On holding a funeral

Tw// abortion

I have had this question since a few days, and thought that this is the best place for advice on it. Categorising it in New Magician’s Help because I think this does not count as death magick.

A little context first: My family took our natal charts to an astrologist, where both me and my sister came to know for the first time that there was a brother too, who was aborted. I wasn’t born at that time, but my sis was there. The astrologist said that his soul has bound itself to my sister in a way, and it’s making her have blockages (along with sudden bouts of anger and sadness, which she opened up about the day the astrologer read our charts), since he really wanted to be born. She also said that she felt someone was missing out among us.

They didn’t mourn him, so when I came to know about this I thought that we can hold a funeral for him now, so that his soul departs im peace and in respect.

The regular Hindu funeral requires a Pandit (a priest), but with the situation right now we can’t do that. My parents still don’t acknowledge him, but my sister and I want to do something for him.

The question: There are steps I am getting intuitively, but I don’t know if I should proceed with it like that. Do I need to be initiated in anyway to do it, or is it best to follow my intuition? Again, I would like to mention we are not in a situation we can get someone from outside to do it for us, any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

If you are getting intuitive steps to take, then, in my opinion, no, you do not need to be initiated. You can, essentially, be the priest for the rite. It might not be “proper” as far as the religion is concerned, but religion is man made, and the gods do as they will. My advice would be to contact them, and ask, if you’re not sure.

4 Likes

Trust your intuition. You don’t really need initation.

Also if you’re looking for a deity to guide him, I recommend Yama. The God of the dead.

1 Like

Thank you so much @DarkestKnight and @Twilight_Dragon , I really appreciate it. I’ll proceed to study and prepare for it now. Thank you again💜

3 Likes

Do I just ask/pray to him or are there any matras?

1 Like

Try a peitition spell. One were he’ll serve as a psychopomp to your brother.

2 Likes

Ohkay, thank you so much💜

1 Like

As someone who works as a psychopomp, you dont necessarily need to be initiated but knowing what you are doing will help. Best advice is to get a psychopomp to take him for you, like Twilight mentioned.

Though I have held no funerals, I think the basic purposes (for the dead) are to ease it into understanding and accepting its death. Its going to be hard to hover around the body and convince yourself youre just dreaming when its 6ft under.

Emphasis on the easing into the acceptance. I think gathering people to say a final goodbye, and focusing on the positive helps outweight the often times very negative feelings associated with ones own death. Even if the thoughts cant breach into its mind it should have a visceral enough effect on them to cool them off (in most cases).

The last thing you want to have happen (which seems to be your situation), is an angry upset dead hanging around. Especially one which may not even fully understand the situation it is in. I think extra precaution should be taken by you to create a positive atmosphere. I dont necessarily mean happy, but dont let negativity take over.

But, your intuition should guide you best! Just make sure you have someone to take them across the veil if you cannot do so yourself.

3 Likes

I’m currently doing it with only my sister, since convincing my parents is gonna be extremely taxing and I’m just not up for it, and I also believe it’s just gonna upset him more. This happened in 1997, so it’s gonna be a tad bit difficult since it’s been quite a long time, but I believe if we talk to him as a part of family he will understand since it was what he wished for.

I’m going to petition Yama to guide him.

Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it💜

2 Likes

This may seem silly, but dont be afraid to fall back on this technique and tell him “I love you, I accept you, I forgive you. It is time to let go and pass on from this world”. “White light” techniques have their place after all.

3 Likes

TMW you’ve been waiting for decades to incarnate into this world, and finally got pretty close, but then get aborted, and then someone tells you this.

2 Likes

Ime deads are not human and should not be thought of as such. More like echoes. The spirit has probably long since passed on, what would be occuring is the settling of energy that got trapped here, to either be put to rest or reincorporated into that full spirit.

1 Like

I will, thank you again for the help, I really appreciate it💜

1 Like

Sad to hear this😥

Welcome @Kaamuk679 It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

1 Like