Hebrew question

hi can someone tell me what those words mean, i’m from brazil and i’ll try to explain what i’m referring to you.

EH-HE-YEH (Eheieh)
YEH-HO-VO EL-OH-HEEM (Jehovah Elohim)

YEH-HO-VO EL-OH-AH VAY-DAH-ASS (Jehovah Eloah Ve Daas) (YHVH Eloah Vedaath)
SHAD-AY EL-KAY (Shadai El Chai)
AH-DOH-NAY HA-AH-RETZ (Adonai Ha Artez)

as the writings seem to speak in the English language I feel I am speaking incorrectly, but with the right Hebrew name for example jeová elohim. I can identify in Hebrew and speak correctly. so here’s my question.

YICH-EH-AK-EV-CAH-HA (which Hebrew origin is it?)
YITZ-OH-HAH-YAHV-TAH-HAH
YEE-YAH-HAH-GAV-LEE-HAH
e and
GAH-DEE-YELL ( gadiel?)
TOO-VEE-YELL (toviel ou turiel?)

YUH-DID-YAH (can’t find anything to explain maybe you English speakers can clarify)

YEH-OH-EL
NOO-REE-YELL
YAH-BAHM
EE-AH
OH-MEM
VEH-HOO

can anyone identify which Hebrew source words are each?

This is the words for the ritual in Tristans whitespires’s 84 genies of power.

He explains they are names for god and angels.

You’ve got most of them out of order, but In the proper order for the ritual in the the book, it’s words for the names of god then it’s angels the rest of the way of the way down the list.

Should all be angels.

The rest should all be words for the name of god.

This are not given in the Hebrew spelling. They are given the way they are meant to be pronounced, so if you fix the spelling like too-vee-yell is actually spelled (at least what I see most often) Toviel, you’ll find it is easier to research.

1 Like

thanks, but i didn’t put it in the wrong order, it was just a few words in english that i can’t pronounce in your language because it is in english, and i’m from brazil i speak portuguese. it would be easier for me to discover Hebrew origin and pronounce them.

I…the pronunciation doesn’t need to be exact or like it’s in English, unless I completely mis-understand the author.

He’s not written them the way we write them, he’s written them the way they sound, for this particular working. I see other pronunciations in other books, and most of the authors are clear it doesn’t need to be exact, to do your best but once in a while I will see one that mentions the pronunciation tells the angel which role they are playing In The ritual.

That isn’t the case with these.

1 Like

name of god hebraic example: origin of vehuiah, first name of god

Well. It’s the name for an angel, regardless of the meaning. It’s spelled funny cuz he wants you to say that way for this ritual.

I thought you wanted to know for sake of using and pronouncing them for the rituals not just to know what each word means. Toviel means god is good supposedly in English, but since very few languages translate exactly to English, if you don’t speak it that well, it doesn’t make sense to translate it- to me.:grinning: the meaning is probably more correct as it is- if only spelled right lol.

talking about i also have tristan’s book and i have been working with angels, although he says it doesn’t matter how much he pronounces, i wanted to check each one on my own to see how it is right to speak. what has your experience been with them?

I also wanted to know the pronunciation, because I live in Brazil, so I thought if I know that he is talking about Michael or Gabriel, I can’t miss it because I know how to pronounce them in my native language. but those other different words would have to be fluent in English to pronounce how you pronounce it like it is in the book. but as I don’t know, I identified Hebrew to pronounce it right and close to my Portuguese language.

Well. As far as the genies go, I’ve worked with over half of them prior to buying his book. They are listed as djinn in several other books, and his is the first I’ve seen them labeled as something else.

But I’ve got two days left with his book, till I’ve called them all. They are very responsive with his method, and while they also responded to the method I use for djinn that calls on angels, I’d have to say his method is even better, for the ones his book.

Nah you don’t need to be fluent.

@ReyCuervo can probably help you out on the sounds that you are unsure about tbh. I think he can maybe explain what I mean better too lol.

I understand what your saying, the common angels you know how they sound, and the English vowels are harder, but it’s literally written with the pronunciation already so, I hope Rey can help here.

It doesn’t need to be this hard for you :grinning: I understand why your making it seem complicated so hopefully Rey can help me uncomplicate for you lol.

2 Likes

I’ll give you a better example of what I’m talking about.

see this psalm

Psalm 40: 2: .קַוֹּה קִוִּיתִי יְהוָה; וַיֵּט אֵלַי, וַיִּשְׁמַע שַׁוְעָתִי
CAVO KIVITI adonai, VAIET ELAI VAYISHMÁ
SHAV’ATI. (here is in Portuguese as I read)

for English, you can read and localize differently.

the sound in Hebrew will be the same, but to read I need to know how to read, in the case of the book it is in English but I am not fluent.

Okay, I didn’t want to complicate just pronouncing it correctly, for you it can be easy because you speak English and the book and pronunciation are in English.

2 Likes

Honestly I just read them like he writes them. A lot of times the pronunciations don’t make sense to me, based on other ways I’ve worked with the angels but…

Lol I do what I’m told. I do however almost always find that I sing the darned ritual, I picked up the habit of singing to the angels a few months ago, due to a books instructions and it’s stuck. I don’t mean to do it.

I don’t speak any Hebrew, so the pronunciations are in English, but they don’t make sense to me a lot of times, based on how I use our language.

But
I generally find anything with Hebrew words, letters in the sigils etc- works damned well for me. so even though I really miss up the pronunciations, it works well.

This ritual isn’t as hard for me as some, but some are really hard to pronounce the way given, even English lol. I know this doesn’t help lol. I just think you are over worrying and until Rey shows up to explain me better… I don’t how to fix it!

1 Like

494/5000

well they don’t make sense, but you are pronouncing it correctly, because he in the book speaks as you read the English pronunciation. it is the same thing that I took and spoke in Portuguese you read like this and be speaking Hebrew too. you reading in English and me in Portuguese. Hebrew will come out the same way. so for me to identify an origin would be more interesting because I can speak in Hebrew. it may be difficult to explain this to you because you are reading the English pronunciation.
thanks

1 Like

I will set an example for you.

Ithi ê aqui evi ca ra-- in Portuguese (YICH-EH-AK-EV-CAH-HA english)

Its ó rá iárivi tá rá- in Portuguese (YITZ-OH-HAH-YAHV-TAH-HAH english)
iá rá gavi lii rá- in Portuguese (YEE-YAH-HAH-GAV-LEE-HAH english

we don’t know the origin but you pronounce it right. but if I know the Hebrew origin I will pronounce it right without knowing its English. this meant that the source for me would be interesting.

1 Like

Well. I don’t know how responsive he is, but he does have a Facebook author profile, so you could try asking if he would share the origins with you?

I’m sure that he spent a lot of time researching it prior to releasing the book. I was going to share the link but I am not sure it fits within the forum rules, but if you search Tristan Whitespire in google, it comes up right after his amazon link. Sometimes authors will share how they can be connected with on amazon, but hasn’t, and doesn’t appear to have any sort of webpage of his own.

I doubled checked my book and he only links to his other books in it, so I’m assuming he is not hosting a webpage of any sort at this time. So it seems the only way you could try to find out where he found the origins, would be through messaging or posting on his Facebook author page.

Granted you could try to googling the words spelled correctly, but I have a hard time working backwards to determine what the original spellings were for the ones I don’t see often, since he only gives his pronunciations.

I tried searching Toviel and ended up with all sorts of poems and things, but not really any reference to the angel’s original appearance in literature.

I tried searching YICH-EH-AK-EV-CAH-HA and I could only find it in another ritual, for an invocation of Bune, and a ritual written in Chinese using the same exact words and Hebrew letters that he uses in his books- but on like playing card images. So I’m not able to determine where he sourced it from.

I do keep seeing someone named Tristan Butler come up with works very similar to his, that has a Patreon, but I don’t know if it’s Whitespire or not. It could be Whitespire is a pename and Butler is the real person.

Edit: Actually looking at the way this Butler guy speaks and the topics he has on Patreon, I’m almost certain that Whitseprie is his penname. He talks about the genies of the hours and some things he was releasing there instead of into a book and yeah. It seems you could probably reach him via that as well.

1 Like

thanks ^^

1 Like

If you track back far enough it is names of god in the current format of the jewish religion, odds are though if you tracked it back further it will turn out to be some of the various names of the original gods of the older jewish pantheon before the Babylonian captivity and the conversion to a monotheistic cult. That is my understanding of the matter at least.

1 Like

I tried to contact the author, but come in another book by him other than the one that the names can be found in the sacred names THE BOOK OF SACRED NAMES Shadow Tree Series
Volume 2 Jacobus G. Swart.

but thanks for the tips i will research more about it.

2 Likes

ok, I know less English than the guy who created this question here. I’m also from Brazil and I’m using an automatic translator. I have the same doubt as him, but I think I’ll be able to explain it better: In Portuguese “i” sounds like “ee” or “y”, totally different from how you pronounce it. A Brazilian would write that the pronunciation of “i” sounds like “ai” in English, because we read “ai” with the sound of “aee” or “ay”. The person wrote, in the book, the way they pronounce it in English and therefore there is no way for us to know the correct pronunciation of all the letters. For example: “ee” we pronounce as if there were two “ê”. The rest of the letters I don’t even know how to pronounce.

Welcome @Roseatrinitas It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3