What first led you into doing magic?

Power, thirst for knowledge, and for finally adjusting to my interests that I’d always been captivated by.

5 Likes

My girl friends now wife mother was a white Witch, I never really saw myself getting into magik …tell one day I went to the botanica to buy candles and sage for her mother and something just dawned on me, it was a book on the doctrine of luciferian , I read it totally gave me a new outlook on life and the spirit world and how some of it already applied to me, it took about a year before I really started to find foundation in my magik . it’s become part of me a big vey big part in my life, we are very blessed in all ways don’t get me wrong I share the same trials and tribulations as each other…bit Lucifer has been wonderful to us,now I work with Azazel who is great, I thanks Lucifer for leading me to him , I can go on but that’s how in a nutshell…Azazel just ask for me to play a song for him,”STRANG DAYS” FROM THE DOORS great song
Benji666

3 Likes

When I was 8 years old I had an air elemental/fae around me and from there everything fell in place, got curious and went into nature stuff.

4 Likes

Could you hear?

Yes, I spoke to them often.

1 Like

Hey there @Benji666. I see you joined us back in March but only just started posting. Please make an introduction in the NEW MAGICIAN AND INTRODUCTIONS area, and tell us about yourself and any experience you have in magick. It is a rule of this forum and required.

2 Likes

I was just doing so

Mmm. Off-the-cuff, I would say it’s that I’ve always had access to various spellbooks and books on occult’ish subjects (astral projection, spiritual texts, and the like), and felt a calling in my deepest parts, deeper even than the soul, deep down even in the emptiness within. I’ve always been drawn to the night and the things that go bump in the night. I believe I was around 7 when I tried my first serious works, using Grand Grimoire and reaching out to Lucifuge Rofocael (personal idiosyncrasy spelling his name). After that I jacked around studying various systems for a long while (wicca, alchemy, western ceremonial, etc). Even during those studies and works something was missing for me, something was… wrong. It didn’t click until some odd years back that what was missing was Lilith. So, in a manner of speaking, I suppose I should say that it was Lilith calling to me, that led me in to doing magic.

3 Likes

I had been going to church for years. Since I can remember I had always been a part of a youth group or some kind of ministry. It wasn’t until I turned 18 that I realized the world outside the church was moving and living in a way that was just more full of life. I was a praise and worship leader, meaning I took part in leading the congregation in worship through music I was also a closeted homosexual and an aspiring fashion designer (eye roll ). I had decided I wanted to leave out of state for college to pursue this but this was not the plan my church had for me. I left to Arizona for a week to look at some potential schools came back to find that the people I had devoted my life to, my brothers and sisters ,had all decided that I was no longer a leader and had slowly started to push me into the background . As this was happening I found peace in researching the history of the church and all the things they trampled over during its rise to power. I had seen there were a great many things the church would have rather not have had us know. Magic being one of them. From that moment I choose not to let anyone tell me who or what God is or wanted of me. I choose to seek other gods and other spirits that had no rules for me to follow or cared about what I did with my sex life. Aside from all that , i found that the God of the Church took too long to get things done. Magic was my way of doing it myself and/or MAKING him do it.

2 Likes

I read an article, being an atheist, and said “Hey, I didn’t try that. Let’s get a laugh at Ganesh expenses”. Yeah, that day I was almost twice as productive as my highest productivity record ever, something I didn’t even thought was possible. Like… at all. So here I’m, trying to learn magic.

4 Likes

Please be aware that your profile does NOT count as an introduction. It must be posted to the forum proper.

This is gonna sound super silly, but Hocus Pocus. Yes, the Disney movie. My knowledge of witches and witchcraft was little more than stories and Halloween costumes but I was 13 at the time, my mind was starting to expand out of what I’d always been taught about life and spirituality(raised Catholic), and as I watched the movie the thought occurred to me, what if this is actually real? By 14 I had acquired my first book on Paganism and now 25 years later, I’m summoning demons. What a ride.

3 Likes

When I was nine years old my mom and I were headed back from an Easter church service. At the time I wasn’t aloud to easter egg hunt and I couldn’t understand why, at first all she told me was that it was demonic in nature and therefore I couldn’t participate. I kept pushing and prodding during that car ride and eventually she told me that the eggs and easter bunny were a symbol of fertility and it was directly connected to a demon named Lilith. She told me about how Lilith was Adam’s first wife, and it was because she disobeyed him that she became a demon.

When I got home I couldn’t get my mind off of the name Lilith, so on the holiest of sundays I got to researching. I fell in love with her stories, so naturally as any perfectly sane nine year old would, I decided I wanted to sell my soul. That naive desicion eventually led me to E.A Koettings youtube channel, where I became very disappointed that selling my soul wasn’t somthing I could do. However, that sparked somthing in me.

I began to try free spells online, granted they were mainly spells to turn me into a vampire or make me skinny, never worked, but hey, you never know. It just went on from there, from fake magic to real magick, I just never stopped.

3 Likes

The real reason I got into doing magick was someone was pissing me off seriously, for almost a year. I would pray and pray for it to get resolved, but just had to confront it and deal with the situation myself. I kind of wished I could put a curse on them, half jokingly.

Soon afterwards, I just bought a book and it tried it out. I could not believe how intense some of these sprits are. It was something I had to experience for myself. Now I can’t imagine my life without this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I guess starting and understanding magik was always something I been around through out my life,like Anton Lavey said try flipping the coin in your life, when I finally felt my calling I started picking up books, learning self mastery through Belial, meditation and learning how to open my third eye , planetary hours etc…and seen myself differently and felt it , my best friends mom growing up was a black witch , himself as well , he never pushed it on me I wish he did I’d be that much more knowledgeable …there was a threat made by his neighbor and within 3 days the neighbor died unknown causes, my Best friend told me he put a death hex on this person not in detail, he ended up doing 10 years in prison behind narcotic charges sometime later… we still talk and knows About the major changes I made in life, his advice was whenever you use your magik in a negative matter as he did it comes with a consequence his was prison time for sales of narcotics he considers his consequence, so if you use your magic use it towards positive purposes and you always have a positive outcome and always have respect And pay homage to Lucifer…everything else will fall in place the fallen angels will bend over backwards for you…Lucifer just wants Your commitment respect and small offerings which I do at least 3-4 times a week to feel the presence of the King , …As above-So below (Baphomet) Hail Lucifer The King of this earth and the pit below … I can’t thank him enough for his blessings, knowledge,love, truth, self liberation ,protection etc…Benji666

3 Likes

Right on :slight_smile:

Originally I was reading Crowley’s work, although not for the magick because I didn’t really believe in it back then. But then I discovered his handbook on the great dead art of divinatory Geomancy, but I did not really understand what was written as I didn’t know much magick terminology or really anything about the Golden Dawn tradition. So not understanding it, but highly intrigued by it, I found John Michael Greer’s Earth Divination, Earth Magic: A Practical Guide to Geomancy, which was very simple and more traditional as well, so I started practicing it immediately and I found that almost every single chart I cast ended up giving an accurate outcome. That was a revelation to me that all this could possibly be real. After that I looked at the Psychonaught Field Manual and that was intriguing but way too complex for me and made me believe that magick could easily cause tremendous damage to the psyche, so I left magick after that… But I couldn’t stay away, and eventually found Damon Brand’s Words of Power, and I tried the one ritual to get money and it worked the very next day in an unexpected way, and since then I’d say about 70-80 percent of my rituals have been successful, particularly Angelic Magick. I really liked Chaos Magick Sigils for a while after that but for some reason I can almost never get that to work (although when they did work, they gave me some very surreal results).

4 Likes

How do you charge your sigils? Everyone does it differently I personally like sexual charging mine , Sex is natural and us being beast of the field it’s as close to nature as possible,sigils are strong, just wanted a outlook from someone else point of view

1 Like

I also charged them through orgasm, sadly never got many results through that method. But some time ago I started using them as sort of talismans, like I would draw them and charge them with energy or with my breath and simply know it’s fulling it’s purpose after that, and with that method I’ve gotten VERY good results pretty much all the time, but I think the energy tends to attract parasites so I don’t use them too much.

2 Likes

Care to expand?