Mantra Question

Is there a definite schedule to chant mantra’s or is getting to 10000 or whatever the siddhi is all that matters?

As far as I am aware, the only “schedule” is daily.

I’ve also read in the literature that chanting the mantra at the same time every day speeds things up, because it will program your mind to accustom itself to the mantra.

3 Likes

am I boned if I skip a day then?

For siddhi there are traditional amounts you need to do in certain time, but in my opinion it’s more of a suggestion and estimate. You might obtain it sooner or never

2 Likes

am I boned if I skip a day then?

No, but, like everything else, consistency is key.

Daily practice creates momentum, and you will reach your goal that much sooner.

The only problem with skipping a day, if it is not due to illness or injury, is that you will find that one day turning into 2, and then three, and then a week. It is far too easy to let inertia creep in.

4 Likes

You lose some progress, I wouldn’t consider that “boned”

2 Likes

I’m asking will l have to startover or do the previous repititions count ?

No need to completely start over. Worst I have been told was weeks worth of progress lost if you skip a day. Assuming a mala per day

2 Likes

A little note for you, whenever it mentions chanting it 10000 or more times it does not mean literally that many times. It means to chant it into infinity or countless times so you want to chant until you effectively forget how many times you have said it and can think of nothing but the repetition of the mantra in your head.

5 Likes

Depends on the mantra. Different mantras have different requirements for attaining siddhi.

Most beej mantras and any awakened mantras you are given don’t require siddhi. They begin working the moment you start chanting.

If you are seeking siddhi for a specific mantra, you’ll have to chant a set number within a specified period of time, again depending on the mantra.

If you are chanting for a set number of days, and on one of the days you cannot chant your scheduled amount, then atoning it just once is enough to ensure continuance. Again, it all depends on the mantra.

2 Likes

I will revive this topic. It’s normal when practicing mantra that it appear in mind by itself, after a few days of practice whit some other mantras? I just did know that some specific mantra exist, but after few day practice with other mantras one particular is poping by itself in mind.

Welcome @StarsAreVibrate It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

I can not do anything for a month and then get into a trance and start vibrating and instantly go back to what I was doing like I never stopped. It’s almost like once the gate is opened you can’t close it. Atleast for me.