Getting hired

I had a job interview a week ago and it went well, and they said my staffing agency recruiter would contact me back within 3 days to say if got hired. Don’t hear anything from him after 3 days so I called him up and he told me that while the company is very interested in me they can’t hire me until they get approval from upper management, so it’s indefinite at this point when or even if they’ll hire me.

This is a job a really want to get. It’s in town, the pay is good, it looks good on my resume, and a good friend of mine is working there. Sorry if this sounds noobish and I know there’s similar threads on this already, but I’d like to hear some ideas of what a good simple magickal workings to attain this might be.

A couple weeks ago I did an inverted cross tarot reading for my job hunt situation, and go the Princess of Disks as the weapon, so I’ve been keeping that card on my altar and meditating on it frequently. I also have a couple green candles so I was thinking I could put the card under the candle while doing a simple candle spell.

The linked sigil exercise WanderingFool posted looks interested, but where I want to work is a secure facility and I don’t want to look like a weirdo gathering dirt from outside the supervisor’s office.

You could make a mini altar for your desires. I’ve never done it myself but Basically you take things symbolizing the place, company logos, pictures of the place and things like that and place them all on an altar just for getting that job. I’ve heard of people making fake payroll checks from a job they want and putting that on the altar as well. Get these items and focus and concentrate on your desire while looking at the pictures and handling the items on the altar. Try to create a bond with the job.

1 Like

Alright, I heard one of the best tips on dealing with this, since you have a good friend in the company, you need to make sure he or she takes a copy of your resume and puts it on the desk of HR and says, “I don’t know if there’s a position open for this guy, but this is a friend of mine and he’s good, can you PLEASE at least look at this resume” and leave it on their HR desk.

You have to follow up and be eager, and it’s not so much about what you know as much as who you know. This is the easiest way in I can think of with mundane means, but it is not all the advice I have to give you.

You can also open the sigil from the third book of the abramelin mage chapter 28 square #1

Open this before setting out on your venture (and generate the feeling of having acquired the job in question and impress that upon the sigil during the opening), fold it in your pocket or wallet I hope. Then see if your friend can walk in your resume and put in a good word for you. The combination of the two should be very helpful.

(Link)
[url=http://hermetic.com/crowley/aa/abramelin3.pdf]http://hermetic.com/crowley/aa/abramelin3.pdf[/url] (chapt 28, square #1)

E.A. has said you can open this sigil and use it to hunt for jobs.

I think you should hunt this one down if you want it.

Trying to combine magickal and mundane methods is most effective, because whatever magick you do you have to keep in mind you have to take advantage of some opportunity and that can present itself in a lot of ways. You might as well take something that gives you something in the mundane world, and supercharge the ability it will be effective.

First comes the ritual, then comes the work.

P.S. If you can find the HR director’s name out, it would help you out a lot, get creative with it from there, that’s just for extra oomph.

Best of Luck,
-Frater Apotheosis

1 Like

[quote=“Frater Apotheosis, post:3, topic:1189”]Alright, I heard one of the best tips on dealing with this, since you have a good friend in the company, you need to make sure he or she takes a copy of your resume and puts it on the desk of HR and says, “I don’t know if there’s a position open for this guy, but this is a friend of mine and he’s good, can you PLEASE at least look at this resume” and leave it on their HR desk.

You have to follow up and be eager, and it’s not so much about what you know as much as who you know. This is the easiest way in I can think of with mundane means, but it is not all the advice I have to give you.

You can also open the sigil from the third book of the abramelin mage chapter 28 square #1

Open this before setting out on your venture (and generate the feeling of having acquired the job in question and impress that upon the sigil during the opening), fold it in your pocket or wallet I hope. Then see if your friend can walk in your resume and put in a good word for you. The combination of the two should be very helpful.

(Link)
[url=http://hermetic.com/crowley/aa/abramelin3.pdf]http://hermetic.com/crowley/aa/abramelin3.pdf[/url] (chapt 28, square #1)

E.A. has said you can open this sigil and use it to hunt for jobs.

I think you should hunt this one down if you want it.

Trying to combine magickal and mundane methods is most effective, because whatever magick you do you have to keep in mind you have to take advantage of some opportunity and that can present itself in a lot of ways. You might as well take something that gives you something in the mundane world, and supercharge the ability it will be effective.

First comes the ritual, then comes the work.

P.S. If you can find the HR director’s name out, it would help you out a lot, get creative with it from there, that’s just for extra oomph.

Best of Luck,
-Frater Apotheosis[/quote]

My friend already put in a good word with the boss for me before the interview, and he’s done pretty much everything he can to help me get on board. The supervisor who interviewed me also said he liked me and would be willing to hire me, problem is someone higher up the corporate ladder is cock blocking me for some vague reason. My staffing agent said at the last minute that they have to have to get authorization from the corporate office before they hire another aircraft mechanic, which sounds very fishy because they said they were really needing another mechanic since they have a huge workload and get me into an interview the next day, then suddenly after the interview they say they may not need one.

I’ve started doing candle magick last night but I’ll check out the Abramelin squares. I know a lot of magicians say they’re “dangerous” for a beginner but fuck it, I’ll use whatever magickal power I can get.

Wow! Don’t make it harder than it is bro. Just charge a sigil of Bethor. That always worked for me.

2 Likes

Footwork helps but there is the idea also that meddling too much can get in the way of the working. Letting things happen naturally can sometimes turn out for the best when dealing with magick. It seems like you’ve done every possible thing and then some for this though. :slight_smile: Can’t wait to hear how all this pans out. Sounds promising for you.

Well I’m happy to say that it appears my candle magick for getting hired at this company has bore fruit. I got hired for a similar position at the company today. While it’s a temporary contract that won’t last longer than 6 months the pay is even better than the position I original applied for, and hopefully it will open the door to a more permanent position at the company.

Thank you all for the input.

1 Like

Never mind. Turns out it failed miserably after all.

Just as soon as I get a great job to feel proud of it gets taken away from me, for no reason other than “we don’t feel you have the skills we need”. So I just signed a new six-month lease on my apartment here and made a major purchase yesterday, so now I’m in even worse financial shape than 2 weeks ago.

I feel like complete fucking shit right now. I seriously don’t know how I’m going to get through this.

1 Like

That’s magic. You get what you ask for. You could use it to get a hired as an airline pilot thought you’ve never flown a plane before … maybe. But then what?