Overwhelmed

Hi im Ezperanza, I am a beginner in every sense I want to get deeper in knowledge and practice but there seems to be so much I get overwhelmed and dont know where a good starting point would be. Any advice or recommendations?

1 Like

Hi there, Hope.

Do you have any experience in magic? How old are you? Where are you from?

Please expand your introduction so people will have a clear idea about you and how to help you.

As for starting point, maybe try meditation? Calming down the constant storm in your mind (any mind, yes) is necessary, so you can take distance from your own thoughts and start to develop your senses, if you haven’t done it yet.

Im almost 24 i live in Mississippi. I have tried some sigil work a few years ago but wasnt entirely sure what i was doing. I have watched seminars online a read a bit but some of it was a little past my understanding. What i want to get out of this is a life change for the better, to be better equipped to cause change in my life.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Ezperanza

What is a goal or a struggle you have that you think magick might be able to help you with? That will give you a good starting point and help us point you to the proper resources.

My main goal right now is self reliance, being able to not have to rely on others in a financial sense but also in more personal sense.

1 Like

My advice is to find a specific goal, one that is not so vague and general as “self reliance,” as that kind of wishy-washy phrasing does not bring very good results in magick.

Is there a specific sum of money you would like to manifest? Or a particular job you want? Or a particular material possession you desire?

When first learning, it is always best to start small. Real magick is not like the movies; a money spell is not going to lay a pile of gold at your feet, for example. Magick works through coincidence, and the aligning of circumstance.

3 Likes

To add to what the Knight said, in my (very limites) success and experience, one thing I’ve noticed is that magic just feels normal. As if something is happening because it is the only logical thing that could happen.

So planning in the most straight-forward, non-abstract way will be a very good way to start the road to whatever you want to do with your life.

So for example my goal can be i will have this specific job, what would i do to ensure that?

Nothing is assured. Even with magick, there is no guarantee you will get what you want. Magick does fail at times. However, what magick does do is it gives you a tool to stack the odds in your favour, and sometimes it can make the miraculous happen.

So, you said you have experimented with sigils, right? Was it the Spare style type, where you take a statement of intent, turn it into a weird looking symbol, and then fire it off into the depths of your subconscious?

Yes it was something simple a few years back ive considered trying it again.

1 Like

The key to making sigils work is the altered state of consciousness. It has to be fired in a state of vacuity, when the mind is quiet.

As @ReyCuervo mentioned, do you meditate?

I have tried to meditate and have to get into it there is currently no privacy in my home which tends to make things a little difficult. But im sure i could find somewhere that works.

1 Like

Try this to begin:

The key to meditation is focus. You don’t need complete silence, but some time alone is helpful at the start. You can even do it in the bathroom if you have to; there are some magicians on this forum who have evoked spirits in their bathroom because it was the only place they could be alone so don’t worry.

1 Like

You can try 15 minutes before bed. Just retire to your room and sit down in your bed and practice. Then go to sleep. Don’t do it lying down or you’ll just fall asleep.

2 Likes