New member introduction

Greetings all! Ok, confession time 1st. I have been a lurker on this forum for more years than I care to own up to so I thought it was time to put my big girl panties on and actually say hello. I have Asperger’s (I don’t want to call it Autism because I think it’s very unfair to those that are on a different part of the spectrum and aren’t able to live a “normal” life). So a good part of why I was lurking for so long. But I love that my brain is wired differently and allows me to look at things from a view most would not have considered. I have always been surrounded by magick. I grew up with an entity that liked to hang out in my room the most so that was my “normal”. It wasn’t very nice and loved to throw things, hide things, bite and scratch. Almost everyone that came to my house was attacked at some point. It only threw things at me. I have always been able to communicate with and see human spirits. My interests in magick have lead me down many paths and practices but none have really felt right until I started the LHP. One would think my experiences with human spirits would have made it very easy to cross over to demons but that was not the case. But I love learning so I didn’t mind having to start from scratch. I had a brain tumor removed in 2012 and have constant screeching (tinnitus) in my left ear, so anything auditory is difficult but I still keep trying. When I find a solution to that, I can’t wait to share! I have already learned a lot from this forum and am looking forward to contributing and of course learning more! Now the fun part of figuring out how to post things…

6 Likes

Welcome sister. Feel at home.

Al.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @VioletNocturne, you’re amongst family here. I have a soft spot in my heart for people with Aspergers and Autism because I have a son with Autism.

I’m sure you’ll find a plethora of information here. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask any of the fine members here or use the search function. :bouquet::tulip::bouquet:

4 Likes

Welcome ! Fellow person on the spectrum, lovely to have you here :two_hearts:

3 Likes

You remind me of a mermaid. Welcome.

1 Like

Thank you fellow spectrum friend :two_hearts: Happy to know I’m not the only oddball here, although I view seeing things differently as a strength.

1 Like

Thank you! I hope your son is doing well with his special gifts :sunflower:

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome. As an avid scuba diver I’m quite happy to be compared to a mermaid.

Thank you! I have read a lot of your posts over the years and look forward to contributing back.

1 Like

Thank you. I am glad to finally be here!

Sister,

Do yourself a big favour and promise me you won’t read or place any credence whatsoever on any of my postings. I just thought that because you’re new you’d appreciate knowing that.

Al.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: New member from Africa

I enjoy reading everyone’s posts and am not one to judge or be easily offended (plus I DO like hearing other people’s opinions on things). I have worked in trauma center operating rooms for decades so I don’t know if anything could even shock me at this point.

Welcome to the forum Violet, enjoy your stay.

1 Like

Thank you Fenris!

Yeah; but a lot of my hateful and contemptuously polysyllabic stuff is obtuse, offensively insincere, irrational and reprehensibly convoluted, whilst citing randomly obscure sources. I fear those of tender Magical years fail to get my sick (often repulsive) humour and oblique references. Like Crowley - but for perhaps different reasons - I’ve strongly counseled Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. That said, how many have failed to even get hold of an inexpensive, secondhand paperback copy (although get Lewis Carroll’s poetry as well because it’s truly great)?

Al.

1 Like