Profane Seals Grimoire

Profane Seals: A Compendium of Vile Sigil Magicks

[url=http://theblackcourt.com/relics/grimoires.html]TheBlackCourt.com is for sale | HugeDomains

I was wondering if anyone has seen or knows anything about this one. There’s no real info on the contents, but I got a weird hunch the moment I saw it that it would be useful for me and could fit in with what I’m doing. It came up on the “other” forums, but of course they all talked around it without saying anything about what was in it. But I’d be very interested in what kind of content is in there and any impressions anyone would like to share.
Naturally, I’ll be doing spiritual reconnaissance, but I like to hear from people too.

Hy" i heard tey are good is f’. And take like 2 months to send ya stuff.a litle hassle? Oerwise great stuff.

The description says it all. Its a book about sigil magic. Nothing more. It lists sigils of spirits for virtually every human need or desire and contains a few methods to open those sigl.

If you’ve read it Baphomet, can I ask: I saw a bullet point about “Anatomy of a sigil” on the web page for the grimoire - what does that mean? I’m curious because I know the methods of creating sigils with rose cross & kameas, and wondered if it was anything like those - I wondered where sigils like the elaborate one below are derived from, whether there’s a root to the symbolism in the same way a sigil drawn on a kamea would be interpretable, or whether they “just are” and are derived from scrying?

Apologies if this question’s really dumb btw.

With these sigils, it’s hard to say where they came from. None of the answers can necessarily be proven false or true, since none of lived when these things were created. However, what we do know is that entities will accept various signs to get in contact with them, and a rose cross or kamea can definitely bring you in contact with an entity who’s sigils escapes you.

Belial could definitely be a sigil derived fro the Osman Spare “Letter Reduction” method. That whole idea is to take the letters, reduced them in some manner, and then created a pictorial sign that, while created from the letters, does not really look like it was derived from letters.

I look at the Sigil and can clearly see examples of the letter’s “I”, “E”, and “L” and subtler examples of “B” and “A”. I am not saying this is how that sigil was derived, I have serious doubts it was, but it just goes to show that the answer to that question has any plausible possibilities.

I know what you mean, I did wonder if that book has anything else to bring to it - probably a bit outside my price range for one bit of info so I was hoping someone who’d read it can tell me more, in case there’s another theory behind sigil making I haven’t heard yet.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:4, topic:2879”]If you’ve read it Baphomet, can I ask: I saw a bullet point about “Anatomy of a sigil” on the web page for the grimoire - what does that mean? I’m curious because I know the methods of creating sigils with rose cross & kameas, and wondered if it was anything like those - I wondered where sigils like the elaborate one below are derived from, whether there’s a root to the symbolism in the same way a sigil drawn on a kamea would be interpretable, or whether they “just are” and are derived from scrying?

Apologies if this question’s really dumb btw.

[/quote]

I have not read the book but I am a member of the Cabal/Black Court. Anatomy of a sigil basically means the chapter will discuss how a sigil can be created, it will go over how each line, dot, circle, star or any other symbol within the sigil has significance, etc.

Thanks, and apologies if I took this a bit off topic Sultitan_Itan. If someone has read it and can PM me anything they can share that’d be great, just trying to fill the gaps in my knowledge. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Eva its 2 orders of the black court. One in london central south area.and one around as far i knw.must be a member to be in.

seems like a site worth looking into the provane book was a self made sigil of a bunch of sigils put into one, so before buying the book try to get reviews on it first. the self made sigil is usualy for the creator alone.

Profane

Well, if you’re talking about using sigils to “open planar gateways” and cause death, you’re covering territory far beyond the pale of Spare-legacy chaos magic. I’ve never heard of using chaos-style sigil work to attack someone, because using your own energy makes it too easily reversible, whereas with an angel or demon you can pull energy from somewhere else and transfer it to them directly or often they’ll supply their own energy. So it would be very interesting to hear if someone’s got a different way of doing it.

Obviously, if this book is just reprinting goetic and planetary seals from the public domain, then it’s not really all that new or useful. But the description suggests that it goes much further than that. So what I’m trying to get a read on is how unique the seals and methods presented are.

[quote=“Sultitan_Itan, post:12, topic:2879”]Well, if you’re talking about using sigils to “open planar gateways” and cause death, you’re covering territory far beyond the pale of Spare-legacy chaos magic. I’ve never heard of using chaos-style sigil work to attack someone, because using your own energy makes it too easily reversible, whereas with an angel or demon you can pull energy from somewhere else and transfer it to them directly or often they’ll supply their own energy. So it would be very interesting to hear if someone’s got a different way of doing it.

Obviously, if this book is just reprinting goetic and planetary seals from the public domain, then it’s not really all that new or useful. But the description suggests that it goes much further than that. So what I’m trying to get a read on is how unique the seals and methods presented are.[/quote]

You probably won’t get much information without buying it due to the Chains of the Abyss, unless a non Cabal member buys the grimoire and decides to forego the Chains.

I ordered mine last week, but as a member of the Cabal as well, I won’t share much other than wether how much use it has universally. But from the other Cabal grimoires I can say they cut short on the fluff and jump right into non-stop rituals, page after page, crammed with good information. The others were fairly short, but full of workings to keep you busy for quite some time. I enjoy them quite a bit and am working my ass off with them.

The other grimoires can be put to greater use by Cabal members due to a closer relationship with the entities worked with within them, but they are still universal in practice and accessible to non members as well. I would assume this one will be the same, as it too is available for purchase for the general public.

From the description I read on the website, it’s going to contain a shit ton of sigils for the entities worked with by the Cabal; and how to use them for sigil magick, evocation and invocation. And probably a ton of rituals in between. If you look on the site under tower patrons, there are descriptions of a lot the the entities the Cabal works with. As I’m alluding to, read through the site and a lot of questions can be answered just by doing that. There is a ton of information about the Cabal on the website.

[quote=“andreeje, post:14, topic:2879”]I ordered mine last week, but as a member of the Cabal as well, I won’t share much other than wether how much use it has universally. But from the other Cabal grimoires I can say they cut short on the fluff and jump right into non-stop rituals, page after page, crammed with good information. The others were fairly short, but full of workings to keep you busy for quite some time. I enjoy them quite a bit and am working my ass off with them.

The other grimoires can be put to greater use by Cabal members due to a closer relationship with the entities worked with within them, but they are still universal in practice and accessible to non members as well. I would assume this one will be the same, as it too is available for purchase for the general public.[/quote]

I agree. May I ask which Tower you belong to?

I purchased a copy of the black Scriptures not so long back and I must admit it’s a very interesting read and I an currently contemplating purchasing charnal whispers I have yet to try contacting any of the entities in the book but I’m sure I will get round to it

Speaking of the Cabal, has anyone bought any of their relics? They are much cheaper than necro’s.

Anyone?

No disrespect meant to the Cabal, noting that what differentiates BALG from the rest is enabling all to do their own heavy lifting. BALG stated goals include eliminating the occult and replacing it with a new Aeon of open source information accessible to anyone. Comments?