Having faith in yourself and the Magic

Hey guys,

So I just went through an upsetting experience today, and in response i attempted to evoke lucifer. It was such an upsetting experience that i had tears in my eyes at some point during the evocation. The thing is, i feel like the last roadblock in my way is having faith in myself and the reality of magic. I’ve spent the last few weeks reading through some peoples absolutely amazing experiences after doing an evocation, as inspiration for myself…hoping that i can one day make a post like that of my very own. However, i feel like the hardest part of ascention is really the beginning stages…when you’re making attempt after attempt…waiting for your will to be done, doubting if the evocation even worked, or doubting if the spirit even agreed to assist you with your request because you cannot see or hear them. Thank you again to @AdamThoth for finding out for me if i had even made contact a few days ago…but when you aren’t able to really communicate…its difficult to tell if the spirit you are talking to has even agreed to help you…assuming you successfully called it. I feel like once ive moved past this stage, ascent is a smoother ride, because you no longer are in the “is this even real?” phase. I got into magic because i had no other options left to create the kind of changes i wanted to see in my life, and although i have seen/experienced some strange things…im not 100% at the point yet where i can say “yeah this shit is damn real”. My question for the more experienced magicians here is…how did you get past this? What got you through? And at what point where you able to say to yourself “yeah, this shit is real and powerful”

7 Likes

I am somewhat in the same boat. I am surrounded by people who aren’t into magic, and I doubt myself on the daily. I am waiting for a breakthrough too. I am no help to you, but you aren’t alone in wanting more. I would love to know for certain that I can do these things. I know others do, and that for them it is real. I want my turn to see it. I will wait for someone cool to come clear thing up for us.

4 Likes

Getting past it means feeling like a complete fool while doing it feeling like a fool afterwards and finally feeling like a fool for doubting yourself when you see amazing results. The biggest obstacle is doubt, doubt is the deal breaker.

Many people quit because they don’t see real results right away but the moment you let go of doubt and go for it with belief things will happen for you.

10 Likes

That is the most helpful wonderful advice ever! That is going to make my life so much better knowing that! OMG! I can’t wait to go feel stupid!!! Thank you so much for that beautiful answer Adam Thoth, and to Verdo for asking what I have been dying to know. :smile::smile::smile:

2 Likes

A question. Do you believe we are all lying when we tell our stories? Certainly not.

If you have faith that some of us aren’t lying, then the answer is already within your grasp.

The universe is so vast and nature is just so weird. Imagine for a second walking around town with a friend being normal. Normal? You are walking around a man made town, made by humans who have been on this planet for millions of years. The planet is a huge mass flying around the biggest inferno you can imagine … and THIS IS NORMAL?

Let go of the chains that bind, for they aren’t truly there. Your chains have been thrust upon you as a concept only. There is no normal. This whole thing is downright strange. The whole universe is just made up of loops of energy and is just a gigantic hall of mirrors.

Directed will is what allows you to navigate through your life. Directed will is magick.

Now direct your will to summon up the entity that already haunts your thoughts and let it be heard.

Let go, there is nowhere to fall. Nothing to loose.

Trust yourself.

Ra

11 Likes

I’m not a big faith person myself.

When you say you are doubting yourself and the entitys you are trying to work with. What comes across to me is a lack of confidence in yourself and the entitys your are working with.

The more confidence you have in yourself and your work the stronger your magick will be.

1 Like

@AdamThoth I hear you. The difficulty comes from having no solid frame of reference for yourself to be able to quickly cast doubt aside. If all this is truly legit though, its good to know that its not something anyone is able to mentally allow themselves to pull off…because a world with everyone able to curse you for literally anything they please kinda scares me lol

@Wednesday You’re welcome!

@Rahnoren You know, when you’re just starting out, a lot of theories cross your mind as to where peoples posts and successes are coming from. In my heart though, i do generally believe the experiences i read on here…and thats largely due to the fact that i do believe in general that an astral plane exists beyond this one…because as a baptist church minister, my dad has done astral projection/soul travelling many times in his life. He even just came back from doing one last week, If there is one person i know who wouldn’t lie to me able the realities of a world/worlds beyond this one, its him. So he either is suffering from something he isn’t aware of (doubtful) or he’s been telling me the truth. And of coarse, if you are able to believe in the existence of this astral world, that pretty much opens the floodgates to believing in magic…at least for me. I guess my issue is finding that proof in my own life, and believing that i can actually harness that magical power for myself. But im no where near giving up yet. I plan on diving into this more, and pushing my will into this.

@Ozraga Right. Well as i was saying above…the thing about having confidence is that its difficult to really have or manufacture when you have no base to build that foundation from. For example. Its easier for a girl to have confidence in her looks because guys have hit on her in the past, versus a woman who is never hit on. For me, if i can at least have one really good breakthrough, all other operations afterwards would be largely a cakewalk. But figuring out where to pull my confidence from for these initial workings is difficult

5 Likes

If you want some evidence to give you a boost you can start small and easy I recommend seeing Auras . I made a thread here on how to see the aura in under 15 minutes. Need to see it to believe it? See auras in 15 min!

3 Likes

To all of the newbies.
Take it or leave it…My Magickal teacher told me my Apostle was Thomas the Doubter. Doubt leads to questioning, which keeps you sane. It’s called the Psychic Censor.

Magick has two paths, both are difficult. Ours is more dangerous because on our path Magickal grades are recognised, not awarded. Magick requires increasing commitment until your whole life becomes Magickal. It’s a cross between learning a musical instrument and a martial art. On our path it’s a race against yourself. When I was a young teeny-bopper I occasionally met Magicians who seemed to be full of it. Then stuff started happening for me. If Magick is crap, how come every generation has its Magicians – all of them peddling meaningless crap? Why? Some sort of subliminal cheap thrill?

[But just as a digression on highly successful, reprehensibly stupid and mind-numbingly destructive meaninglessness, Xtianity teaches that their god sent himself, to sacrifice himself to himself, in order to save humanity from himself! Well you can’t say their religion isn’t god-centred – and totally fucked-up!]

If I where you I’d be getting an inexpensive, soft cover, ruled page notebook as my first Magickal Diary and then I’d be doing a considered Black & White Mirror (see Psychology: That Old Black Magick). Also, learn and keep performing banishings, because banishing is far more important than invoking. You can use a banishing for all sorts of things. Invoking will also be easier with banishing under your belt. Whatever form of banishing/invoking you use, make sure you “see” your tracings and that they fly to the ends of the multiverse.

Now you’ve got an ‘O! so last century’ paper diary and pen you can get yourself a deck of Taro cards. Take your time. Research different card designs on-line. When you purchase a deck also purchase a 100% natural material – cotton, silk, hemp – and a 100% natural material bag. Wash both of these with water and dry naturally (at night if possible). The cards are wrapped in the cloth and therefore always only ever touch one side of that cloth. The wrapped cards are kept in a bag.

And that’s about as far as most ‘Magicians’ go - wrapped up Taro cards in a bag. E.A. Koetting has addressed how to start to familiarise yourself with the meaning of the cards by reading the horrid little booklets which come with most decks. I agree with him but let me say this, “Symbols are easy to come by; any system can be used – the difficulty lies in forging the magic link…It [the symbol] should become a basis for lateral thinking (or intuitive guesswork) rather than as a final answer to be mechanically interpreted.” Liber Null (Liber LUX Divination) Peter J. Carroll

The divinations of the Officer, the Digger, the Statesman and the Whore differ. They ask questions according to their expectations. Not so the Magus!

“The answers to one’s questions in divination are not conveyed directly but through the medium of a suitable series of symbols. These symbols must be interpreted by the diviner in terms of his problem.” Aleister Crowley Magick Part III Chapter 18. It begs the question as to why someone else’s interpretations deserve your attention. Those beginning in divination should at least initially work out their own understanding before programming someone else’s ideology into their head. After all, someone had to write the first Tarot or I Ching book and where did they obtain their arcane knowledge? From the same place you should!

“Meditate long and broad and deep, O man, upon this Wheel, revolving it in thy mind!.. Then, when thou know’st the Wheel of Destiny complete… thou art past through the Abyss.” Aleister Crowley Liber 333 Chapter 78 Experiment with your own methods of consulting your chosen divinatory system. Make notes in your Magickal Diary of divinations you have performed and their accuracy. Only at this point should you purchase other people’s books– because when you are being spoken to by a superior intelligence it’s rude to ask someone else what is meant.

That should be enough for starters. And if you’re not enjoying your Magick - you’re not doing it right!

Al.

3 Likes

Some easy, cheap, tried and tested ways of calling spiritual entities into your life are: first, start performing banishing rituals, then later on invoking rituals. Either acts like a beacon to all spiritual entities. And I said “all”. Really get stuck into it. If you raise a sweat, all the better. The next way is to print Seals off of the internet and consecrate with your appropriate bodily fluids. If you can carry these around on your person, all the better. Making your own - all natural materials - set of chanting beads and then chanting is also a great way of changing your own spiritual frequency. [Favoured lhp bead numbers include 3 X 7 or 9 or 11 or 13. Anyway, that’s for you.]

Getting spiritual interventions is always unbeatable as proof. Crowley reckoned he had (Enochian?) entities chucking stuff at him, which initially was exhilarating but quickly became tiresome.

Al.

3 Likes

Wonderful posts Al. Excellent stuff. Why do I get the impression that by being here you are rebelling against something? I wouldn’t dare reach out to you psychically, so perhaps it is just my imagination. I did read your intro/outro and the word ‘outro’ picked at my curiosity. No need to respond, it is none of my business. Just happy to have you here.

Anyways, awesome post! My journal is rather dusty these days. Thanks for that.