Recommended books?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sadly, The Spider And The Green Butterfly isn’t available, at least not from Amazon.co.uk. I was hoping to get it in Kindle format but I will keep my eyes peeled for a hard copy.

bookfinder.com…you can input anything over the world…

shows one used copy from Amazon listed at $263.99

another one here at $199.99 at
[url=http://www.ebay.com/sch/sanctus-traum/m.html?item=400325978929&pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item5d3549ab31&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562]| eBay

[quote=“Maxx, post:32, topic:450”]bookfinder.com…you can input anything over the world…

shows one used copy from Amazon listed at $263.99

another one here at $199.99 at
[url=http://www.ebay.com/sch/sanctus-traum/m.html?item=400325978929&pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item5d3549ab31&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562]| eBay

A number of solid books can only be found on the used book circuit. Don’t be afraid to check half.com (ebay) and amazon.com (in the used links of an item page) - you can find excellent deals as well as out of print books.

I haven’t tried bookfinder, but it sounds like a great resource.

Thanks guys.

It’s been awhile since anyone posted suggestions in this thread, but it’s a good resource, and worth updating.

So… any good suggestions on beginner to intermediate books? Anything you think an aspiring magician should definitely have in their humble collection? If possible, can you give a description or review for why a book is worthwhile?

Thanks!

Apophis, which is what I’m currently putting into practice, piece by piece…
oh yeah, chaos sorcery as well, if no one has recommended it…

Magical Knowledge 1 - The Foundation
Magical Knowledge 2 - The Initiate
Magical Knowledge 3 - Contact of the Adepts

All by Josephine McCarthy - she seems to know her stuff on inner vision, ancestor and land magic. Also done a book on exorcism.

The Ancient Secret Of The Flower Of Life Vol 1 & 2 - Drunvalo Melchizedek

I second Chaos Sorcery (Icarus) by Nick Hall…simple to employ methods.

if you are into the African-derived systems of Palo Mayombe & Kimbanda…ANYTHING by Dr. Nicholaj de Mattos Frisvold. …Scarlet Imprint.

Liber Lilith by Donald Tyson, Blood Sorcery Bible and 26 Daemons by Sorceress Cagliastro. Very good books.

I must concur with Azesiel regarding Cagliastro’s work…I have copies of the BSB vol. #1, 26 Daemons & both the workbooks (which I highly recommend)…shit I almost forgot I had those!!!

What is really going to be cool is to evoke some of the entities in the 26 Daemons using techniques form the Evo class.

M

You read my mind!

Well of course I read your mind!!! I do have the Divination Course dude!!

Qabala, Qliphoth and Goetic Magic by Thomas Karlsson. I’m reading it now and am over half way done and it is excellent in my humble opinion. It’s one of those books I kick myself for not having read earlier.

TWF,

This has been on my Wish List for at least the last year. Does this tome just take you through the Tree of Death, or does this explain Qabala in it’s entirety?

Also, what is your opinion on his rituals…are they powerful? I guess what I’m asking as most of us know, is…is this Text a healthy balance of knowledge and application methods?

I know for the last several years for myself stumbling around investing in books…most of them were more “theory” than tested theory & application…waste of my money man.

I’m interested in what you thoughts are TWF

Mode, let me finish the book and I’ll give you a good rundown, I don’t want to speak about the book until I’ve finished it to prevent me from putting my foot in my mouth. So far what I’ve read of it is mostly academic and IMO very thorough but definitely gives plenty of room for you to explore your own thoughts on the Qliphoth and the darker aspects of the tree of life.

I also wanted to second Azesiel’s recommendation of Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic by Cat Yronwode. A good book to get your magick ingriedient knowledge off to a good start. Not really a recipe or spell book, it just tells what different herbs/roots/curios were used for.

Bump for new people.

Everything by Robin Artisson is very valueble.

It’s recommended in many other places, but

Konstantinos’ - Summoning Spirits

is very much the same as Evoking Eternity as far as the basic system goes. His beliefs expressed about the spirits might not be in alignment with what most people around here talk about, but the magical system is close enough to EA’s.

It has the added advantage of being a mass-market paperback, so you can pick up a used copy for cheap. It is useful even for someone who has Evoking Eternity, because it details a number of basic attunement exercises to help one become ready for evocation.

When this thread was started, the Complete Works weren’t available for purchase as pdfs, but now it is:

[url=http://www.becomealivinggod.com/completeworks/]http://www.becomealivinggod.com/completeworks/[/url]

I know it’s right up there in the links section, but I think it gets overlooked.