Trickster daemons/spirits

Huh. I’ve a natural connection to the Fae as well. runs on my dad’s side.

2 Likes

And so the plot thickens. Interesting coincidence…

I think sphinx, brownies, and some dragon spirits enjoy tricks and mischief too, though spirit types might not be specifically what you’re asking

1 Like

Always wondered if I’d have any connections to the Fae as well.
Hekate considers me one of her sons, So i’d see some kind of connection there, with the Dark Fae I suppose.

1 Like

Ayeeee.

Well it’s likely if the Hekate thing is true. I have it because

1. my grandma did, so it trickled down other than she helped raise me so I was around them a lot by default. She had a lot of faerie statues.
  2. I sought them out
  3. Hekate and Morrigan.
1 Like

Lilith and Flauros were calling me “son” too, I was calling Them back mothers. Lilith was also calling “son” a friend. (that friend introduced me to Lilith first, I was kind of scared of Her) But She appeared to me before my friend encouraged me making contact with Her. Hekate and Lilith it seems like they are linked, I’m almost sure about that.

1 Like

Now that we’re on the topic of Hekate i’d have to ask do I need an entirely unique altar dedicated to Hekate?, or can I add her to my already existing altar.
I’d like to work with her a lot more then what I’ve already done in the past.
I get the sense she wouldn’t mind personally, But I figured since you’ve probably worked with her more than I have i’d ask you.
@Fallen_Angel

1 Like

Wait, I’d consider that Lilith it’s a trickster spirit too because of some experiences that happened.

3 Likes

She showed up just a few weeks after lucifer, concerning the death of the grandmother I just talked about. She’s been around since the beginning of my craft, if you were curious.

Now with the above being said, I will note while she speaks to me, I do not speak for her. So I’ll go off of my experiences and what I’ve done/know so far.

One of her greatest lessons to me, was the mind. She said this:
" You’re greatest gift, is your intellect. In a world of ignorance you’ve defied that tendency. You’re smart. So long as you have a mind, you do not need any tools. Nor an altar or anyone else. You’ve become your own saviour and your own power. Your power is inward not outward. You require nothing, child. The power is yours, embrace it"

^that essentially goes back to the idea that you can substitute you mind for tools. So nothing is required but in the case of having them anyway:
I do have a Hekate altar, it has not been dedicated yet, but for a good reason. However, she is still the focus of that altar.

I’ve always asked the spirit what they’ve wanted for that altar. So I asked Hekate how she felt and what she wanted. She understood the situation and pretty much told me where to put what. There are other statues on that altar beyond hers. So far there’s been no mal intention from her.

Brief summary: altars aren’t required, but if you want them, ask her personally what she thinks and go on that.

Now in the case of a general altar, she can be placed there if you’d like. A personal altar would be best built under her guidance, since itd be hers after all.

1 Like

Aye, thank you for the in depth explanation, sounds like something she would say in her very tough love like motherly tone.
Again thank you, I’ll look to it.
@Fallen_Angel

2 Likes

While I’m at it @Lokthoriel I’m gonna add on to this. It really depends on what you want to do.

To me, a separate altar for one entity is an expression of that relationship you have with that entity and is really meant to be worked with only when working with that entity. If you’re going to be solely working with her for a long time I’d say it’s not a bad idea (it’s not either way, just depends on what you want to do.)

On one hand though you have to think, “in how many ways can I connect with Hekate without anything” then there’s the idea of honoring her, etc.

1 Like

Promethius, Mercury, Lucifer, Jesus Christ, Mephistopheles, Katsune, Coyote, The Holy Infant of Antocha, Hermes, Eleggua, Papa Legba, Raphael, Raziel

Thoth

Why do you say Archangel Raphael and Raziel are tricksters? What did they do that made you think so?

Welcome back to the forum @Tahoma. I see you still haven’t introduced yourself as is the requirement here, despite being asked to do so three times already. Before you make any more posts, PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc. Failure to do so will result in the removal of any subsequent posts until our rule is respected. I will not ask again.

intro3

Just noticed this old thread here, which is relevant indeed to the black magician although many have named well established deities as deceiving them?? Let me ask you all here, do you really think it was them or a quirk in the procedure that can certainly happen in the early stages of communication?

How easy do you think we could be misled through our own thoughts or the past thoughts of others? Have you ever stopped to think about how many thoughts we have processed over the years, but left unfinished or simply abandoned > do you think these half-formed clusters of data simply disappear, or do they accumulate?

Many people form ideas and give them so much energy then leave them or forget about them, which can produce enough stimuli to form an entity that can feed off these ideas. I totally belief that these rogue entities can quite easily mix and interfere with our young tender thoughts in the early stages, leading us up the proverbial garden path!

This astral slime is very close to our consciousness as its floating about in the lower regions. It can therefore easily hook up to similar thoughts from us and gain enough strength and independence. This is the phenomena I refer to as it can lead our thoughts either at a mundane level or through ritual. So when we are new to something and trying to get information about it, we are at that exact vulnerable stage where these rogue entities can indeed take advantage.This as you can imagine can happen in ritual when we are using a new entity for the first time as they can easily feed off the situation here.

This of cause leads to that age-old question with magicians in general concerning the sincerity of the spirit…was it a genuine encounter, or was it simply our own thoughts trying to fill the gap thereby giving us incorrect information?

It is surprisingly simple to confirm a genuine spirit from a fake. We simply ask them for conformation as they are bound by universal law to tell the truth. Some spirits however have developed very clever ways of bending the truth? Although they appear to be honest, some spirits are like us as they can tell you what you want to hear. Many can also deceive us by simply not telling us the whole truth, or by letting us assume and not correcting us afterwards ( The Fae are experts at this).

You must look for signs of arrogance and avoidance with unfamiliar types. In my own experience, I would never trust any spirit who adamantly tries to direct me, or avoids relevant questions, so I would avoid any serious issues or complicated situations until I’ve got to know that particular spirit better and I have developed some confidence with its presence. It is wise in the early stages with unfamiliars, to do a prior ritual as a way to bind the spirit. This involves asking them to confirm their name and what their attributes are, or what they can do for us as some spirits work slightly differently for different magicians. This initial encounter will not only allow you to get a true rapport started with the spirit, it will also obligate it to fulfil its duties to you when next called upon, this effectively binds the spirit and cuts out the rogues.