Fellow Aphantasiacs experience and solutions

Hi!

So I don’t know how many people here have a weak mind’s eye(the most common being just seeing the back of your eyelids with no image forming) but I’d like to start this topic in order to find ways to at least find a way to overcome this condition.

Based on a research by “AphantasiaMeow” on youtube(search him for his experiments), there are several levels of this and it is treatable.

[Mod edit: Link removed.
Per BLAG rules, please refrain from posting links to external sites with commercial functionality including Donate buttons … thanks! M. ]

The levels are:

Phantasia(Normal, can visualize an image)
Hyperphantasia(Ultra Vivid visualization)
Prophantasia(Projecting what we are visualizing to reality itself, this might be the goal we want)
Aphantasia(No images, no nothing)

Link: Do I Have Aphantasia!?!? - MUST WATCH - YouTube

Can anyone offer any more experiential information on how your visualization affects your magickal practice? And how did you overcome this condition if you actually have it and how long.

Maybe we can use this thread to help other people that have this condition(such as me haha).

I’ll start with my own experience:

I have a really weak mind’s eye, If i visualize anything, it’s just a flicker of that thing I want to visualize with little to no detail, like just a shape of what I would see. Manifesting with this still worked though but I found that it was very inaccurate(If I visualized a red pyramid for example, I’d get a gold pyramid when it has already manifested and even then, it’s just a picture I would manifest, not the actual thing I wanted).

1 Like

@anon97554939

2 Likes

Candle meditation might help, place a small colored candle before a dark mug.

It doesn’t, at all. I can’t even get after images, it’s not curable as far as I can tell, at least in myself. I spent quite a bit of wasted time trying to learn how to visualize, and like I said- I still get nothing but a blank screen- period. It’s incredibly annoying when someone holds a light right in my eyes, convinced they can make me have after images or see something that I can’t.

I don’t know why we can’t just accept, that man. A few of us can’t be fixed, or at least not be easy/common means, which imop makes it worthless to fix. Being broken makes confirmations easier to receive, because even though I still doubt shit, man if I saw it- I saw it. I didn’t imagine that.

At first I wondered if I could do this, since pretty much every popular thing out there magic wise requires visuals.

Turns out I can do all of it.

Use the word IMAGINE instead of VISUALIZE.

Then remember that you can also imagine smell, taste, texture, and audio. It’s that simple :slight_smile:

2 Likes