The Amazing Movies Thread

Its the Jason Borne where in the previews he has a Beach Fight and knocks the guy out in one punch. Ive generally liked those kinds of movies as well as the OST Extreme Ways. But yeah ghost busters looks cheesy and looks more like a feminist statement of GirlPower. =)

My old man likes those movies and the books, not so much my cup of tea but I do like the motorbike going down a balcony in Legacy, that was really cool.

I heard they’re making a 2nd Jack Reacher movie with Tom Cruise, those are a bloody abomination, I like the books for mindless entertainment (the last one was a bit too dark for me) but he murders the idea that Reacher is this giant of a guy, and also he’s not really given to soul searching and is pretty optimistic and easy going, whereas Cruise looks like a neurotic type of person, total miscasting IMO.

They should have cast some unknown who fitted the part and could have made it his own and launched a career, Cruise already has Mission Impossible so why he wanted more of the same kind of thing, I don’t know. I don’t hate on Scientologists or him personally, I just think he’s very wrong for that part. :frowning:

1 Like

! No longer available
! No longer available

Wow, this guy doesn’t hold back about who to vote for in the upcoming American election:

Chuck Woolery reacts to ad showing celebrities bashing

I for one was pretty amazed and humbled by his outspokenness. Lots to think about there.

Link if the embed doesn’t work

Milarepa (2007)
! No longer available
Milarepa is a tale of greed and vengeance - demons, magic, murder and redemption. It is the story of the man who became Tibet’s greatest mystic.

This one is a cool H.P. Lovecraft movie to watch that I forgot about but just remembered. Not sure if someone already posted the movie trailer, so here…

The Dunwich Horror (1970)
! No longer available

1 Like

Since E.A. Koetting mentioned it…

White Noise (2005)
! No longer available

1 Like

This one was fun to watch.

! No longer available

So love, many special moment, all is burned though when things go wrong, oh no! :smiley:

Rorschach “You’re Locked In Here With Me” HD

(“The End Is Nigh” - no, really! lol!!)

1 Like

Has anyone here ever seen the Dead Lands it’s​ my favorite movie. If you want to know what LHP looked like in a tribal setting this is it! The Dead Lands (2014) - IMDb

Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life!! Lol

Also, Danny Boyle’s ‘Sunshine’ was… well to be honest I liked where it was going and had the potential to be a deeper commentary on the soul’s connection with light, but Hollywood being Hollywood… well lets just say it’s worth watching for the inspiration but the turn it took and the way it ended up going… eh…

Not a movie but an AMAZING book I think everyone with functioning eyeballs should read is:

‘The Devil’s Apocrypha’ by John A DeVito.

It’s basically the story of creation and the re-telling of the bible from the point of view of 'The ‘Devil’…

Honestly, people, this book…
THIS BOOK!!!
Bruh… :wink:

2 Likes

If you like The Wickerman (the original) and True Detective season 1, this should be right up your alley. Not a lot of movies these days get the adrenaline pumping and disturb me like this one did I recently watched. Can’t recommend it enough.

1 Like

Kill list is an amazing movie. :smiling_imp:

This looks VERY cool! It’s on my watchlist now.

My all-time faves thus far:
The Ninth Gate: The Ninth Gate HD Digital Trailer - YouTube
and The Devil Rides Out The Devil Rides Out / Official Theatrical Trailer (1968) HD - YouTube (which may have been called “The Devil’s Bride” in some territories)

1 Like

The Voice From The Stone is a nicely slow-building supernatural movie, I got dragged to see it because of a certain Emila Clark fan in my household (she gets naked in it) - it’s pretty tasteful and relevant to the story, I really liked the atmosphere and, not to spoiler it, the underlying premise.

It didn’t get great reviews but it’s not the sort of creeper than shocks you out of your seat, or splatters gore everywhere, or gives knowing winks and unsubtle flags for what’s happening that are a mile wide, and the setting, a castle in Tuscany, is stunning.

Definitely getting that one on DVD as soon as it’s out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is that the crazy Brazilian who shags the mountain at the end? Haha

Сталкер, Tarkovsky 1979

The most creepily beautiful movie I’ve ever seen, with depth and breadth that will make your eyes water. Not for everyone, as it is extremely slow-paced and in Russian, but for those who can handle that, you will NOT be disappointed.

2 Likes

Danton, Gerald Depardieau.

Tarantino’s Inglorious Basterds, I don’t like his gangster movies but this surprised me.

Anyone seen Metropolis?

2 Likes

Scarface is about as LHP as you can get. Tony, “Don’t kill no kids. NO KIDS!” Otherwise, he was a ruthless gangster. He got too “high on his own supply”, very paranoid and didn’t trust his partner with his sister. Big mistake.

The world is yours.

1 Like