What actually *is* pathworking?

From what I can tell, it doesn’t have a great definition. Like, there’s the sephiroth/qliphoth, the draconic path, and then there’s…

Well, @MagusOfGamaliel called visiting anime world pathworking.
Then I heard something about norse magick pathworking.
Then Fae pathworking.

What.

2 Likes

I have detailed this elsewhere, many times.

4 Likes

I suspect that you snort something before you read my posts :hushed:

1 Like

Looked it up, couldn’t find it. Thanks!

Nope, I’m always on speed while on BALG.

It was on this post about “visiting anime worlds”.

You said it was called “pathworking”

No, I didn’t say that :confused:

1 Like

For me pathwork is when you do some astral initiation

On a post bout’ visiting anime worlds. Without context.

1 Like

I use Asenath’s definition of the concept, and the dictionary translates it as “meditación guiada”, “guided meditation”

1 Like

Where s the anime parte?

Without context. On a post asking about visiting anime worlds.

1 Like

lol wot

Pathworking is a magical imagery technique, used in current western magic, in which subject is lead through inner pathways of consciousness to experience archetypical visions

Here’s a definition I found however, from what I have found it was normally or “originally” used in kabbalah workings and tarot workings. I could be wrong, but that’s what I found that a few definitions seem to gear it towards but over time it’s been added and expanded on.

1 Like

To keep things simple, just think of pathworking as referring to any distinct system or method of magick that follows a specific course toward a result.

So, working the Tree of Life is pathworking.

Working the Qlippoth is pathworking.

Working in the Draconian current of Asenath Mason is path working.

Working the Goetia, whether in a traditional or modern way, is pathworking.

7 Likes

Magus’ words, not mine.

Though I wonder if they could be visited, almost as if they were a thoughtform

They can, many people have went into creating these worlds in the astral/mental even the author themselves can unconsciously create them as they write them if given enough emotions put into it to a point even they feel it’s real.

1 Like

After all, lovecraftian stuff was made up, if I’m correct.

@Maxwell love what never heard of Lovecraftian could you please elaborate on that where did you see that ?

Ah. H. P. Lovecraft was a famous horror novelist a longish time ago. He made classics such as The Call of Cthulhu and The Shadow Over Innsmouth. Deities like Nyarlathotep and Cthulhu were supposedly made in a spur of madness, nightmares and a fascination with all that cannot be comprehended.

He made them up, but they are common staples of the occult as thoughtforms or paths of magick.

1 Like

Ah ok I see well most novelist get their made up stories from history or myths.

There is a lot of debate on that in the occult community. I, personally, agree that they are indeed fictional, but many feel otherwise, and like to claim they are real, and visited ol’ HP in his dreams, since dreams were the inspiration for a lot of his fiction (but certainly not all of it).

Ultimately, though, it doesn’t matter. Magicians work with fictional concepts all the time, with powerful results.

2 Likes