How did witches practice back then?

I see a lot of talking about needing to open your chakras or your mind eye or things like that which are not native to any european culture, its literally eastern mysticism. But then how did any sorcerer or witch practice literally until 17/18th century when this mysticism got into Europe? I mean there were witches which could teleport or fly, or find hidden treasures with a simple spell. How could they see a daimon or a spirit if they didn’t open they mind eye? I think this excesive stuff with meditation, chakras, kundalini it just deludes true witchcraft. What do you think? How did they practice back then like 11/12th century?

1 Like

Whatever they did they could bit save themselves. Most if them were bunt alive and prosecuted along with their books. I think there are some legit witches in Romania.

2 Likes

Welcome @Razvan
It is a rule of this forum to properly introduce yourself in the NEW MAGICIANS INTRODUCTIONS Category so that members can help you out.

share…
Kinds of magick you like, Current goals, Current struggles

1 Like

Welcome @Razvan It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

Yes but it doesnt matter. I am talking about their practice. Most of them had no ideea of meditation, today’s recommandation for everything. They didnt watch tutorials for witchcraft on youtube.

1 Like

Witchcraft came from inheritance.

They were born a witch.

They learned it from their mothers

1 Like

You dont know anything about all this so read books on that to educate yourself. Jumping into the forums and asking this wont help you.

Most witches on youtube learned it from old books and they are sharing their experiences. they are earning money by selling this a service and selling oils powders incense

If you read old books it is written they were born magicians not made. I think all this is to keep away the unworthy.

And dont act like a stupid saying there was no youtube. Youtube didnt exist in 1900s so does that mean you cannot learn anything?

There were handwritten diaries and books and they did not share all this.

That is not true. Developing the mind has always been part of magical traditions going back centuries. Focus, concentration, visualisation, affirmations, can all be traced back thousands of years. Meditation is not a “modern” thing.

Of course not. We have it pretty damn good nowadays. Back in the day, learning magick required someone to initiate you, and to teach you. As @Ornias said, sometimes people were born into it, and taught by their family members, but other times, you had to seek one out at the risk of your life because it was all done in secret, to avoid being killed by the Church.

9 Likes

Also they had given a curse. If you read their books without their permission, curse will follow you.

Am i right or wrong?

1 Like

I think that is more myth than reality. However, the story sure kept people from sticking their nose into their grimoire, didn’t it?

3 Likes

Yes thats the right thing to say

1 Like

I was going to say this, but I’ve seen @Dralukmun mention removing curses from old books, so.

I thought it was mostly a scare tactic but there must be some truth to it, in some cases too.

1 Like

Yes I agree with you at this, but not today’s meditation as it is advertised in western media. It was more of a spiritual thing.

Exactly that’s the point, but there were witches which didnt had someone to leave the craft to.

And may I ask how could some become so interested that they risk their life for something they don’t even know. Could a daimon or spirit manifest to lead them to a witch or sorcerer?

1 Like

You can thank Blavatsky and her Theosophy back in the late 1800’s for that. She was very enamoured with the East, and mixed Eastern concepts (many of which she got wrong) with her own ideas of Christianity and the Western Magical Tradition.

There are many ways to accomplish that. Using the chakra system is only one.

2 Likes

The lure of the forbidden. Works every time. Tell people something is evil and will damn them for all eternity, and a few of them have to seek it out just to be sure…

2 Likes

That’s the thing you see. Almost everything I see today regarding that is about opening your mind eye with all sorts of technics which defintely are eastern mysticism.

2 Likes

Waves

I don’t use the chakra system personally and know a few people around here that don’t either.

3 Likes

Start reading here : Wicca - Wikipedia

Yes exactly but still I find it quite difficult to belive you could just go and find a witch without being led to one.

I suppose the way he said that, he makes it sound easy, but I’m sure it wasn’t it. But underground networks have long been a thing too, you know.

I’d give examples but the only ones I can think of with historical documentation off hand, are political.

2 Likes