Lucifer, Satan, Lilith, and Baphomet

I recently watched a video by a woman who has been a student of the occult for several years. She has made a couple videos lately in which she tells her audience that Lucifer is a pagan God that unfortunately became confused and associated with whom she calls “evil” Baphomet. She says that Baphomet is not Lucifer nor is he a face of Lucifer and that Baphomet is an evil spirit who wants nothing more than total control and enslavement of the human race while Lucifer wishes to aid in the ascension and evolution of mankind. She also puts the spirits onto “teams” and says that Samael who is the real “Satan” and a face of Baphomet and Lilith amongst other spirits are allied while Hecate and Lucifer are allied. As well as mentioning that Baphomet is an imposter and actually enjoys being confused with Lucifer. She says all of this was told directly to her by these spirits. What is your opinion on all of this? I am conflicted.
Link: - YouTube

Welcome @TheSirenCraft It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

1 Like

I’ve seen her channel before. I disagree with her more often than I agree.

1 Like

i believe Samael, Lucifer, Lilith and Satan and the Baphomet are all different, and I dont like the baphomet

1 Like

Before anyone asks:

I see her as opinionated more than enlightened. She’s the LHP version of the Bible Thumper that’s happy devoting themselves to god/ascension and sacrifices having a balanced life to get there, if she ever does. She talks about if you don’t continue constantly studying new grimories and rituals you’ll get bored.

Get bored, Seriously? My path and magick enriches my life, it isn’t my life. I have unlimited things I can do daily and never find myself bored.

2 Likes

I think she’s neither right, nor wrong in how she’s interpret what these spirits has told her. In her world, these spirits have their agenda and some with evil and good intent.

There’s a reason why hierarchical deities, sometimes, tell a different story than the “main storyline”. They adapt to the worldview of the receiver, sending clues of how to move forward within their own ascension and creates bond with specific spirits and deities, hence the dividence of “good vs evil”.

These spirits basically told her who she should work with. Obviously not Baphomet and Lilith. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

And there’s me who just thinks Baphomet is a symbol of balance and something to aspire to

Not saying anyone else is wrong. Just all it is to me at this point

2 Likes

She pro-Lilith in other videos.

2 Likes

Yes exactly, she is contradicting herself in all of her new videos… creating confusion amongst her audience and I don’t like that. You can’t just all of a sudden tell everyone everything they know is a lie after years of being the one to falsely educate them.

2 Likes

You’re not alone I don’t view them as a legitimate entity but a symbol that was made to represent various forms of duality.

2 Likes

Yeah I mean it’s possible they’ve spawned into life as entities.

Just hasn’t for me yet and would be madness to try make them at this point for myself

1 Like

The only people who think Baphomet is an “evil” spirit are Christians, or people who confuse Baphomet with Satan and if they also believe Satan is evil.

Lucifer was created by Christians, the name didn’t exist prior to their mythology though the entity existed by other names. One can also argue that the modern pagan Horned god is actually based on Lucifer and what stories have survived from our ancestors but there is a lot of cross over. Lucifer is essentially a Solar god.

You will find that all occultist develop their own gnossis, which is perfectly valid, but trying to teach others your gnossis is where it gets tricky.

4 Likes

Actually you can’t argue that the modern horned god is based on lucifer at all lol

There’s historical studies that believe the modern horned God are based off Shiva, Cernunnos, Silvannus, Dionysus, Veles, and a number of actual Gods not Lucifer.

The solar God Lucifer was based off the Roman God the morning star whose title was also Lucifer, whose Greek name was Phosphorus if you believe they are the same entity anyway.

Not really, I don’t like him, I’m not even traditional Christian

1 Like

Lucifer is known for causing people to break away from God…as in a tempting force that causes women to want sex, men to have ambition, drinking, enjoying music etc. This is also a common relationship with the Horned God aspect and some then reflected that image to Satan, the “advisory”. The solar god fits Lucifer very well and it makes sense that Lucifer would be combined with the horned god as that was the great threat to the Christian god.

Modern pagans mix and match all the time, as someone who both works with Lucifer and Gardnarian Wicca / witchcraft I definitely see a direct connection between the gnossis. I am not saying you have to accept it, or that it matches your gnossis.

The major difference between Wicca horned God and Lucifer, is the Wicca horned god is also a god of the underworld. But this can be related to Samael which is often thought of as the Destructive/Death side of Lucifer.

1 Like

Not liking something and thinking it is “evil” are not really the same thing.

2 Likes

I think he’s a bastard personally, but when it comes to good and evil that’s complicated, do I think he’s inherently evil? Idk

Do I think he’s capable of evil? Yes

The Horned God doesn’t have any connection with breaking away from God though, the wiccan horned God is literally just about nature and divine masculinity lol, fertility, and the underworld as well as wealth. Lucifer, has no ties to those things besides masculinity which was a later addition due to the force merging of Lucifer with Samael who was the divine masculine to Lilith’s divine feminine.

However, technically no the Roman/Greek Solar God doesn’t necessarily fit the Xtian Lucifer, Lucifer was a being of light and a son of God/Yahweh, the Roman/Greek God was a Solar God, specifically of the Dawn while his brother was of of the evening Sun or evening star children of Eos (dawn) and Astraeus (stars and planets). Lucifer has no real literal ties to the sun as the Titan God does, Lucifer has ties to it metaphorically by means of knowledge.

The Horned God was made up of Gods that predate Lucifer’s mention especially Shiva, but also the Horned God is also made up of female Horned Goddesses.

Samael was thought to do all the deeds that were considered darker in the name of God, Lucifer was thought to bring knowledge/light to mankind (of course this role is also shared by a plethora of the grigori not just him)

Don’t get me wrong I can understand given the multitude of things people confilate with Lucifer now a days as to why it would see so.

2 Likes

Oh I was not attempting to say that the Horned God of Wicca had anything to do with breaking away from the Christian God, I meant what he represents (power, strength, fertility, nature) etc are aspects that many people also place on Lucifer as well. Christians (traditionally) oppose anything that is natural. Sex, passion, believing nature has a spirit intoxication etc. That is why gods such as Pan, Kernninos and Bacchus were attributed to Satan and then later Lucifer as Satan was a Jewish concept while Lucifer was a Christian one.

I place Lucifer as a solar god (not god of the sun) for similar reason’s you outlined. I mean his nick name is The Evening Star, and he was considered the brightest star in the heavens before the “fall”. He represents knowledge but knowledge for the purpose of burning through ignorance and mindlessness. Ego for the sake of Ascension and arising above false authorities. And much more. Depending on the aspect of Lucifer you want to connect with.

I am also not trying to say there is a direct 1 to 1 correlation between Lucifer/Samael and the Wiccan Horned God, but there are many cross overs and is easy to understand the connections. The Wiccan horned god also has many faces depending on the realm he is being invoked. He can be a nature deity, a death god, or an illuminating solar god. I think it is easy to see how he can be linked to aspects of other entities.

When I think of Lucifer I have to go outside of the simple context of Catholic Mythos and connect Him with other entities that I believe share in his gnossis. The different masks of a more primal power.

Thanks for the conversation, I think if we were in person it would have been a lively discussion!

2 Likes

It was a pretty nice conversation xD

1 Like