Newbie questions concerning evocations - how to know if a demon is present?

Hi, I‘m new to dark magic and I have never worked with demons before. However, I have been using the tarot and astrology ever since my youth. I‘m a lapsed Christian (well, my parents decided to baptize me…), like many of you here.

At the moment, I‘m at a lowpoint in my life. My husband has left me, moved out and got himself a new girlfriend. I still love him with all of my heart. He wants a divorce, I don‘t. I intuitively know, he will come back once this infatuation has blown over. But I‘m digressing. The crisis in my private life has brought me here.

And my first port of call was Duke Dantalion. I copied his sigil and enn. I offered him my soul in return for helping me to return my husband to me, to make him love me again. I had a copper vase filled with water, his tarot card and four candles on a makeshift altar.

During the ritual, I didn‘t feel Dantalion‘s presence. Afterwards I felt slightly elated for an hour or so. There was a sense of relief I hadn‘t experienced for a very long time. During the ritual I used a mirror for srcrying. But I didn‘t see anything.

So my question is, how do you know a demon is present and listening to you? Which signs did you notice? I know this is a newbie question. Any answer is welcome. Meanwhile I‘ll keep on researching…

4 Likes

With time and practice you can feel their presence. Some people have seen physical manifestations as well, this is a lot harder in my opinion because you have be in the deepest part of your mind.

Anyway… lemme answer the questions instead of rambling.

1. You’ll know they’re present and listening to you. It wont be a question in your mind. Once you let go of doubt you begin to trust your own wave.

2. For me, I asked a lot of questions… I jumped into the Goetia like I do every other type of magick / energy work and I noticed immediately the difference in how I carry myself. How I talk to other people. Everything has changed. I’m also starting to see things better than I used to because of work with Lucifer.

3. The mirror is a sub-conscious tool of power. It is not necessary. Some people will never see the demons / entities. Not everyone has the ability to see things in the physical plane and sees them in the dream world. Just give it time, your answers will come. The best advice I have to this is focus on what you asked for and watch it manifest into the real world.

Whats meant to be will be.

2 Likes

I get really hot…also tingling in hands/feet…the first time i invoked Belial…my entire body went crazy my ears were ringing, body hot, felt as if i was electrocuted. I think he raised my kundalini

2 Likes

Sometimes you won’t feel anything but they’ll show themselves in your third eye when you sleep, or give you a dream…or might even talk to you while you sleep…
Fyi

2 Likes

Thanks, this helps a lot. Being open to a demon‘s presence is something I have to work on. I think I‘m open, but it‘s a new experience to me. So patience and dedication is the best way to go.

2 Likes

Thanks, this is a great pointer. I‘ve been using third eye meditations for quite a while now. I also try to lucid dream. This might help.

3 Likes

Lucid dreaming helps A LOT. I’ve seen both King Paimon and Lucifer since beginning my path.

2 Likes

That‘s fascinating. So far, I‘ve been lucid for a couple of seconds only. But I‘m working on it with reality checks etc. There is a huge potential in dreaming, I think. I often wake up after a REM-phase, vividly remembering my dream. Becoming lucid and spawning a friendly demon would be a life-changing experience.

2 Likes

Hey, I summoned Dantalion recently for a first time. Actually he was the first entity summoned by me. I did not feel his presense as well. What I saw though, was a shadow on the wall which had a male with a crown form. I know that may sound funny but I saw it. Also, I became very calm during the ritual. I promised to him and I promise to you as well, to share any progress with my situation.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @zzzzzzz. Please take a moment to go to our New Magician section and introduce yourself. It is a rule here.

3 Likes

That sounds good. It‘s probably too much to expect clear signs when you’re first summoning a demon. I take the feeling of elation as a proof for Duke Dantalion‘s presence. The shadow on the wall is something else though. I‘ll try and connect with him through another ritual tomorrow. It takes dedication to get results, I believe. I‘ll sure keep you posted. Eager for your experiences.

2 Likes

I’ll keep you updated. Also, I think that it’s better not to think so much about the results. I know it’s hard but I’ll try to keep my mind busy with something else for the moment. To clarify - this shadow didnot pop out from nowhere but it was the shadow of the rose dedicated to Dantalion as a part of my offerings. I could clearly see the form though.
Also, I am planning another contact with him in few days. Just to make the bond stronger.
Good luck to you!

2 Likes

Good luck to you, too. It seems like a great first contact to me.

3 Likes