Making talismans using metal pendant blanks?

Hey all,

Would anyone here know of any decent engraving equipment that could be used to make metal talismans from blanks? In particular, I am trying to make a Seal of the Sorcerer talisman from Kingdoms of Flme to wear as a necklace for when I’m working from the Grimoire.

If you are going the easy route, I would suggest acid etching over engraving. But depending on the thickness and the metal, an assortment of different sized chisels and a hammer can be used to stamp the symbol into the blanks.

You can use engraving tool like mini grinder and carbide cutters- you can buy the cutter in the dental shops, or diamond coated cutters - I used one recently to engrave seal in stone. Or use etching technique, but then you need to match etcher with metal.

Also here i described simple etching method in copper Showing Art - #55 by Seraph

Would this work on silver or tin blanks?

1 Like

You can etch silver with nitric acid, but you need to be very cautious with it, nitrogen oxide will be emitted which is toxic, or search for solution for silver etching in shops for jewelers. Nitric acid will also etch the tin, but this metal is so soft that you can engrave on it with hand tools.