Requesting list of herbs and uses

I’ve done a bit of research but the lists I found online seemed a bit shallow. Seach function here didn’t help me much either. I’m looking specifically for an herb that helps with strength. Not so much physical strength so much as mental and emotional strength. Something dragon-y sounds nice if that makes sense. Earthy and powerful.

1 Like

Maybe check out something like Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs?

Also, if you need help with search engine skills, feel free to reach out. Often people just don’t know the best way to optimize their internet searches to find the info they need. Cheers.

4 Likes

Thanks! This book will be helpful.

@Rapt As a new member of this forum, please be aware that it is against the rules of this forum to link to sites that carry pirated versions of copyrighted works.

2 Likes

Its a link to google books I don’t think its pirated

Yes, it is, actually. Epub is not a legitimate copy and the book is copyright 2012. Pretty much, the only electronic copy of a book that isn’t a pirated copy would be a Kindle version on Amazon.

1 Like

Mandrake.

1 Like

Dragons blood! I knew I had heard something mentioned here but couldn’t remember the name. I’m doing some reading on that now too but any information or experience with it I would love to hear.

Ill do some reading on mandrake after.

1 Like

You can order a mandrake plant online, when it matures, pull it up out of the pot, and place the root on your mantle or a high spot in your home, and use caution as it is poisonous, wear gloves, and always ask permission from the plant. They are kind of tricky to grow, so I would only grow it indoors after reading up on how best to grow them. I just got one, so maybe I can post some tips when I have more time. Mandrake is an empowering root, its good luck to keep a root on your home, and not only will it empower you, it will empower your magick. Hope that helps. Keep it away from children and pets.

I thank you for sharing but I am in no position to be growing anything right now, for various reasons. I hope one day in the future I will be able to though.

If you had to associate an element with mandrake what would it be?

1 Like

That’s a good question, it is commonly associated with the fire element, but I get a very strong earth element vibe from it too. I had a root for a couple years, and in my opinion I would say both. It is energizing in many ways, but was grounding for me at the same time. Dragons blood resin is always good to have, of course you probably can’t grow a dragons blood tree lol, but using it with any spell makes it work better, plus it adds protection. Mandrake if set on your altar will greatly empower your magick, I don’t believe the root should be damaged and put in oils, it works better if left intact.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. I was under the impression that Google Books was not considered a pirated source because of the limited preview availability under fair use laws which was supported by a federal circuit in a 2015 ruling against the Authors Guild. Unfortunately, I can’t find credible information to the contrary, but if you wanted to pm me a source for that, I’d be interested to learn more. In the meantime, I’ll refrain from using links to Google Books.

2 Likes

I am heading for the sack, but I will look up the website I purchased my plant from tomorrow morning and pm you with address. :slight_smile:

They have interesting leaves and do flower, but we will see how green my thumb is haha, my first time growing one and I have so many plants its ridiculous lol, goodnight

1 Like

It wont let me send you the link. I’ll send the web address. Strictly Medicinal Seeds is the website, or you can google herbal correspondence, there are plenty of them that list the herbs uses and properties etc

Check out ‘Wortcunning for Demonolatry’ by S. Connolly

2 Likes

@4648Cru thank you for everything you’ve shared but I don’t think Ill be using mandrake at this time. I will definitely remember it for future endeavors though.

@Happiechappie ill make sure to give this a read.

1 Like

That’s a good one.

Ruta graveolens
For increasing strength and energy. Element is fire.

1 Like

This seems like what I’m looking for except I planned on applying it topically, and from my research this can cause blisters or rashes on the skin. Has this been the case for you?