Recommended magicians on the forum

Can you guys let me know what are some magicians that are trustworthy here on the forum and that could help me with communication?

I’m not rich but I’m serious about it.

1 Like

Fairly certain it’s against forum policy unless you are attempting to book a consultation/ritual with one of the official representatives of Become A Living God.

3 Likes

Contact @C.Kendall. I believe he has a site linked in his profile. He teaches students and does ritual for hire, and others have said good things about him.

6 Likes

So I’m confused here. A lot of people practice magick on the forum. I asked a question. Is asking a question against the rules?

1 Like

No, @UnseelieDiabolus was referring to the rule prohibiting anyone from offering professional services directly on the forum.

Those that offer ritual for hire can link their site in their profile but not directly to the forum proper. That’s all.

It’s to prevent someone from coming into this thread and proclaiming that they are “the 45th Grand Poobah of Atlantis and if you deposit $1000 into their PayPal account they will make all your dreams come true.”

3 Likes

Wait, we can link our websites in our profile?!

2 Likes

Yes. The rule simply prohibits advertising on the forum directly.

2 Likes

Your best bet is to read the forum, take note of the post authors who draw you in consistently with their content (especially ones that post results from their own work), and check their profiles for links to websites, etc.

Or, if you find a post author you feel drawn to, PM them and ask if they offer services.

There are some truly kickass magicians on this board. Let your intuition draw you to the ones you feel the most affinity to.

You can also ask the moderators. They check every post, and generally have a feel for who on here is legit. Ask them for suggestions.

BALG doesn’t allow self-promotion, so you have to feel out who’s for real - which sadly is always an issue in occultism.

Finally, caveat emptor.

I get that quality work costs, but anyone who leads by asking you for money is giving you fair warning. Be wise on here.

Cheers

3 Likes

@Uncle-Al - i love his post.

1 Like

The issue is, we have a rule against people promoting themselves on here unless they’re officially affiliated with BALG. :slight_smile:

So for someone to reply may blur that line, and also, your question is very tempting to people to just PM you and start promoting themselves, and that does break a very serious rule.

The forum doesn’t exist for members to promote, review, and request other member’s magickal services, it’s for talking about magick, and any loosening of that would lead to us becoming a target for spammers and even scammers, and our whole community one big billboard, with all questions receiving commerical solicitations in reply, and not actual magickal advice . :thinking:

There are many problems with this forum having reviews in the public section, to name a few:

1. due to our rules on advertising, merchants may not join to reply if they feel they have been unfairly criticised, and due to sometimes unrealistic expectations by buyers, that is a strong likelihood if reviews are invited from all and sundry

2. this is a forum for BALG, a business, and hosting reviews of other businesses in the same area is just a tangle of potential misunderstandings about why they would allow this (especially highly critical reviews), or, conversely, whether they are behind praise given, to the extent of accrediting it (seems unlikely but trust me, people’s comprehension isn’t always where we might hope it would be)

3. there are already established sites that allow reviews of magickal goods and services, and that means people are able to share their opinions on neutral territory

4. it opens a temptation to merchants to set up shill accounts and fake satisfaction with their own services, increasing moderation workload and risking throwing the forum into disputes over what is or is not advertising.

So for that reason, requesting or discussing the work of any magicians except those affiliated directly with BALG opens a bit of a minefield! :smiley:

I’ve offered my services on these boards, but I’ve asked that members pm me their bank account and plastic card details so that I can make withdrawals as and when that need arises, as it will when I provide my services. If you want a certificate that proves you’re a High Priest or Low Priestess (my favourites) for a tidy sum I’ll supply you with one and I’ll sign it! Just think of it, your own certificate and signed by me. If, for example, you want to be The Chief Priest(ess) of the Ancient Order of The Left-Hand Path Magi for an undisclosed fee you can be. And remember – after I transfer additional funds I’ll sign your certificate!

All of the above offers still stand.

Al.

On a number of occasions on these boards I’ve strongly advised members not to read my stuff. Obviously and against my advice you still do! Well, if it all ends in tears before bedtime don’t come crying to me. And do yourself a big favour - stop reading my screeds! I want you to promise that to me.

Al.

1 Like

Well, I asked for recommendations, so how would people promote themselves? I meant something like: “do you know people that you recommend here on this forum?”

I have very little free time so I can’t really spend so much time on balg. I agree with the other things you said though. Nice post!

Sometimes to get what we truly want, we must be willing to do whatever it takes.

Your info is right up my alley.

I will happily sign a waiver @Uncle-Al :dragon:

They can’t because that’s not the purpose of the forum, it is not intended as a billboard or marketplace, period. :+1:

I’m going to close this, with a quick re-post of the rules: