The Amazing Movies Thread

4 Likes

^ LMFAOOOOOOO :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Mandy (2018)

Mandy is a film where Nicholas Cage gets high as fuck and hunts demon-bikers with a battle axe in 1980.

3 Likes

This makes me a happy kitty, thanks for sharing. :heart:

A old and forgotten MINDBOGLING(Due to its quality ) Classic .

When i watched the whole Movie it was like a reflex that i must start scratch my head pretty hard so…

Yeah that was my review have fun😉

Ey it is in german. Shout out to my Austrian and German fellas.:metal:

I just recently watched suspiria (1977)
I have to say it’s amazing! Definitely a 10/10 one of my favorite horror movies alongside with Nightmare on elm Street. The colors and the theme song by goblins were amazing!

I have yet seen this movie! It’s definitely on my must-watch list.

1 Like

I recommend the 2 Judge dredd movies The first one is like a '90s cyberpunk cheesy action flick with Stallone while the reboot (2012) It’s more serious hardcore I may also add that in the 1995 Dredd movie.

Stallone loves taking off his helmet but in the 2012 version they keep it on which I love a lot and Karl Urban as Judge dread in the reboot is casted PERFECTLY! he has this grizzly man voice and I love it!

‘The Fugitive’ is amazing movie which it about a guy(Harrison Ford) who gets accused of murder

And I recommend ‘Double Jeopardy’ which is the same plot of the film the Fugitive except the main character in that movie is a chick

I also re-watched ‘Men In Black’ and It was actually really good from what I remember the 1st time

And Independence day (ORIGINAL. I heard the reboot was garbage lol)

Oh yeah I almost forgot about Men in Black: International (2019) I never seen it But I have heard it was surprisingly good I have seen the trailer before but I thought it was going to be garbage so I never even bothered going to the theaters to see it MIB 2, and 3 I heard is when they went down hill I do remember seeing 2, and 3 But I can’t remember If it was good or not. The first film is the only men in black movie I own on VHS.

Price was great in Dr. Phibes and Dr. Phibes Rises Again.

1 Like

That was a disturbing film. Loved It.

The original “The Hill Have Eyes” from the seventies was great. I saw it at the drive-in as a kid. Pretty damn scary to a thrirteen year old.

1 Like

Here is a given one scifi film “Passengers” here but well worth it in my opinion: PASSENGERS - Official Trailer (HD) - YouTube
This trailer audio is a total misrepresentation of this movie well ripp

1 Like

I highly recommend The cartoon series ‘Spawn’ That aired on HBO It was also heavily inspired by Batman the animated series I’ll give it a 9/10 I was rewatching that recently also watch it in the dark! IN FACT the show is designed for you to watch in the dark.

One of my favorite lines from Todd McFarlane when the show was about to start were

“And now spawn, so turn off your lights.”

I was watching this 1 video this guy was saying tha the show was too dark And you couldn’t barely see anything at times, until mad house animation took over in the 3rd season and That’s when it looked really beautiful I honestly

disagree. The only thing I can say about what looked too dark that was just unnecessary was Jason Wynn’s office in the daytime But that’s the only thing I can say about something being “too dark.”

There was also a movie that came out the same year in 1997 (cartoon series in May, movie in August) oh and I did rewatch the movie and uuhh… Yeah not very good lol! to me it’s a 3/10 the only thing I liked was the casting, the music Which about the music doesn’t Todd like Korn? Where the fuck is kick the PA??? At least put it at the end credits!

And that’s pretty much the only things I liked about the movie, I honestly really love cheesy movies and I’m willing to look past the bad effect but the way this spawn movie was done just was not good.

Todd McFarlane was also talking about making a new movie but he’s been saying this for a while now But I’m holding out hope, he says he wants it to be a dark hard R rating.

Cinemassacre made a review on the movie I recommend you guys check that out as well I love those guys! Unfortunately I think they stopped the rental reviews.

Since I just talked about spawn being inspired by Batman the animated series I’m going to also recommend Batman: Mask of the Phantasm Which I heard was apparently really underrated And it also didn’t sell well at the box office.

I liked the movie it’s a hard 8/10 the music and animation was amazing there’s a scene when Batman is in the rain And you just see rain pouring down from his mask it looks so beautiful! Even though it’s great I

think I liked it less then most people who have seen it because to me It feels like It was supposed to be the first episode of the Animated series but, just never made it on screen only now but they made it longer and more pretty looking and I say that because they go over the whole Bruce being haunted by his past and

they show him designing the bat costume for the first time, I also thought the masked phantom character was pretty lame honestly…Which really just reminds me of The Judge from season 4 which I hated that season I only loved 2 episodes ‘Mad Love’ being my number one favorite, and ‘judgment day’ Which that’s the episode where the judge appears for the 1st time.

‘Batman: The Animated Series’ I also recommend everyone to go watch if you have not already! I actually had all of the seasons I bought on DVD years ago and I never touched them until now and rewatched all the episodes And also watched all the commentaries. I give it a 9/10 SEASON 4 in my opinion is when they fell COMPLETELY OFF FUCKING HILL lol! character design was changed which I HATED!

EXCEPT for scarecrow I LOVED scarecrows redesign they also recasted him and the new guy who voiced him is amazing It’s this whispering raspy dark voice, and scarecrow actually looks very disturbingly creepy really that’s the design they should have kept throughout the Batman series The other 3 seasons he was just a cartoony crazy scientist But in S4 he was more serious in sinister.

OH! In one important fact I forgot to mention! When you look on Google it’s says the first episode of season 1 is ‘The Cat and the claw’ Part 1 when uh. No! The 1st episode on season 1 Is ‘On Leather Wings’ The cat and the claw was episode 15, also… I forgot how DARK this show can be (NOT animation) But the actual episodes itself this was a kid show but it was also for adults and there are somethings your obviously not going to get until you’re older.

1 Like

Totoro is a good one, there’s also another. Forgot the name but about some guy who gets a disease from a “demon” or corrupt animal spirit then goes to find a cure, learns about a wolf princess who is fighting the humans who are destroying nature, And the nature Gods.

Great moral to the story. Not so much magick but more for important lessons, and of course reference to lore, spirits,etc.

Oh and I also did liked the Christian Bale Batman movies (only 2 of them)

Batman:Begins 7/10

The Dark Knight (being the best out of all of them in my opinion) 9/10 And Heath Ledger as Joker. WOW! I think he did a fucking AMAZING JOB! That whole scene when when he’s holding the knife in
Rachel’s mouth with the camera spinning around. INTENSE!

The Dark Knight Rises 6/10. They try to bring in Catwoman and mm…I just feel the actress tried to hard I just never saw her as Catwoman, I honestly really just didn’t like the movie But the whole Bane vs. Batman fight I LOVED that part there’s no music playing just two shredded guys fighting that was a fucking great scene!

And I also liked Tim Burton’s Batman

And Batman Returns-10/10 I thought was the best out of the Tim movies the other 90s Batman films I can’t remember…the only thing I do remember is the bat nipples…yeah that film was shit :joy:

I also watched Deathstalker recently I 1st heard about it from the Angry Videogame Nerd which is basically about this guy who is the chosen one and he as to bring balance to the force of good. Plot was simple but still a great movie. 10/10

Deathstalker 2 is when it gets silly unlike the original which was more serious, but still pretty fun. 8/10 you can watch both for free on Tubi TV as for the other films I hadn’t seen those yet.

Oh and of Course Excalibur which I have seen people recommend it on this thread a few times.

and Merlin which was another Excalibur but this one is a TV series even though YEAH…Its pretty cheesy at times but the casting is amazing and everything else holds it up

OH and I saw someone recommend Eraserhead thats a classic! I’m shocked nobody else said that movie!