Lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram without archangels or demon names

I have a question which is probably strange. Is there way to use LBPR without archangel names?
I have seen the idea to replace archangels with demon names but I don’t like it because I am not Satanist and not Christian. May you give me ideas/links etc? Or may be to not use names at all?

5 Likes

Depends the system you’re using actually… Do you work with some ancient gods? You can replace the names with the names of these gods.
I use the OBRP (Olympic Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram) for example.

6 Likes

working with demons doesnt automatically mean youre a Satanist, but im pretty sure you could call on the spirits of the elements and itd work just fine

5 Likes

I actually use a suite of Watchtower Systems, although they are each for a major Cardinal Direction themselves and each are for a different kind of operation. Many of the non-Angelic or Daemonic ones are Greek, but some are based on William Blake, and Thelema, but there are also an Egyptian variant using the keepers of the canopic jars.

4 Likes

It is really doesn’t matter for me. I just need something “neutral”. Let’s say I always wanted to be neutral like dead. Dead is neutral. Yes. Elements will work fine. Thanks. TBH. I am still not sure how to do it. I saw archangels and demons names and said WTF.

When I was a little girl my father taught me to use the cardinal directions and to call upon the Watchers of those four directions before doing any sort of energetic work. I continue to do that for probably the next 20 years and now I use a Sumerian banishing ritual.

1 Like

He never did explain who these Watchtower Watchers were or their names and looking back at it now when I was a 14 year old girl I was doing quite Advanced magic and did not even realize it. I have learned to do all sorts of banishing things and just tailor them to my own personal needs. Personally I would never myself call on an arch angel to do a banishing so considering that for the last 30 years I have been doing banishing successfully without them I think it’s safe to say that you could use the names of the gods or as everybody likes call them… demons

1 Like

I wonder if the reason it’s called a Lesser Banishing Ritual is it is the basic banishing ritual of almost all paths.
Who knows…

To answer your question though - No you do not need to use the names of angels, demons, spirits, or entities. It helps, but you don’t need to.

There are so many variants of the LBRP, that you could toss a rock at an occult library and find three different ones…

2 Likes

Why not call on the elements: North - Earth, East - Air, South - Fire, West - Water as opposed to using demonic or angelic names simply call on the elements of earth.

4 Likes

you can use the thelemic banishing ritual

https://keepsilence.org/rituals/banishing.html

5 Likes

Try the Gnostic Pentagram Ritual. Just vibrates the vowels rather than names

2 Likes

You may want to look into the Pagan one, the original one:

Takes longer to perform but it’s worth it. It encompasses various elements.

3 Likes

Lookup the offices and correspondences of the Archangels named, and find classical gods (probably all from one pantheon) that relate to those.

Take a look at this, as well: My Invocation Of Inner Divinity. The Stoicheia exercise is in my opinion very useful, and transcends allegiances to beings because the planets are also mantles of the soul according to the concept outlined here: The Seven Bodies Of Man In Hermetic Astrology By Denis Labour�

2 Likes

Yes. I explain what to do here.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like