Threads for discussing consciousness and magical philosophy?

Quick note - I have a Christmas dinner to run out to (martial arts class), will be back later and just wanted to say I’m not ignoring anyone. Often times, I think for the better and for my own sanity/autonomy, I don’t have a smartphone yet so I won’t be chiming in for a while.

Enjoy.

Quidditas of semblance - a brief reveal, through a manifestation, of the primal or true nature of some-thing.

Ultimately though, I think denoting is part of the problem. In my view, when something is defined by language it cleaves the “wholeness” into several pieces, leaving only fragments or the parsements in causal existence, with its connexion to the acausal remnants, and the acausal as a whole mostly severed. Ideally, the working toward a numinous tradition where language is used as a back-up only (denoting) and emphasis is placed upon physical interaction, secret aural teachings, art and symbols, should be paramount.

This seems like it can lead to people being unable to give actionable direction. Plenty of orders like AMORC and BOTA just give a one-size-fits-all monograph system, A.‘.A.’. might at least try to give an individualized education (debating whether I should look into that) but overall it seems like, in terms of getting people up and running, there should be actionable language with magic.

A good example - Maulbeere was trying to say something about taking the short and long way earlier and I think that had something to do with problems with language. For example if it’s just active imagination - I already have that and it’s only so interesting. Anyone can fantasize. There are tons of threads on this forum about sexual encounters with chthonic gods and goddesses as well as demons and other spirits. Even in my own case when I’ve had a long day at work I often enough do have a wonderful horned maiden to warm the bed with me. What do I think this is? IMHO it’s the same thing I had in my teen years but now just slightly different in that it’s informed by occult philosophy and entities I’ve now heard of or concepts I’m now aware of. Even most of my Lilith, Naamah, even Lucifer encounters, I’d boil them down to my big-M Me (the whole entity in my skull) taking delight in the little me who runs around the world fulfilling obligations and if there’s no actual woman to warm my bed it wants to be there to reward me for a day well worked or a job well done. Similarly there are all kinds of fascinating things people can do with self-authorship, that’s taking yourself into your own hands and crafting your own story, I’d say that’s cousin to magic in that it’s incredibly deep, rewarding, and useful personal work that makes a far more useful human being in many cases than people who haven’t done it but it’s still just the use of active imagination.

My long way’s aim? Not just active imagination but rather veridical perception. My first brush with a goddess was what I’d have to call a veridical event, I often compare this to a pain scale where a headache is 1.5, being sick is 3, having an appendix that’s about to explode was an 8, I could compare on the imagery and reality level daydreaming as 1, fantasizing as maybe a 2 to 2.5, a real sweeping psychedelic flight where I’m drenching my pillow with sweat - 5, my meditative experience with Isis/Sophia? 8. I’ve only had that happen once, I don’t know that it’ll happen again, but for me if there’s scrying in the astral, working paths of the ToL or the ToD, from knowing that veridical perception is a thing that can happen I really don’t trust that I’m getting veridical perception unless I have full reason to know that this is what I’m getting.

There may be other layers, other kinds of active imagination or pre-veridical states that I haven’t encountered, they’d be fascinating to hear about and get some sense of how to sort them from other layers, but even being able to hear from someone ‘Yes - I know precisely where you’re at, I was there’… whose then able to say rather than ‘I just stopped thinking about it’ they were able to find what they needed and can at least point in the right direction what the next step is - that would be great but it takes language to be able to do that much like it takes language for people on threads like these to really know what they’re disagreeing on over and above language usage.

I agree but I have an eerie suspicion that people are more into hoarding secrets. So no matter how close you may be getting to confirming what your intuition may be hinting, you probably won’t get to crossreference with anything worth looking into. Just like there are blinds in grimoires, I find that people also speak in a coded language when it comes to certain topics.

1 Like