Slavic Sorcery?

Hello, so I’m Slavic/Germanic but mostly Slavic. So I would like to learn about the sorcery my ancestors used, sadly there is little information online. There is little Slavs recorded, the only artifact was discovered in Poland (correct me if I’m wrong.)

If you could post links/videos anything really regarding the subject. I wpuld appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

I know you said that you were mostly Slavic but if I’m correct, doesn’t Norse Magick constitute as Germanic? Someone correct me if I’m wrong?

No. Completely different cultures.

In that case ignore me

It was an honest question on your part.

I suppose

[url=http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.slavorum.org/slavic-mythology-by-igor-ozhiganov/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj5-e_5iNLSAhXH4iYKHTRXCtoQFggOMAo&sig2=Kch_wXOu-KGLPbF5uAXh7Q&usg=AFQjCNHqQ_-aT2lwQSuwoCSboiXDBWButg]Redirect Notice

I found this site with a list of Slavic deities.

[quote=“DanielW666, post:1, topic:9585”]Hello, so I’m Slavic/Germanic but mostly Slavic. So I would like to learn about the sorcery my ancestors used, sadly there is little information online. There is little Slavs recorded, the only artifact was discovered in Poland (correct me if I’m wrong.)

If you could post links/videos anything really regarding the subject. I wpuld appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. :)[/quote]

Pm Sent!!

You may have read some of these:

List of Slavic mythological figures

SLAVIC MYTHOLOGY The Gods of Eastern Europe and Russia…

Slavic Mythology

Polish Paganism (possible UPG and neo-pagan/feminist stance, still might be good to get ideas for further research)

Polish gods part 1 – historical and seems interesting

SLAVIC and EURASIAN PANTHEONS – “This page is intended as a reference guide for students of Slavic and Eurasian mythology, and is a catalogue, hopefully reasonably complete, of known God-forms.”

Pagan reaction in Poland

Reakcja pogańska
“Reakcja pogańska – termin współczesny, którym określa się serie wystąpień ludności ziem polskich okresu wczesnofeudalnego, skierowanych przeciwko wzrostowi powinności prawa książęcego oraz przeciwko odgórnemu wprowadzaniu chrześcijaństwa. Punktem kulminacyjnym tych zaburzeń było powstanie ludowe, które wybuchło w 1038 roku, w Wielkopolsce, doprowadzając do anarchii wewnętrznej.”

From what I found, the lack of written records will mean you need to contact your gods directly, and rebuild your own system from there – no bad thing IMO if you have the desire to do it!

Much Norse neo-paganism is muddled with new age concepts that are outright incorrect, and the true brutality of our gods and the people they mentored and walked with is buried under feel-good assumptions, that work well in our tightly-crowded, and reasonably comfortable, modern urban lives, but made little sense back in the day…

Thank you all for your responses, i know most slavic gods and demons, so I will not have to learn about them.

I’m curious how to evoke them and if there are any slavic rituals and so forth.

Hi DanielW666. I myself also have a great percentage of Slavic blood, and have worked with Perun. As others mentioned, there is very little written recorded information on Slavic paganism ritual (at least in English). If you speak the mother tongue that will help you a great deal. Eastern European countries Christianized very early and became very devote so most of our previous ways are lost forever. The population of Poland for example started converting in 966 CE, with the majority of the heathens converting fully by 1030 CE. Further to the east, a great size of Kiev-Rus was already Christian by 944, due to its proximity to Constantinople.

I will add however that the Slavic pagan festivals do correspond with well-known times of the year (The Winter and Summer Solstice, Night of the thin veil - 31 Oct, and Nav Dien or Radunica which corresponds to Ostera or Easter)

Please do share your ritual experiences with these gods and demons, I for one would be happy to hear how you made out.

1 Like

[quote=“vonPfaff, post:11, topic:9585”]Hi DanielW666. I myself also have a great percentage of Slavic blood, and have worked with Perun. As others mentioned, there is very little written recorded information on Slavic paganism ritual (at least in English). If you speak the mother tongue that will help you a great deal. Eastern European countries Christianized very early and became very devote so most of our previous ways are lost forever. The population of Poland for example started converting in 966 CE, with the majority of the heathens converting fully by 1030 CE. Further to the east, a great size of Kiev-Rus was already Christian by 944, due to its proximity to Constantinople.

I will add however that the Slavic pagan festivals do correspond with well-known times of the year (The Winter and Summer Solstice, Night of the thin veil - 31 Oct, and Nav Dien or Radunica which corresponds to Ostera or Easter)

Please do share your ritual experiences with these gods and demons, I for one would be happy to hear how you made out.[/quote]

Yes, I speak fluently Polish. I have a PDF that kiss-lamia-lilith sent me in PM. go to google and search “slavic-pagan-world.pdf” and it should pop up. I hope it helps, all thanks to kiss-lamia-lilith.

The gods Perun, Svarog, Lada and Mokosh are the most respected ones. They have alternative names in different countries (Svitovyd, Svyatovit, Svetovid, Swantovít or just Vid, for example).
Perun is still widley known and respected.

2 Likes

IK, Perun is the god of Thunder and War.

Yes, but also of fertility and abundance.

1 Like

Yeah, but Yarilo and Dzydzilelya are more into fertility. Perun is like the “chief” deity.

1 Like