Help achieving targeted, time-bound real world results

So I’m pretty much a newbie when it comes to magick. All I can do with any reliability is sense energy and receive emotional information during an invocation. I’m pretty sure I have managed successfully invoke certain entities in the past (and quite recently as well.) However, whenever I try to achieve something specific through occult means, it invariably doesn’t work.

Now the most common advice for this sort of thing is to let go. But that hasn’t helped me at all. My problem afaik is not lusting for results, but what I term the ‘I can’t’ reflex. I mean, I accept that magick is real and that jazz. But I seem to an unfounded notion that it wont work for ME in particular. This feeling is unusually strong for reasons I have yet to discover. I have also tried asking questions and listening for answers during invocation. But all I get is junk no matter who I’m trying to talk to.

I would like some advice on how to break this negative feedback loop

2 Likes

Hmm it sounds as like you are struggling with a belief question. Two beliefs in fact, one whether it works at all, and two, whether it works for you.

Did u ever have a time when your cherished beliefs (about anything) were smashed?

But then I wonder why you would sort of accept it, but think it might not work for you?

I would suggest very simple rituals - sigils etc, just to see some results. They will build your confidence.

This feeling is unusually strong for reasons I have yet to discover. It’s just your mind … keep chipping away at it… and if you have a day thinking “this is all BS” announce it proudly to the universe! Express how you FEEL always and you will burn away the negativity.

Best of luck.

3 Likes

Start small and work your way up

3 Likes

Thank you @AdamThoth . I tried the method described in the first post and while I didn’t see anything, I certainly felt the aura. As for the second post, I have bookmarked it for future reference. I will add that meditation to my regular practice.

I think I worded my OP poorly. I did not mean to say that magick couldn’t work for me, but rather that it won’t. This probably has something to do with the answer to your next question.

Yes, I don’t want to go into too much detail here. But it has to do with my mother who became emotionally abusive when I became a teen. I felt betrayed. But I have worked through those issues as best as I could. There are still lingering emotions though. I have no idea how to deal with them.

You know, I never really considered. I always believed projecting such thoughts would just attract more of the same. But I guess I have to be honest not only with myself, but with the universe as well.

1 Like