Goetia Pathworking modified method or the way I perform an invocation Ritual

This is the way I modified Goetia Pathworking method by Corwin Hargrove to suit my way.
All you need:

1. First of all you need to gather information about Spirit that you want to call.
  2. Altar candle (white or purple, it’s up to you, In my case it is a need, my room is very dark), incense, a candle for the spirit ( both incense and color of the candle according to spirit correspondences), a white paper on which you have already written your petition, sigil of spirit, and Pathworking written on a piece of paper ( if you can memorize it, that’s ok). Pathworking is taken from Goetia Pathworking by Corwin Hargrove.
  3. Optional, you can use another candle/candles according to your desire, for example, you want to call Sabnock to reverse a course, you use purple candle for Sabnock, and you can use a red candle with your name written to “reverse curse”. If you petition is for someone else, then write his/her name on petition candle.
  4. Relax, breathe deeply, do it as usual (do it your way). When you feel ready, light the altar candle. I consecrate the spirit candle first, light incense, gaze the sigil, and recite pathworking, phrase by phrase, slowly, breathing and calling spirit’s name on my mind, after finishing Pathworking, I chant spirit’s Enn(three times), afterwards I call spirit’s name (three times). Light the spirit candle, welcome him/her and thank him/her for his/her presence. Then I consecrate the another candles (petition candles), write name on candles, ask spirit for help, light the petition candles, read petition out loud and burn it. I think of my desire, I even talk to the spirit, I thank him/her for helping me, dismiss him/her, and that’s all. I let the candles burn down.

the way I consecrate candles:
I take all candles in my left hand, draw a banishing inverted pentagramm ( dagger in my right hand) in the air and say something like: " Creatures of magick, candles of paraffin and wick , I make all you free and pure to serve my purpose in the name of Asmodai, Daemon of flames, Lord of Fire"

Then, I take candle by candle, holding the candle in my left hand, draw an invocation inverted pentagramm (dagger in my right hand) in the air and say ( for example the spirit candle, let’s say Sabnock ): " I consecrate you as an offering to Sabnock, then I chant Enn (three times) while still holding candle with my left hand, Tasa Sabnock on ca Lirach."
for example for petition candle, red candle to remove and reverse a curse, I do the same process but I say something like: " red candle, I consecrate you, in the name of (person’s name, yours or someone else’s), in the name and power of Sabnock , remove any curse from (person’s name) and return it to sender" finally I chant spirit’s Enn (three times) while still holding the candle, Tasa Sabnock on ca Lirach.

Any question?

5 Likes

Pathworking is meant to be simple. Why complicate it with things that are unnecessary (candles, tools, enns, etc)?

6 Likes

I know that is supposed to be “simple” , but I think I need that kind of psychodrama, at least for now, perhaps as I get more confident I will make it simpler and simpler.

3 Likes

hello, I have had a little improvement, I already perform this ritual with less “psychodrama” but all of this is thanks to Papa Legba. I have stopped consecrating candles, and when I “relax” to call the entity, I don’t really have to make too much effort. But I do something I didn’t do before, I ask Papa Legba to help me, to open spiritual world doors (please, obviously) to make communication with spirit X easier. After finishing ritual, I also thanks to Papa Legba for helping me.

1 Like