Hi, newbie here

Firstly, having just joined this site, I’d like to say thank you and a big hello from England :uk: I’m enjoying reading some of your posts on here but as a newbie, I’ve yet to practice any magick! I have, however, purchased some occult books by recommendation to get me started (Before You Cast a Spell, The Satanic Bible, Liber Null & Psychonaut, The Witch’s Journal, Modern Witchcraft and Magic for Beginners) of which I’ve only read in part due to feeling somewhat overwhelmed at times. There are conflicted opinions of what is or is not a valuable/reliable source for a beginner and I won’t rush into anything without being 100% certain that I’m confident putting what I’ve learned or been taught into practice. I’m also fully aware that the Left Hand Path isn’t something you go into lightly…you have to know yourself and be respectful at all times of the Demons and Deities that you’re calling on and want to work with. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. X

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

Welcome MrsBaphomet!
I would suggest starting to practice as soon as possible. I know what you mean about feeling overwhelmed, you should have a look at the Gallery of Magick’s books…Damon Brand, Gordon Winterfield especially. They cut through all the out-dated rigmorole and get straight into ritual work. Enjoy exploring!

2 Likes

Thank you @DarkestKnight

1 Like

Cheers for the info @gorhook. There’s a lot to read through but I’ll get there.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

Hey @Purple, thanks for pointing that out. I’ll be sure to have a look :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Sister,

The appendices of Michael Aquino’s The Church of Satan are absolutely excellent.
Anything by Anton LaVey and Anton Long. Codex Saerus.
There you go.

Al.