I’m new, curious and open to learn

Hey there! Iv always been interested in the mystic world! I’d love to get some help in developing my abilities! Hope this will be the start of a great thing xx

5 Likes

Welcome to this magical journey.

2 Likes

Welcome. @Pattylash Please tell us about yourself and any experience you have in magick. This post tells us nothing about you and doesn’t meet the criteria for a proper introduction.

How old are you?

Where do you hail from?

Do you have any experience in magick?

If so, what do you practice, and how long have you practiced it?

If not, what areas of magick are you interested in?

This is important information to include in your introduction.

3 Likes

Thank you

Welcome. What type of magic are you most interested at?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Sorry the delay… my post was on “standby”…
I’m 27
I’m Portuguese but move around Europe
I don’t have any experience with magic. I found my self doing 2 or 3 times spells that worked but I did them without guidance just with my energy and thoughts and feeling the wind! Since I was little iv had a couple of promontórios and my 6th sense is very sharp… but never knew how to develop and that’s why when I found this forum I was glad that maybe someone will guide me

Thank you :pray:t3::smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you! To be honest I don’t even know it myself!I think all magic is interesting… Magic world is so dense… how does one find the area that suits ones abilities?

Thank you :pray:t3: will read and try it out

Hello, and welcome to the forum :v:

May I ask, what was it that brought you here? Are there any spirits that you feel drawn to, or maybe magickal practices such as the tarot or demonic summonings that you’re curious about? If you tell us a bit more about your interests, we’ll be able to guide you to some resources that could help you.

2 Likes

Hello! Thank you @shinri

I always felt I wasn’t alone. Since I was little “weird” things would happen… but not in a negative way! Iv also had premonitions and my 6th sense is very sharp! I would liberto develop but don’t know where and how to start!
Iv been trying meditation and a few days ago I was able to get half of my body spirit out… from my hand to my torso… but I got overwhelmed and opened eyes. I felt like I died and came back? Felt extremely tired and with a headache the rest of the day! Had to sleep… and it was a very deep sleep!
The following day my best friend told me she had a dream of me bumping my head on a pool and that I died and resuscitated… and I asked her when did she dream and it was the same time I had this experience!

1 Like

You’re definitely not alone in experiencing weird stuff, many of us here have had all sorts of varied and cool experiences. Keep doing magickal stuff and these sorts of things will keep happening, only they will likely change from being just generally weird into moments that have profound significance and meaning to you, and that help you along your spiritual journey.

You mention that you’re really still exploring and wandering where to start with all this. This is perfectly understandable, there’s a lot out there to take in. I have a question for you that may help us clarify things some more - what do you want?

Is there something you want to change in your life, something that you want, but perhaps feels just out of reach? Is there a problem you are experiencing that you feel magick could help with? Or maybe do you want to have more of these astral or out-of-body experiences? Or, perhaps, do you feel called to the quest for Enlightenment?

There is no right or wrong place to start with magick. Wherever you are, whatever your situation, magick has a way of bringing you just what you need.

Like what attracts you to magic? Communicating with spirit? Love spells? Curse, etc

@shinri and @Morningstar_666
I’m very attracted to spirit communication! Besides losing my mother when I was 3 and wanting to know if there is a way of speaking/seeing her, I would love to have spirits whom I could talk to and trust in helping me out in various areas of my life, knowing about past life’s and the future and casting spells too!

Everytime I want something to happen regarding someone else ,this being somebody to love me (I did this once when I was little) or punish someone doing me wrong… I went to a varanda, felt the wind, concentrated my thoughts and asked for what I wanted. Every time I do this ritual it has happened! The first one I was about 8 or so and I mixed some spices from the kitchen and threw them in the wind! It was all intuitive and I never knew it would work, but it did!

Also iv had images out of no where coming to my mind or dreams about others that happen in a space of hours or max 1week! This is also what I’d like to learn what’s a premonition or just a thought!

1 Like

Very cool, it sounds like you’re a natural-born magician :slightly_smiling_face:

For learning spirit communication, I think the best thing is to just jump in and start practicing. There are various energy work exercises that you can do, but I’d say the most important thing is to make calling spirits a regular part of your life. Your inner psychic senses will develop over time as you become immersed in the energies of magick.

The one thing you have to think about now is what kinds of spirits you want to work with. My suggestion is to find a book of magick that appeals to you, read it, and then practice its magick. There are many different spirits out there, from demons and angels to servitors and goddesses. A grimoire (magick book) will contain instructions that teach you how to summon the spirits, and how to work with them to improve your life.

The three best publishers I know are BALG (the company that hosts this forum), the Gallery of Magick, and The Power of Magick Publishing. BALG currently has an ongoing series of Gatekeeper publications, and all three of these companies have an excellent selection of practical, modern grimoires you can work with.

I’d encourage you to look around their websites and see if any of the books appeal to you. Even now, the spirits may be reaching out for you, just as you are for them. If you have any questions, or just feel overwhelmed at all the different choices, I have some good beginner-friendly suggestions I could give you.

@shinri thank you so much! I will definitely take a look at those books you referred! And get back to you on that!:slight_smile:

In the meantime you said I should start and jump with the spirit communication! How do I do that? I’m scared to attract or call spirits that are bad to intentionally harm me or so… I’m really q beginner!

1 Like

To communicate with spirits, you will need to summon them in a magick ritual. The three publishers that I mention above all carry grimoires with instructions on how to perform various different rituals with all sorts of different spirits.

Without getting too complicated or technical, when you summon a spirit, you do not act as your human ego-self, but as your greatest and most profound God-self. The spirit will see you as its creator, and it will act with absolute loyalty for you.

Now, as you begin your practice, it is unlikely that you will experience clear communication straight away. This is a skill much like any other, so it will take time and consistent practice to get better at it.

Here is a way to do this. After you make your request to the spirit (which the book you choose should teach you how to do), spend some time gazing at its sigil and repeat its name in your mind. Allow your thoughts and feelings to do what they will, and write down any that seem meaningful or important. Don’t worry about whether or not you are doing it right, and don’t worry about feeling silly or strange. Just do your best. The most difficult part is learning to allow the mind to be calm and quiet, so that you can sense the spirit within your mind.

Also, if you are really concerned about calling on dangerous spirits, many people find that angels are very warm and comforting to work with. If angels sound appealing to you, Archangels of Magick by Damon Brand is an excellent text for both beginners and advanced practitioners. It contains both very simple sigil magick, which is sort of like making a phone call to the spirit, and an advanced method of evocation, where the archangel is called to full visible manifestation before you.