The Vampyre King ~ by arianna

you’re super welcome really, dear Arianna! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Keeping us in suspense…whens the next segment coming :smile:

1 Like

I’m sorry I really should write some more…I got an idea in my head…of where to go

I’ll will try to get some more up this weekend hopefully in the morning. …

Thank you @AdamThoth for being my #1 fan.
It means alot to me :slight_smile::heart::rose:

3 Likes

YKo7gi8:+1::clap:

2 Likes

Haha!! Okay I will :grin: :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Arianna

Walking back into town made me hungry so instead ofor going straight to find work I went to see Mr. EArl. I knew he’d have a little something for me.

I walk in through the back door…
There are bullies inside I can feel it in the air. They always come around wanting to bully businesses into giving them a certain percent.

Usually though the leave Mr. Earl alone due to his friendship with Pops and all.
These aren’t the usually bullies though, they came from the other side of town …the rough side. If there can be a rough side.

One walks up to me and runs a finger down my face, while sniffing my hair.
I’m not having it , I don’t live at the orphange anymore so I don’t have hide my knowledge of martial arts. …
Hiding from sister Mary Catherine did have its advantages … the local martial arts instructor taught me enough.

I break his arm in two places…
Not my problem. I lived out years of torment from bullies. And my arms spent most of my child hood in make shift casts.

The bullies decide to leave. That’s good. I’m hungry and don’t care to deal with them.

I sit at my spot … the table by the hearth.
Mr. Earl my dear sweet Mr. Earl, brings me a blueberry muffin and some caramel coffee.

“You are viscious sometimes, you know that right?”

“I wasn’t in the mood to play”

“Could see that”

"Look princess, I found you a job. A Mr. JAmes Hillbrook came in yesterday. I’ve known for a long time. He does the staff hiring for the King. Such as maid, butlers and the sort.

It appears the King needs a new maid. It would pay and it is also room and board. So you wouldn’t be freeing your backside off in that ole shack.
I’ve already recommended you to him, so you need to go to the castle and apply."

“Right I just show up at the castle , uninvited”

“He is expecting you”

“Do you really think it’s a good idea for me to live in a castle full of vampires?” I asked him questioning this whole thing.

"Yes, I do.“
Tell me princess, has a vampire ever attacked or attempted to attack you?”

I had to think about it. Sister Mary Catherine’s goons had attacked me over and over but they aren’t vampires. Bullies have attacked me but they aren’t vampires.
I make an odd face… even at Pop’s bar they don’t attack me. Though, I always thought that was out of respect for Pops.

" I guess your right old man. I haven’t ever been attacked by a Vampire. … "

“No, you haven’t. So you’ll be perfectly fine.”

"But why? Why haven’t I ever been attacked by a Vampire? "

Mr. Earl just shrugs … and avoids the question.

" I feel however, that you will find many answers to many questions in that Castle , love."

I sit back and think. He might be right the castle has the oldest and best library in the whole country.
I could do alot more research and try to find out more about my ring. The public library and the university library didn’t have anything. .

This could be a major opportunity for me. In more ways than one.

3 Likes