New and need a few pointers, thanks

Hello, I’m Jamie and in my early 20’s. I’m trying to find my feet in the world as hard as it is lol. I Enjoy music, art and anything creative!
I’ve been feeling somewhat disconnected would I say and have this need to reconnect. I don’t know why or what has put me on this course but I’ve always been a strong believer in the spiritual world. I’ve the highest respect for the supernatural for it’s not to be played with in my eyes.
Upon my journey and a bit of reading Demonolatry has came to me as well with some other aspects. I’ve discovered a few authors and some handful of websites but am struggling to find good sources on material to read.
I’m want to know more about demon ‘gods’ if you put it (please correct me if there is a better term or preferred) to find who I connect with and meditate to build a bond. New to this and just looking some guidance folks, thank you!!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have any experience at all in magick, or are you a complete beginner?

1 Like

Complete beginner. Would like to learn more so I know know what I’m getting myself into

2 Likes

We have many great beginner resources so you have come to the right place :slight_smile:

So have a look around and avail yourself of the search function in the upper right. You’ll find plenty of information to answer any questions you may have.

1 Like

Thank you for welcoming me to the community, sorry didn’t see you saying welcome at the start because of my Web browser lol.
I’m happy I’ve stumbled onto this place!! Knowledge is power they say… If you’ve any links would be a great help but for now going to do some digging around

1 Like

What particular area of magick are you most interested in learning? Knowing that can help us direct you to appropriate resources.

1 Like

I’m not to sure how to answer this question… I don’t know the genre, name or type but I know there’s a book on demonolatry magic after having a search online. Sorry if I’m completely useless :sweat_smile: SX331_BO1%2C204%2C203%2C200

Demonolatry is a religious magical paradigm that worships demons.

By area, I was thinking of summoning, or astral projection or magick for getting laid, or bring money, the things people typically want to start with in magick lol

However, the prerequisites are the same regardless of the magical system one wants to practice. Meditation is the number one thing you should start practicing. Find a form that appeals to you, and start doing it twice a day, in the morning and evening.

If you are interested in demonalatry, I also recommend the work of S. Connolly. She has many good books on that subject.

2 Likes

I was going to say summons but wasn’t sure… I don’t like to make a fool of myself. I’ve a close friend who’s meditated a lot and says he’s learnt to astral project yet it’s taken a long time to achieve. Consistency is key with meditation.

I don’t wish money or fame I’m looking to build to a connection and hopefully learn. I’m trying to find a ‘god’ to worship with the same triats or small connections. I’m just here to find a bit more about myself:)

Thank you for the author and advice it’s been much appreciated!!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. How do you feel about dragons?

You thank me, even though I have not yet agreed to help? What if I told you to go fuck yourself hmmm? Then what? I’m just kidding, but on a serious note…
I say start at the top and work your way down. Begin with Lucifer and he will assign you your spirits.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Very nice to meet you.

One idea of Koetting’s that I really like is that if you feel called to summon a demon, you are actually “calling them back.” In other words, on a spiritual level they have already called out to you and what you experience as a spontaneous inclination to get into this is actually a message from the spirit world.

If you are just getting started I strongly recommend beginning a regular meditation practice. The stronger your attention is, the more readily you will be able to enter altered states, and the more you will be able to send a “clear signal” when you issue commands through ritual. Meditation is one of my areas of specialization, so if you’re curious about how to establish a practice and apply it to magick, please feel free to reach out to me on this site.

Spend time exposing yourself to the various ideas and schools of thought related to magick. The more of a conceptual vocabulary you have for the magick paradigm and other paradigms that are related to it, the more clearly you will be able to navigate your path forward and steer your aspirations.

2 Likes

We all play the fool sometimes, don’t feel bad for it. The community here is really great.

2 Likes

I whole heartedly agree!

1 Like

@rosecrowley thank you for the advice!! Meditation would definitely help me get back on track with myself too… My disassociation is quite bad and feel like it would be a benefit to myself also as well with getting in touch with my ritual practice.
I haven’t been exercising my brain with literature nor my vocabulary since I’ve left high school… The only book I’ve read from then is H. P. Lovecraft’s, ‘The Necronomicon’ yet was still a while ago lol.
I will definitely be in touch with you, thank you again!! :blush:
@AdamThoth it seems like it’s going to be that way :sweat_smile: a lot of reading :joy: but will be worth it :+1: thank you.
@Purple I’m not sure… Off the top of my head I think they are majestic, intelligent and very wise. What are yours? I’m going to read your forum now bud, thank you

1 Like