Leaving JCI and its Influences

So, I left behind religion years ago to embrace magick and personal ascent. Only recently have I started interacting with this community. I’m confused by what I see. Spirits like Lucifer are being equated with Satan or the devil. Isn’t that a JCI view of Lucifer? I believe him to be a god and not a demon from the JCI hell that doesn’t exist. In fact I don’t believe there are demons from hell at all. Sure there are infernal dark spirits. If I must use any form of the word I prefer the older format daemon, I find it to be more respectful to the deities to call them that than to play into the JCI stereotypes. Finally, I work in darkness and light, and try to walk the middle path. I have had good experiences with angelics, gods, daemons, etc and they’ve always been very helpful to me. I’m confused why there are so many different experiences with these same spirits harming other people or deliberately terrifying them. I’m starting to think the entities manifest how you view them and mirror the psyche of the practitioner as far as light and darkness goes. The dark and light experiences tend to be had by dark and light people respectively, based on how polarized the person is. As for me it tends to be somewhere in between, but then that’s how I view the entities (as being balanced in the middle pillar and not overly polarized). But I also pick entities I work with pretty carefully. Any thoughts?
Edit: please know I mean no disrespect to anyone. I just want to understand opposing points of view

3 Likes

That’s not the only reason someone may think Lucifer & Satan are related, I shared my own experience in this post, because Satan appears to me to also be Set, and Lucifer as another aspect of that black roaring chaotic force:

Never forget as well there are entire pantheons of classical gods, nature spirits, and just random beings to be worked with, you’re not limited to being mentioned in JCI and mainstream thought as the go-tos, there are many more options and they are often better suited to the job.

3 Likes

You may find the info in here of use in regards to getting away from reglious fallacy and programming

2 Likes

Thank you for your input. I tend to lean to those pantheons of classical gods you speak more than anything. My primary gods and goddesses are from the Norse mythology. I also work with Egyptian, Sumerian, Hindu, and Greek/Roman mythology, all outside any JCI influence. I felt that Lucifer had roots in Greco-Roman myth. I could be wrong about that. I can definitely see Set and Satan having their similarities. Odin, Enki, Thoth, Bethor, Azazel, King Paimon, Lucifer, and Ganesh are some of my go-to gods.

1 Like

To some extent the Greeks made consciousness an object of reverence in its own right, so that links holds true even if you go with the internal/external model I use.

If you search posts by @ashtkerr for the name Lucifer, I think he’s posted some interesting stuff on this, probably other members as well but his name comes to mind first.

2 Likes

It is hard to break up centuries long poisoned images of Lucifer by JCI with ease. So yes there are all sorts of people but this is the freedom; so no worries.

Some will keep spying with the hope of grace of Church even and while some will learn and expand their universe and revise their thoughts, No one needs to be judged as long as respect is shown.

For some it takes a minutes for some it takes years to realize and connect with universe. Just imagine how once the job of Galileo Galilei was difficult and have fun.

Satan is basically a combination of multiple entities morphing into one entity.

Best thing I can tell you is forget everything you think you know and meet these entities on your own. I had severe brainwashing against Lucifer, the devil, etc. Oddly enough I always adored the name Lucifer and felt power and comfort anytime I heard it, even being preached AGAINST.
When you meet him, he will show you who he is and you can make your judgement there . He is lovely, he is kind, and he is the truth.
Hail the true King, Lucifer !

4 Likes

Φωσφόρος (Phosphoros), sometimes also known as Ἑωσφόρος (Heosphoros), is a Greek god of the morning star, and the word phosphoros itself means morning star (an extremely common trope among lesser gods in the Greeco-Roman Pantheon). The Roman equivalent in the Latin language is Lucifer (Loo-Chee-Fair). How did Lucifer end up the name of Satan? Good question.

There is a Greek translation of the Old Testament called the Septuagint (LXX), the Septuagint is the Scriptures that Jesus, the Apostles, and the early Church were familiar with, we know this because there are some quotes of the Old Testament that do not match the current Masoretic Text (MT) (the Hebrew translation of the Old Testament), but do match up to the LXX.

In the Book of St. Isaiah, the Prophet, the Hebrew phrase הֵילֵ֣ל בֶּן־שָׁ֑חַר (helel ben-shahar) which translated in English is “the shinning one, son of Shahar” Shahar was an Ugaritic god of the dawn.

In the Septuagint translation of that same passage it reads ὁ ἑωσφόρος ὁ πρωὶ ἀνατέλλων (ho heosphoros ho proi anatellon) which translated means “[the] Heosphoros (or the morning star), the early dawn”

And in the Vulgate, the Latin translation of the entire Bible by St. Jerome, that same passage reads as “lucifer qui mane oriebaris” which translates to English as “Lucifer (or the morning star) who in the morning rises.”

Ultimately, this is not talking about Satan, as Isaiah 14:4 tells us that this is a prophecy against the King of Babylon, and has nothing to do with spiritual beings. In fact, if Lucifer was truly the name of Satan, then why would St. Lucifer of Cagliari (d. 370) be allowed to keep his name, especially since he was the bishop.

And Satan was brought into Judaism during the Babylonian Captivity by Judaism mixing with Zoroastrianism. Satan is basically a rebranded Ahriman, and before I used to think of this as a bad thing, but now in light of new study I see it in a different light.

Ezra 1:2-4, “2 ‘Thus says King Cyrus of Persia: The Lord, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth, and he has charged me to build him a house at Jerusalem in Judah. 3 Any of those among you who are of his people—may their God be with them!—are now permitted to go up to Jerusalem in Judah, and rebuild the house of the Lord, the God of Israel—he is the God who is in Jerusalem; 4 and let all survivors, in whatever place they reside, be assisted by the people of their place with silver and gold, with goods and with animals, besides freewill offerings for the house of God in Jerusalem.’”

St. King Cyrus is a Zoroastrian man, we know this because Persia was a Zoroastrian nation. The Zoroastrians were strict monotheists, they did not accept the existence of any other gods. And here, St. Ezra records that King Cyrus himself declared his belief in YHWH, a statement that means that YHWH and Ahura Mazda are the same entity. And in the Gospel according to St. Matthew, we see that Magi visit the young infant Jesus. Magi is a Persian loanword to Greek, and a Magi is a member of the priestly caste of the Zoroastrian religion. Interesting and curious wisdom abounds in the study of history.

Edit:

tl;dr: Lucifer is a minor god from the Greco-Roman Pantheon. Satan is an import from Zoroastrianism, and that’s okay.

5 Likes

There’ve been some great replies from everyone here. Thanks all for your input. Ultimately I get my info about Lucifer from Lucifer himself when I channel him. It’s not really important to me what JCI says about him. I broke free of that influence years ago. He’s been helpful to me and has shed light on a lot in my life. I do appreciate all the history that’s been shared, it’s pretty interesting. I’ve got plenty to ponder and plenty to ask him about next time we speak.

2 Likes

What does the I stand for in JCI?