Qlippothic Zodiac Guardians vs Tunnels of Set

I recommend you to read The Book of Sitra Achra by NAA 218, Chapters “The 22 Silencing Letters of the Other Side” and “The 12 Princes of the Qliphothic Zodiac” .

1 Like

[quote=“MagusOfPlague, post:4, topic:75270”]
Astrologically, we could say that Thantifaxath creatures are of Saturn (The Universe card, letter Tau). From that experience, I learned that one not treat this creatures as they were gods or big demons. I treat the denizens as I treat any lesser demon, whether they are little cats, grim reaper-like overseers or giant slugs with tiny legs [/quote]

Thantifaxath is a very powerful death demon.

“The magical powers of the Daemon of this letter (TAV) are the opening up of the liminal points and gates such as the crossroads leading to the Other Side, the elevation of the souls and Spirit of the living and the dead, the destruction of both physical and spiritual enemies…”

1 Like

I’ve never contacted the demon Thantifaxath himself, only the denizens of the tunnels, such as the ghouls, larvae and their overseers, and yes, they are indeed very destructive. However, creatures such as the larvae can be used to attract massive ammounts of good luck if you have their favor, if you don’t mind them eating you for a while. I have a preference for working with lesser demons, since I don’t want to bother the great ones with casual human matters. Most of the time when I call the guardians of the tunnels, I ask them for the assitance of their denizens.

Edit: In the specific cases of the tunnels of Thantifaxath and Gargophias, I met the denizens before even knowing about qabalah, and I worked with them so much that they stayed with me, so I contact them without doing ritualistic evocations or asking the greater demons for their help (I think I have that permission already). As the qabalah is a system for organizing things, there are plenty of practitioners that work with the denizens without knowing that they are demons or that they may be considered as such.

Oh yeah, that’s one of those books that come in beautiful, deluxe limited edition. Every time I see one of those, I am motivated to save up and actually invest in one of the pricier options. The book itself can serve as a talisman or portal - which is true for any book regardless of price, but I feel like investing the money may serve as a kind of offering that empowers the work right from the start. My ideal is $10,000-$20,000 invested into, let’s say, 33 books. That may well end up being one of them.

It sounds like Magus’ personal aforementioned gnosis is that the highest demons of each sphere/tunnel could be more or less “equal” (if that is even a quantifiable thing), but the lower beings of Zamradiel may have an exceptionally powerful effect (possibly due to their proximity to Daath, Choronzon, etc. in my personal opinion).

The unseen world (and the ‘seen’ world, for that matter) is impossible to completely compartmentalize and define, but I believe this to be especially true for these qlippothic entities. Most of them seem to take on a ‘metagod’ nature (many smaller being fusing into one). Also the nature of deceit, chaos, deterioration, etc. present in varying amounts in each region adds to this ambiguity. Another factor is the personification of the locations themselves, hence my original question; I was alluding to the notion of the tunnels themselves as separate entities, since it occurs to me that all homes - including physical, earthly ones - have spirits. Most especially in the qlippothic realms, the “hills have eyes”.

The book is just a ritual framework for practical work

That’s why I always say that the qabalah is a system for organizing things. As EA said very accurately in one video, the hierarchies of Kings, Dukes, etc, are not of them, but for us to organize the way of working with them. When I talk about the “denizens” of the tunnels, what it really means is that the qabalah stablishes a category in which all those entities have something in common and puts a “label” to address them more easily. You can find those demons in different systems, in which they are regarded in different ways. The qabalah just gives you everything in a well organized catalog.

What I mean by greater and lesser demons, is that, for example, Lilith is way more powerful than the regular succubus and can command them. It is the same idea of the “legions” structure that you can find in Goetic grimoires. I like to work with the legionaries, since my regular matters don’t require to call the demons with Medieval titles.

When I would first work with some of these beings, I would feel a bit drained the next day. Nothing permanent or serious, just peculiar and sometimes comical issues that I had never experienced any other time. For instance, the day after working with Beiriron for the first time, I had serious frozen shoulder for a week (never any shoulder issues before or since). After the issue would resolve, I would notice the area being better than ever - my arms actually felt stronger after that incident than they ever had before it.

Now I seem to reap the benefits of working with them, without the random physical issues, ever since binding (part?) of my shadow body to a stone (much more complicated than just that, but not going into that here). Whenever I do darker work that could have blow back or predatory beings involved, I feed the energy of my shadow into that stone and direct the related entities there so that I can commune with them in a deep, specific way regarding my intent, without them getting as involved in my astral or physical body.

It seems to keep them fed and with a directed focus, while also gathering and dispersing their energy efficiently (so I can build my relationship and summon them more easily over time while not having too much accumulating energy in my area).

1 Like

That sounds like a great working method. However, I like to have the demons with me as much as I can and as close to me as I can, but I understand that other practitioners have other approaches.as their experiences have been different. There are benefits and handicaps in every system. I don’t know if you have read “The Nightside of Eden” by Kenneth Grant. In that book there is some more information than in other sources about stuff of the tunnels that one may want to protect oneself from, or perhaps one would want to weaponize that stuff, or both options.The author has a more neutral approach. However, if you don’t know about Thelema, it may confuse you a little sometimes.

Your mention of Kenneth Grant’s book just reminded me of an article I read a couple years ago and had totally forgotten about, but just looked it up and found it! I will research and meditate on a few of the rituals elements and personalize it to work with in these next few dark moon days. Since it focuses on Hekate and Daath - two elements I have a good amount of experience with now - I feel comfortable tweaking it to my needs for accessing the tunnel of Gargophias.

1 Like

I actually access the tunnels by chanting the name of the demon that rules the specific tunnel with my ukelele in they key that Kenneth Grant indicates in his book. The ones where I already made friends are always open, but I like to do the ritual anyway because it’s fun.
The person from the blog uses a lot of stuff from my holy prophet Aleister Crowey, that as always are really cool, but I’ve never used them since I favor Kenneth’s method.

Different Current/Traditions have different views, of course. Temple of the Black Light / Current 218 has a gnostic perspective which means that the demiurgic god creator and father of the universe is authoritarian tyrant who enslaved people.

Thelema (Crowey, Grant) and Anti-Cosmic Tradition of Luciferianism/Satanism are not related they are incompatible systems. We banish all vampyric Archons and any Sephirothic forces of the Tree of Life during our rituals.

When Satanism was my main path, the demons themselves showed me Thelema, as they found that it was a better path of self development for me, and they were right. I kept my methods and improved them with the qabalistic thelemic knowledge. Crowley himself did almost whatever he wanted during most of his life (in a very illuministic scientific way). If mixing Satanism and Thelema is something that goes according to a person’s Will, one cannot stop him/her from doing it, despite one’s ego thinking it’s wrong, specially if that person succeeds doing it, because success will be his/her proof.

Your profile picture, some of the terms you used and the themes in the previous blog link I mentioned remind me of the questions I’ve had in mind regarding Hekate’s possible role in this kind of working (not expecting any answers necessarily, just thinking out loud).

In some gnostic writings (Christian gnostic, which obviously is different than current 218, but uses some of the same terminology) Hekate is considered an archon. The other epithet that links her to the gnostic view is Soteira (savior), which I have seen equated to the Holy Spirit, Shakti, fiery feminine earth energy, etc. I’m not totally familiar with Mark Alan Smith’s work, but I know he has a kind of Soteira focus on Hekate as well as an emphasis on her role related to qlippothic navigation.

The aforementioned article includes this thought before starting the ritual:
“Hecate is associated by Kenneth Grant with the path of Gargophias and can, similarly, be seen as a Nightside guardian of the Abyss doorway between the two trees. (As mentioned earlier, I recognize the inadequacy of the Qlippothic Hecate to the historical pagan goddess and would, from the view of this work, insist on their difference even if Kenneth Grant wouldn’t.”

I personally take the Neoplatonic view of her energy being big enough to hold these different aspects of connection, guidance, guardian through transitions, etc. Even in the “historical, pagan” pre-Gnostic world the author is referencing her scope is pretty wide.

I see no similarity between Mark Alan Smith (Primal Craft) and Current 218.

If you’re look content within the old TOTBL website (offline) Dark Goddess Hekate occupy a significant place within the anti-cosmic tradition.

The different traditions never be mixed together within the same ritual setting. It can be very chaotic and destructive, That’s my opinion.

Waking up after the third night of the Gargophias ritual. Every night there was a slight variation of the ritual (especially the hymns as some of beings I’ve worked with so much that I feel comfortable ad libbing as the mood moves me toward a devotional, poetic state). The ritual I created more or less goes like this:

Facing East (the direction of my main altar)

I raise Hekate’s energy from the earth up and Lucifer’s from the sky down (an energy exercise I’ve tweaked over the course of several years).

Somehow, I’ve also evolved into the habit of evoking the ‘four corners’ counterclockwise starting from Northeast and ending with Southeast - it involves breathwork of rotating the elements through my body while visualizing drawing stars in the corner and connecting them from Earth, Water, Air, Fire… starting underneath my body and by the time I get to fire allowing it to explode out the top of my head, swirling around counterclockwise. I do this basic exercise almost daily for years but swap out what is standing at the four corners depending on the ritual. In this ritual, the rivers of Acheron, Styx, Cocytus and Phlegethon were at the corners.

I then call the four ‘sides’ or cardinal directions. Starting with the direction I face and going clockwise, a similar reverses exercise where I rotate the stars and circle from East-South-West-North… and from the top of my down until it finishes at Earth/North and swirls clockwise back up around me. For this ritual, I called Lilith the elder- Lilith the younger- Aggereth- Naamah… (again a variation of a daily exercise I’ve done for years… I could do these first steps in less than a minute while driving to work easily at this point, but for ritual, all of this is stretched into about ten minutes so far to give time to note each beings energy)

Then in front of my altar, I call Cerberus - and the part of my shadow that I fused with a half conscious astral shadow being I met years ago - toward a crystal.

Behind that, at the center of my altar, I call Typhon and Daath and light a candle.

Behind that, at the back of my altar, I call Gargophias using incense and a tarot card.

I closed out by politely dismissing any entities that were attracted to, but not directly related to the working and tell them to feel free assisting me in anything related to the work as it pertains to them, if they would like to be fed and acknowledged in the future.

I do this all for only an hour and then go to bed an hour before my bedtime, so I can meditate physically and astrally and transition to (this is usually how I do things just to be efficient with my daily life schedule)

Results
1st night - during ritual getting specific answers about how to handle current issues, starting to feel strange flickers in different parts of my body. After ritual, lying in bed with the flickers growing stronger and a dream of a strange woman in the distance.

Second night - atmosphere during and after the ritual felt similar to Hekate based rituals of the past. Dream involving the strange woman from the previous night coming into my altar space and speaking with me. (Followed by a kind of disturbing succubus dream that I will not detail here, but started to jump from dream to astral at this point)

Third night - from the middle of the ritual (last night) until now (this morning), I have felt pulsing waves from my feet up toward my head. When I lay down, I can sense them in the room come toward me before they get to my body and also after they pass my head, connecting me with the environment. The look like when you see very small ripple waves coming toward shore from the ocean - not just straight, but occasionally at a slight diagonal from bottom to top. I hear a voice telling me to focus in the center of my stomach/womb and can feel them pulsing around my uterus area. I am getting downloads regarding how to receive and attract magically in a feminine, effortless way. Last night, the only dream I can remember was being lightly caressed by threads of shimmering spider silk (and in the past I’ve been pretty afraid of spiders, but the dream was as relaxing as this wave experience)

Feel free to DM me with any questions or insights you may have. My general conclusion is that I am surprised to feel such pleasant, continuous sensations. The most spa-like qlippothic experience I’ve ever had by far!

VK gives a good synopsis of Gargophias here:

1 Like

I understand the point, but on this particular example

Isn’t the Typhonian OTO ‘Satanic’? Though they do identify as ‘cosmic’…

but Crowley did mention Lucifer and Satan in a Thelemic context, like with Aiwass, and the other Thelemic-Egyptian entities.

I highly respect Mr. Kenneth Grant but Thelemic magical Orders are different in many ways from Anti-Cosmic Tradition of Luciferianism/Satanism. Satanists never do rituals or work with YHWH and his Sephirothic Archons.

2 Likes