Tutorial: Low Key Personal Sigil

Prior to a suggestion from @Lady_Eva, I am going to write this short tutorial for those of you who are interested in sigil magic but may live in a situation where you are not comfortable/able to express your more magical side for whatever reason. I grew up in a Baptist household where my step mother was terrified of magic, so low key magic was a big part of my practice early on before going off to college. I understand the difficulties of being in said situation and I hope this is in some way helpful to some of you.

Okay, a quick recap on sigils in general before I continue. Sigils are drawings created for the purpose of either connecting with a particular entity or to tap into one’s own power to promote change (what we call magic). The drawing in itself holds no power, but it a trigger for the magician’s mind to call upon the power/change it represents (in other words, do not worry about perfection). This particular sigil I am talking about serves the purpose of establishing a connection with your own power (or God self, depending on your intention) and also to serve as a reminder of your own personal goals when the going gets tough. It can certainly be tweaked to fulfill another goal, but for the sake of this article, let’s stick with this idea.

For this exercise, you will need the following:

-some experience with meditation and visualization
-A writing instrument
-Paper
-A hand (can be either right or left, does not really matter. I used my left because it is easier to draw with my right)
-A candle and matchs or another means of disposing the sigil

Sit in a quiet space where you will not likely be disturbed. Practice some deep breathing exercises to calm your mind and relax the body, using your diaphragm instead of allowing your chest to rise. Think about the goal of establish a connection with your own power and of the goals you wish to work for in your life. Take as much time as you see fit. When you are ready, light the candle and gaze at the palm of the hand you are not drawing with. Sketch the lines of your palm to create the sigil, using and eliminating whichever one’s you wish to. Make it as appealing as you desire, but keep the basic structure to where you can still recognize it as the lines on your palm.

When you are done, take a moment to gaze at the sigil. Recognize it as YOUR mark, and only yours. Gently blow on it, visualizing light leaving your lips and onto the sigil, seeing the lines start to glow and flash from the life you gave it. Rise your writing/drawing hand over the sigil, visualizing it rise up from the page and move it onto the palm you sketched, slowly fusing into the natural lines of your hand. Declare that this sigil is bound to your blood and will remain there to serve its purpose as a key to your power and the drive you need when life gets hard. See it fuse into your hand, becoming part of you.

Take the physical copy and burn it, tossing the paper into a fireproof dish. Scatter the ashes later on. If you cannot burn things, dispose of it however you choose. I’ve heard of successes from burial and flushing down a toilet when necessary. Be creative.

As you go on with life and you start to feel a little lost, gaze down at your palm and see your sigil. Allow it to reopen the gates to your power as a living god/goddess/spiritual being and give the good fight as venture on to achieve your goals in life.

Thank you for reading and feel free to ask any questions.

17 Likes

Awesome, thanks! :+1:

3 Likes

No problem, I’ll do one on how to I make sigils using planetary squares in combination with the scientific names of animals and plants when I have more time.

3 Likes

Excellent work :fire:

1 Like

Excellent exercise to reconnect to inner God/Goddess. Definitely doing this one. Thank you. :+1:t2:

1 Like

This is great, I will definitely be putting this high on my to do list thank you

1 Like

An addititon:

I have not experimented if another can use the personal sigil of another as a way to access that individual’s energy so if anyone is looking for further experimentation, that could be something to look at. It could work for giving simply each other energy or a really complex ritual such as deification. If anyone tries this, please update me for my own knowledge.

2 Likes

great work, I’ll try by myself, then let you know the results, meanwhile, I had never succeeded in the sigil magick. Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like