Has anybody else read luciferian goetia or goetic of shadows by Michael W Ford?

I’m finding some things a touch confusing here- wondering if anyone else has read one of these titles.

2 Likes

I have luciferian goetia, it’s currently in a box in storage collecting dust. Ford’s books tend to be confusing because he’s never heard of a copy editor.

1 Like

Yes typos aside- statements like “the evokation circle should face” east is naturally confusing… it’s a circle… how can it face anything. There’s been other random things I’ve posted here in hopes for clarification. Another in the times to evoke section is- and this I did post although I didn’t give an author- “presidents may be called anytime except twilight or at night unless the sorcerer calls forth one of the four kings” well to my simple mind that’s open to interpretation “except twilight OR AT NIGHT” is that to say not to call upon them at night unless… that wording can be taking two ways to me. Don’t know maybe just me. Also don’t know where the dates and planets come from.

1 Like

Being a huge fan of Peter Carroll, do whatever gets you in the mood. Details are not important

2 Likes

That’s what I gathered from my inquires here. Peter Carroll. Huh. Have to check him out.

He wrote great books on chaos magic, I recommend liber null and psychonaut

1 Like

I just find myself very interested in goetia because the attributes of the spirits are described so in depth

I read Maskum Hull which I liked but I didn’t even know he had written a goetia. I would be very curious to the contents of that work. I may have to look into it.

1 Like

Personally I’ve never heard of him either but will definitely look into. Not sure if he’s written a goetia either. However all these different authorships of different goetias leave me with the question aren’t they all really the same? A description and sigils of the 72 “spirits of Solomon”. I realize the original translation from Eliphas Levi of the Legementon so is there really a huge difference?

Yes - my basic theory on why is that what you believe may affect the manifestation, and therefore, how the spirit appears and reacts.

You know how, to get online and view a website, you need a program called a browser?

You can set browsers to make all the text on sites come out a specific way, you can block javascript (which gives a lot of the interactive functionality & other aspects on a web page, and blocking it can totally cripple the way some sites display) - and the belief you take into any magickal interaction seems to be like that.

It seems to affect what kind of manifestation you get, including limiting some of the ways the spirit will act, or what it will say to you.

Note that even with 25+ years experience in magick, I’m still only saying “seems to be” because I wouldn’t presume to know it all.

So, belief isn’t a passive thing, in magick - it can affect what you get delivered to you.

This site has a clear comparison of the different descriptions from grimoires of the very same being: LittleDoomWitch - Buné

Check the link for “Demons” in their menu for more comparisons of the very same beings as seen by different magicians.

I covered some of the reasons a spirit may appear differently in this post:

1 Like