Larping or Faking Until You Make

“Faking it” may be linked to man as the center of universe (according to the Ur Group, for example, but also to a magician who says “We may be at the center of the world and not at its center, the perfection is being and not being” - positive and negative, matter and antimatter)… Everyone is an observer and a creator of his/her reality.

When I first got into the occult, I thought it was about the trappings, the wands, the cool alters, a group of people standing around in those robes. I want to laugh at my early self, because it is so silly, but I did laugh at my early self.
At first it seemed like it would be pointless boredom, like religion, either that or a cesspool of misery going nowhere. I thought the outcome would be predictable, like for everyone, if they do Y, then X will follow no matter who you are, but I quickly learned that while A might happen for B, if C tries it they are going to get Z. And they might have something different happen if they try the same ritual later.
I also realized that it isn’t chaos magic, where only belief matters, and that certain symbols have certain meanings whether we consciously know them or not.
So, yes, you actually have to do stuff, plan stuff out, not just sit on your butt all day reading books, forums, pdfs, and blogs.

5 Likes

I started doing chi kong with a bo staff a few years back and there are times where I emit a foggy essence around me when I really heavily focus, and at times I see the photons around my hands and fingers react and cause minor surges of lighting. This all began with a pipe dream as a kid wanting to be like a bender from the series on nikelodian. So yes don’t fake it, but simply make it so.

The light is very dim and I have yet to be able to do it at a will. But it is because my core is weak and can not handle the work required yet.