Let's get philosophical: What is the difference between light and darkness

Lmao

I did those when I was 17 and I thought alien lizards were coming through the ceiling.

1 Like

In my opinion there is no difference between light and dark. Some of us humans cling to morality as a way to heighten our ego. Some of us even use it to fight fear. Like someone said before light can be “evil” and darkness can be “good.” I broke off from morality a while back. I simply do what I want, get what I want, be whom I want. All in moderation of course. I dont go around drowning fucking babies. I can be good and I can be bad. I suppose you can call me selfish. I relish that to be honest.

I look out for my own, for the people I care about, and the people im aligned with. If I have to do terrible evil and vile acts for said people to thrive, prosper, be happy and safe, then ill do it in a heartbeat. Everyone else though? Occasionally I’ll help someone random, mainly just for the amusement or because maybe, just maybe there’s some good in my heart.

Who the fuck cares, all I know is Morality, light and darkness, is a human made concept to split chaos and order as if they are both different things.

Was that philosophical enough for ya? :grin:

1 Like

I find them to be another system for human comparison, mainly what is and is not comfortable in the case of energy released by certain spirits. To begin, I will be over simplifying this idea but bare with me.

To put it generally, spirits associated with light have a comfortable feeling to them, where others associated with darkness may have an uncomfortable feeling at first. I can argue that this has to do with how we view things on the surface of our personality as opposed to our shadow. Those associated with “light” can, in a way, represent concepts we can freely associate with or strive for with our surface personality where those that are dark are things we have to dig deeper into ourselves to find. That being said, we then get to certain parts of what we could accept at the surface level that are intense or something we either have to dig deep into or outright reject (the darkness of the light). On the other hand, there are elements of those deeper aspects of ourselves that bring a sense of comfortably or strength after enduring (the light of the darkness).

Like all human systems for labeling or categorizing, it starts off simple but becomes messy as life is just that way. Ultimately, the words only have as much meaning and power as the observer, in my opinion.

3 Likes