To those who have been homeless, how did you make money?

I recently lost my job and I’m about to live in the municipal housing, apart from begging which I intend not do ever and getting another job what other ways are there to make money, without ilegalities like selling drugs or poker. Is it possible to somewhat earn a living doing tarot readings to random people in the street or giving out or distributing fliers offering magical rituals?

3 Likes

My advice when it comes to earning money is to do something that people need.

Can you clean a house? Can you Build a web page? Can you write a story or can you persuade someone to do something? Currently, I make money creating digital art. It makes about $600 per month.

Before this, I ran a website for a nish group of people, and it’s gross me about 1500 among.

You find a nish, and then you serve the nish.The niche will compensate you monetarily.

If you have a computer, and Internet, you have the world at your fingertips. You can do surveys, which will give you some money but nowhere near as much as you’d like per month. Is the highest that I know of, for surveys, is around 1100 a month. And that’s doing it like it’s a job.

You can find something peri’m something. But you need to practice it to get good at it. But it doesn’t take much though. And you can literally learn while people pay you to Is create for them.

8 Likes

hustle- actively approach people offering them some sort of service. It feels embarrassing but surviving is more important.

4 Likes

I don’t know, could you plug me up with a paying survey website or app? Most of those webpages claim to be paying but it’s a scam and waste of time at the end of the day.

2 Likes

Generosity of family and friends to avoid me being homeless for long.
Busting my ass at shitty jobs to just pay bills, getting food from food pantries.
Side jobs for cash. Selling a legal item to others in need.
Whatever it takes.

2 Likes

I need 10 euros a day 300 a month for rent and expenses.

1 Like

Is begging an option? You can make 10 bucks in 3 hours, is it ok to lower yourself if you have no option?

2 Likes

Perhaps an honest living?

3 Likes

Begging is an option. But not a viable one. It will also lower your self esteem. If you are going to be begging, you may as well go into sales. The difference between sales and begging is literally that you are asking someone to give you something with no reciprocity, while in the other situation you are convincing them by showing them why they should support you and the benefits.

Create something that they can use repeatedly, and you will have recurring money.

2 Likes

I do not advise survey because they are a truly shit way to make money.

Literally the best survey earner I know earns what he does using multie websites, and sits there 8 hours per day 5 days per week.

It is boring, mind numbing, and you will be crying yourself to sleep at night because of the twists and turns you will get taken through.

How does he do it? He is a skill-less man who is paralyzed from the waist down. He HAS to do that.

You can learn to build a web page in a day, and start earning on fiverr by week’s end.

But if you still want to do surveys, http://www.prolific.co is a reliable site. It’s got surveys accessible from all over the world.

I truly advise you to develop a skill that others desire the result of. It can be art. It can be computer skills. Anything that people desire the result of, but are not willing to put forth the effort to do themselves, is what you need to focus on.

Is everybody likes food, but not everyone wants to be a chef, or farmer. See what I mean?

3 Likes

Begging is a viable option only if you can systemize it in such a way that you can make money efficiently with it… Since it is a non taxable form of income.

1 Like

Hmm when I was homeless I just kept working my job without letting them know, streams can be good for cleaning up, but our work also had me do powerwashing outside too, which was a nice opportunity to shower discreetly. But tbh im also curious about how to do business and stuff without like, relying on other people, like how to get connected with local businessmen who would be amenable to some sort of agreement for the exchange of goods and stuff. I suppose, how to build a good network both locally and statewide, and eventually even nationally or globally, which would allow us to do business with people that have discretion. Not for anything bad ofc just to build a network for legit business but outside the government’s oversight essentially just a disclaimer lol
eventually i’d even like to build financial systems based off of the blockchain probably, which can allow people to do everything the existing financial systems do, but without having to tie it to their legal id, instead we would use our own identifiers which would be globally unique, and could be created and verified easily since they are on the blockchain. Unfortunatly i have a lot to learn first lol, not completely sure where to start but I have a few college textbooks on economics and international business that my mom had, so i’ve started by studying them and seeing where it goes

3 Likes

You think far bigger than I do. I like it.

1 Like