Getting Started

I was just watching his video on what he’d say to his 16 year old self.

2 Likes

Oh and… SELF DOUBT IS SELF SABOTAGE AND AN ABOMINATION TO THE PRACTITIONER

6 Likes

agreed brother (can I say that if I’m new?)

1 Like

Yes, you can.

1 Like
  • Get reading material (websites, books, for ideas and inspiration
  • Start working with energy via yoga, kundalini, martial arts or meditation
  • Do meditation as much as possible. At least weekly, daily if you can.
  • Expiriment with anything you can safely (in a legal sense) get your hands on.
  • What works, works.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Thanks for all the tips

Try this it seems to be working out for just about everyone who does it. Cheers!

3 Likes

Meditate, meditate, and when you think you’ve meditated enough…meditate some more!!!

Imo, you should be able to meditate for 10-15 minutes a day for about a month before doing much else.

Welcome!!!

2 Likes

Sorry to say but meditation won’t do much. I know some people who have never meditated but they are quite powerful magicians compared to others doing middle pillar and meditations etc daily.

Practical magic should be the aim !

1 Like

Very valid, some people don’t need to that is true. Just, in my experience, the average person seems to do better when they start there.

But, hey, whatever works right?

If you don’t need to then don’t if you do then do it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

First thing why are you doing magick what are your goals check my post above.
Next pick one area in your life that needs improvement. EA would recommend going up the list from mallows hirachy . Basic survival, then girls then more security connections etc etc.

Learn some basic divination. I use tarot but lady Eva has some oracle technique good for beginners check that out.

Start with small goals and do spells for them, basic candle spells will do like EAs love spell. Any from the ebook. Small successes will build your confidence and motivation and can be built up on.
After that learn basic evocation again start with small goals that are achievable yet slightly out of reach. Make the goals bigger as you go along.

KEEP A JOURNAL!!!
Diary, book of shadows whatever just make sure you document your attempts and the results you’ll look back on it and track your progress and see how far you’ve come.

After that one basic meditation technique to do daily even for 5 mins every day will help you a lot. I use bija mantras and blue ray.

2 Likes

@HellDevil I know this is an old post I’m raising from the online grave but can you give me examples of what you call practical magic?

I would love to be capable of doing everything any other magician can do but without needing meditation.

Magicians sharpens their mind, they concantrates the mind, for gaining power. Meditation is opposite of this, it is no concentration. In meditation, you just watching your thought to separate mind from awereness, until the mere awereness remains.
Concentration is active , meditation is passive side of your consciousness

" To train the mind to move with the maximum speed and energy, with the utmost possible accuracy in the chosen direction, and with the minimum of disturbance or friction. That is Magick. To stop the mind altogether. That is Yoga." Crowley

1 Like

I am talking about dhyana, it is true form of meditation. I don’t know effects of other meditation techniques.

You dont need dhyana (meditation I talked about above) for magic. But practicing it could be useful, you can relax and rest.

1 Like

I’m somewhat maybe okay at relaxing type meditation…very rarely.

But can’t intentionally focus my mind on a visualization, physical sensation, breathing, heartbeat, or the like for much longer than a nanosecond.

However I kinda do that almost unintentionally while reading about it and then mistakenly thinking I can do whatever tutorial I’m reading, I put down the tablet, try to do it, and then get absolutely nowhere.

For example, I could be reading something online that says something like
(“close your eyes and breath in slowly. Now visualize an apple. What color is it? What shape is it? What do you hear? Now imagine touching this apple while standing on the beach”).
Now while reading that or something similar, it seemingly works great like a guided meditation and I’m actually successfully doing it (minus the closed eyes part)

but then I try to put down my device and do it more intentionally and in full immersion and instantly find myself nowhere near even able to begin and I have no idea why.

1 Like

You can begin visualisation training. Even a few second blurry visualisation is a success for a beginner. Step by step you will learn hold images longer and you will visualise clearer. Like building body muscle, build your magical muscle step by step.

After the images, there are hearing, touching, smelling, tasting visualisations

1 Like

I’m great at visualizing clearly and for several minutes but not when it becomes a meditation.

Not when trying to add immersion and or the other four senses.

I can visualize an object such as an apple or a banana very clearly but then it all just falls apart when adding other sensory details, a background, and or just imagining myself inside my visualizations.

I can visualize the apple but I cannot hold the imaginary apple in my imaginary hands while standing in the middle of an imaginary beach.

And I cannot make myself feel the physical sensations of holding the visualized apple or standing on imaginary sand.

I can’t really taste imaginary food very clearly either.

As I said, you should progress step by step. Your visualisation is like body muscles. You are just forcing your visualisation into what it can’t take. It is a natural process.

1 Like

Alright.
Actually, as of… can’t remember if it was yesterday or this morning but I suddenly got a lot better.

Although I can’t get very far with simple object visualization yet,…

Somehow I can almost perfectly visualize myself touching the sh!t out of specific people on YouTube for like several minutes pretty easily.

So now I’m starting to figure out how to begin getting better and yes I plan on taking your advice of one step at a time. Thanks.

If I can keep progressing like that, I might even accidentally create thought-forms.

1 Like

I’m still figuring out what my visualization skill CAN take though.