Help me understand this tarot reading more

I recently did a tarot reading about a love interest of mine and asked some questions and would appreciate some more insight on what these could mean

I pulled four cards, the top one I asked what I should do and how I should approach her and the situation

for the bottom card, I asked the opposite I asked what shouldn’t I do and what I should avoid and how I shouldn’t approach her

For the left card, I asked who she is as a person, and for the right, I asked who she wanted to be.

Hey, before the mods tell you, you should introduce yourself before making topics. Just a heads up. So from what I’m seeing here, you got the two of cups for what you should do which means you should be open to communication, reach out to this person or make your feelings known if you haven’t already. The seven of cups as what you shouldn’t do seems to suggest that you shouldn’t simply fantasize about this person, don’t romanticize every aspect of this individual, keep yourself grounded. For who she is the devil reversed, she might be a very secretive person or manipulative. Nine of swords as who she wants to be: free of anxiety, maybe she struggles with depression.

1 Like

Thank you for your response and your understanding of the cards and the reading but the bottom card is the 10 of cups reversed not the 7 of cups

1 Like

You should approach her as a partner and not shower her in gifts she don’t know herself she just wants to not be kept up by her anxious thoughts, she is high in openness and neurotic.

Sorry it looks similar to the seven of cups. 10 of cups reversed is mainly like the family card, so maybe if family gives you advice about this person, don’t write it off.

The cards tell actually to keep away cause it will make both persons regret the friendship. They are so clear that probably even a person who never have seen tarot cards before would keep distance.

1 Like

Yeah the cards are telling you to stay away, while you might couple up, she doesn’t want anything more and the Devil card is also a passion sex card and it is inverted.

1 Like

So the bottom card with all the questions just means things you shouldn’t do towards her right? I don’t see op’s spread negatively but I’m still a beginner at tarot so not sure. 9 of swords is confusing in this position too… Tagging @ParadoxicalPAT to take a look at this when she’s online.

2 of cups to approach her as a friend!

10 of cups reversed don’t get your hopes up!

The devil reversed she is an individualist and free spirit!

9 of swords she doesn’t know and she is scared of the future!

1 Like

9 of swords refers to her wanting to be hurt, being heartbroken etc. she loves the pain. A possible drama queen in the questions context.

2 of cups you should approach her with an love offer (Which is kinds counterintuitive given how attraction works) and offer her your love (cup)

the devil reversed might mean that she is somebody with abandonment issues (has difficulties to bond) and is not that sexually passionate (has a lot of blocks sexually). She is also more ruled by fears and insecurities instead of her passion and lust.

10 of cups tells you that you should not offer her the whole cup and reveal your whole emotional spectrum but let her discover it. Dont promise her things that you cannot deliver and beware of obsessive thoughts. You have to become more stable for her.

Thats how I would read it, let me know if it helps

1 Like

Welcome @Pure443 It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

Alright. First off, heya, OP! I hope you’ll find the time to introduce yourself so you can further comment here and add a bit more context to the situation at hand and/or simply tell us what you thought/felt/sensed while doing this reading, so other readers could help you with interpreting this spread more accurately. Since you’re the only one here who knows the other person, as well as what’s going on between you, kindly use your own discernment/intuition while reading these intuitive guesses. Feel free to take what resonates and discard what does not. :slight_smile:

For this card position, I immediately got the word, “emotional simpatico”. I also heard the words, “emotional attunement” and “empathy”. Interestingly enough, when I Googled the word, “emotional simpatico” to verify if such a combination of words does exist (English is not my first language so apologies for the ignorance), this article popped up. Since the article seems in sync with the random words I’ve heard, I’m linking this as something you might also consider reading and applying when it comes to dealing with her/the situation (minus the emphasis on the “leader” part maybe, as this seems to be a personal relationship you’re asking about…?):

MiKu’s comment about approaching her as a friend also fits with this one. While the 2 of Cups is usually associated with romantic love/mutual offers and all that, since this is a spread, other surrounding cards must be taken into consideration as well, for they all influence each other and therefore should be read as a whole (interconnected) story. And since the surrounding cards seem to speak of not being in the right heart/mind space at the moment for any sort of serious involvement/commitment, the 2oC you have here would be more about friendship and starting a simple yet genuine emotional connection first, taking it slow, approaching gently and considerably, even perhaps being the first to wear your heart on your sleeve to gradually encourage the other to do the same. I’m also getting a repeated (all caps) emphasis on the word, “understanding”.

MiKu’s and Alakir’s “Don’t promise her things you can’t deliver + be more stable” interps were also the very first things I picked up on, though I got more of a, “Don’t get BOTH of your hopes up”, in a sense that, if there are any rose-colored glasses/views you may have between the two of you, now may not be the time to fully encourage or indulge in such. A slower and considerate “getting to know you, getting in tune with you” approach is recommended, just like the 2oC interp discussed beforehand. I’m also picking up hints of carefulness, with the way the two figures on the 2oC seem to be almost shyly/delicately eyeing each other.

However, I’m also getting that the opposite could apply and you should not dash her/each other’s hopes as well, for the 10 of Cups upright usually speaks of that almost fairytale-ish happiness and emotional fulfillment/bliss. Reverse that and dundun: complete emotional disillusionment. If we look at both left and right cards representing her, it’s quite evident that this person may not be able to take any more wounding/disillusionment/rejection/other troublesome matters at the moment. Hence, you should avoid doing anything that could lead to her feeling such. Aside from making emotional promises or saying/doing/acting on emotions you might only mean at the moment but not COMPLETELY, this card could also be about avoiding an excess of emotions as well. Easier said than done, especially when in a difficult situation, but the 10oC RX here could also advise you about not being overly emotional about her/the situation, do not take things to heart or too deeply when the situation does not go than what was initially planned, etc. It may also remind you about not getting too “entrenched” (I just heard that exact word) or attached to the other person/the situation, to the point that you or the other may either be projecting emotions off the other or simply getting lost in them, hence leading to the situation/her current Devil RX + 9 of Swords energy continuing on unresolved—and possibly even taking you along for an emotional rollercoaster ride which might also take a toll on you.

And speaking of those two cards…

I can see why Ktock’s confused about this combination, as well as the whole spread being seen negatively due to these two showing up for the other person (then add 10oC RX for the trifecta). Even I was stumped at first just looking at them side by side–they really do paint quite the miserable picture (I’m sorry, OP X). However, taking a a closer look on the cards based on their specific positions, the very first thing I got from her being represented by The Devil RX is she may have recovered (or may be recovering) from the Devil’s chains/clutches. These chains/clutches could represent anything that may have either literally or metaphorically trapped, limited or hindered her in any way: while these could be the usual Devil associations of drugs, alcohol, sex, etc., These could also refer to unhealthy habits, patterns and tendencies in general, from her, say, food choices to even preferred relationship dynamics, may it be concerning friendship or something more. I’m even picking up on “withdrawal symptoms”, whether it be withdrawal from an actual something or someone she has depended heavily on. Though of course, take this part only if you know it resonates.

Wanting to be the 9 of Swords is starting to make sense, as I’m feeling the 9oS here represents her wanting to confront her own thoughts, anxieties, limitations, blockages and face all the ugly/painful/harsh truths/facts she may have dealt and battled with for a while now, so she can finally come to terms with it and lay them all to rest (9oS followed by the 10 of Swords). Perhaps this is just my view, but don’t you think the figure on the 9oS looks like one of those scenes wherein a person sits up at night on his/her bed, thinking about all the fuck-ups, failures and other sharp memories/cutting thoughts, going all, “Dear god, what have I done (or failed to have done)?” Other readers even refer to this card as a representation of “The Dark Night of The Soul”.

While this card could definitely stand for a drama queen who’s going all, “Oh, woe is me!” and ruminating uselessly in his/her own victim mentality, with the other person being represented by The Devil RX though, I’d like to respectfully go in a different direction here. :slight_smile: In this context, I feel as if this might not be the case at all—this person has (or is still going) gone through it in some way, whatever that “it” may represent for her. Being restricted by The Devil’s chains/influence is no easy feat to brush off or recover from. Usual stories of relapse from anything unhealthy to that person you know who just can’t seem to cut off/move on from that toxic person in his/her life for years now come to mind as some examples here. Her aspiring to be the 9oS also tells me that she might not have a bright/hopeful/clear view of herself yet due to still being in the Devil RX influence. MiKu’s interp about not knowing what she wants could also apply here.

The Devil RX + 9oS here also had me repeatedly hearing two songs. You can check the lyrics here to see if they resonate with her/the situation or not:

1. Linkin Park – New Divide Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

2. The Griswolds – 16 Years Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

It does not have to be taken literally, but kindly take note of both themes of the song when you have time. Both songs speak of regret, guilt and the like—which are all the things I felt from Devil RX her wanting to be the 9oS.

Overall, at least what I’m feeling from it anyway, is this is neither positive or negative. Instead, it all comes down to you, OP, and how you deal when it comes to this situation. For example, are you willing to be the “2 of Cups” type of steadfast friend despite having stronger feelings than that for the other? Are you willing to follow the advice of 10oC RX despite the many "should not"s + her not being in the healthiest/best state to fully cope/understand when you do make a mistake about the "should not"s (which is completely normal BTW, as honestly, that 10oC RX is quite a lot)? Are you sure you can utilize enough patience, understanding and sensitivity for her and this situation? Yes? If so, go for it and things may have a possibility of turning out better in the long run. If not, and you know you’re not ready/suitable to handle her current Devil RX + 9oS state without being swept into a rollercoaster ride yourself, then perhaps it may be time to step back, re-evaluate the situation between you and ask different/more fitting questions to the cards. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not anymore because your explanation for the cards are so clear and connected again :rofl: :rofl:

I thought the same but for me it’s because tens are culmination of a suit. The highest expression of cups’ emotions, but since its reversed all that ten cups as something op should not do is heavy emotional labor and maybe unrealistic expectations too? op has yet to respond though.

1 Like