Has anyone done what is described in the Goetia?

@Arabian gave you a good answer to that. If you want a passport quickly you’d be better off with other spirits, like St. Expedite. If you need money for travel, Bune. Et cetera.

If you really wanted to commit burglary, which I don’t recommend, then you’d be better off layering spells with various demons. Not just asking Foras or Bael to “make you invisible” and then go and commit a crime thinking that others literally cannot see you or that you won’t show up on CCTV security footage.

Also, if your goal/desire is “I want a new TV” (for example), there are other ways of going about it. Like rituals for money to buy the TV, or rituals to be given gifts out of the blue. Again, think outside the box.

I have never worked with Foras so I can’t directly answer your question. I have however worked with Bael, most of whose listed powers are to do with making oneself invisible/unnoticed, or to make others uninterested in your affairs. I have used rituals with Bael multiple times to make people forget things I’ve told them (or at least never to bring the subject up again), to make my supervisor at work go from micro-managing me to leaving me completely alone, and to cover up a minor theft (Not proud of this, but it is what it is – and no, it wasn’t walking out of an electronics store with a stolen TV under my arm, it was eating my roommate’s leftover food (lol) which I’ve done a handful of times, am the only possible culprit, and never been confronted about it).

Just an observation if you’ll forgive me saying so, but you seem oddly hostile about the fact that you can’t simply snap your fingers and have a passport appear in your hand or rob a store in broad daylight. I don’t know how long you’ve been practicing, but magick is not like Hollywood magic where you wave a wand and say an incantation and something happens instantly. This hopefully answers your question of “if not then why not?”

You need to build up your own level of power/influence, develop good working relationships with spirits, learn and practice getting into trance and altered states, pouring your entire will into a working, and not doubt or lust for result. And also, reiterating, think outside the box as to how you’re going to achieve your goal.

2 Likes

Just an observation if you’ll forgive me saying so, but you seem oddly hostile about the fact that you can’t simply snap your fingers and have a passport appear in your hand or rob a store in broad daylight. I don’t know how long you’ve been practicing, but magick is not like Hollywood magic where you wave a wand and say an incantation and something happens instantly.

I don’t think I was hostile at all. I was just asking general questions and I wanted to know if anyone had preform these specific acts and got the results that was mentioned in the Goetia.

1 Like

Gotcha. Well, for me the answer is yes, I have gotten results from Goetic spirits. But nothing as flashy as turning into the invisible (wo)man or anything that would get me burnt at the stake back in the days of witch-hunting :stuck_out_tongue:

On articles and videos I’ve read and heard some interpretations… They range from EA’s explanation of treasure = “simple” money, or treasures meant as knowledge, even to the point of an occultist writing that the idea of (for example) Goetic spirits is born out of distorted concepts. If this was true, we would’ve the eggregores case, or at least it’s possible that every thing has different levels/layers of reality.

1 Like