Recommendations? Looking for a reputable initiated practitioner who makes custom Pomba Gira statues

Do any of you know of someone who is initiated in the Quimbanda who also creates statues and imbues the essence of the Pomba Gira spirit in it? Someone reputable?

I found this but I’ve never heard of them and I’ve no idea if they are reputable. Custom Quimbanda Statue | Wolf & Goat • Materia Magica, Occult Art, and Esoterica

This is what the Pomba Gira showed me, but this is a plaque, not a free-standing statue. So I’m on the hunt. :slight_smile: The Pomba Gira Devil Girl Statue12.5x5santeria - Etsy UK

1 Like

Wolf and Goat aren’t reputable. I ordered a reading from them for around $120 before I met my padrino and they never so much as got back to me. I messaged Jesse on facebook, emailed him, and tried to reach him through the Wolf and Goat email and never heard back. My godfather also told me that Jesse isn’t the most morally reputable Tata but I won’t share what he said on the forum.

Nicholaj Frisvold, among others, is the real deal and he’s offering some statues on his website.

2 Likes

Thank you and I’ve now enquired with him because he doesn’t have the exact statue I’m after. But if you know of any others, please do let me know. :slight_smile:

By the way, the Pomba Gira in question has red skin, is naked, and has two horns on her head. Do you know her name?

In the book “Exu” by Denise Alvarado there are these vendors. Maybe one of them will help you
Planet Voodoo
The Mystic Voodoo
New Orleans Mistic
13 Moons

2 Likes

I know Marie Laveau’s House of Voodoo carries some Exu statues and a few Pomba Giras. Not sure what all they have. Botanica Macumba is another option.

There are a handful of Pomba Giras with red skin and horns. It could be Exu Pomba Gira but I’m not too sure.

2 Likes

That’s a difficult one. True Quimbanda is rare nowadays even in Brazil. Most do Macumba and say it’s Quimbanda or try to tell you it’s the same thing. But without knowing who your personal Exu and Pomba Gira are or knowing how to work a Quimbanda altar or awaken the ensouled fetishes, why would you need them so badly? What makes you feel that Quimbanda is something you are called to? Do you have a solid understanding of what it is and what you are asking for?

1 Like

Welcome @FourCornersCoyote It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in maigck, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

Let’s just say I’m going to cut a long story short here. One of the Pomba Giras demanded a working relationship with me. I agreed. The Ghede did the same on another occasion. One of my closest ancestors said, “To tell the truth, they were interested in you.”

Do not ask me why. The spirits’ demands are sometimes a mystery to me.

And yes, I do have certain goals in mind. No, I know very little about them at this point, including their names. The Pomba Gira did teach me how to set a basic altar for them, but more recently, the one working with me has demanded a statue, and showed me basically what it looks like.

1 Like

Unfortunately, there are many problems with this forum having reviews & recommendations of magickal service providers (outside BALG) in the public section, to name a few:

1. due to our rules on advertising, merchants may not join to reply if they feel they have been unfairly criticised, and due to sometimes unrealistic expectations by buyers, that is a strong likelihood if reviews are invited from all and sundry

2. this is a forum for BALG, a business, and hosting reviews of other businesses in the same area is just a tangle of potential misunderstandings about why they would allow this (especially highly critical reviews), or, conversely, whether they are behind praise given, to the extent of accrediting it (seems unlikely but trust me, people’s comprehension isn’t always where we might hope it would be)

3. there are already established sites that allow reviews of magickal goods and services, and that means people are able to share their opinions on neutral territory

4. it opens a temptation to merchants, especially the less honest, to set up shill accounts and fake satisfaction with their own services, increasing moderation workload and risking throwing the forum into disputes over what is or is not advertising.

For that reason, I’ve closed & Unlisted this topic, and suggest running searches on the internet and seeking reviews on sites and forums that permit this. :+1: