Evoking without any ritual tools

If you all would be so kind as to enlighten us with your own personal techniques and experiences on how to evoke entities without any ritual tools.

1 Like

From a more psionic-geared mindset it is possible to evoke with the sole use of energy, but requires mastery of energy manipulation.

I was working with Gabriel last night, and he told me something interesting about the nature of evocation. I asked him if I should make his presence more tangible so he could be more powerful when working with me, he replied:

“Presence is important when evoking, but if you cant make that presence dynamic, it will actually hold the spirit from working.”

Basically, this means that when evoking, we have to balance the spirit’s presence/density of his energy body with the dynamism that will allow such density to be put to use, otherwise we just end with a rock, hard but unable to go anywhere.

If you cant have any tools for evoking rites, you should consider sigil magic. I myself got a great feat from Seere last week, and all I had to do was to open his sigil and strike a deal with him mentally.

3 Likes

The general rule of thumb is that the more concrete the manifestation, the more powerful. You can do it any which way you like, as long as the attributes of the entity have been internalised.

Or soul-travel - pop over to “theirs” instead!

Or using an innocent-looking thing as their physical base. I got away with that for years when I was young…

1 Like

According to my own experience, the best “tool” to make things happen are yourself.

Sigils, rituals, chantings, altars, jewelries or whatever materials recommended by other magicians is more or less a mental preparation to create anticipations of a plausible outcome. None of these “props” won’t work if you lack faith or beliefs in your anticipations and whoever you want to call forward.

That’s the beauty of magic. You can even create your own techniques, methods and “standards” if you take that first step.

1 Like

Or soul-travel - pop over to “theirs” instead!

Or using an innocent-looking thing as their physical base. I got away with that for years when I was young…[/quote]

Yeah, thats an even better option if he can actually do that

The most “props” I am ever willing to use is a circle and maybe a piece of jewelry. I have learned that the more props I use, the WORSE results I actually get because I get too focused on the physical aspect of the ritual, rather than the outcome. Some of the best results I have gotten is just me, with zero props, lying in my bed in darkness and repeating their name over and over while willing the being to come and losing myself in the moment (ironically having a naturally short attention span helps since I lose myself into the experience very easily). This method I have had some powerful experiences including but not limited to, physical vibrations, extreme temperature drop (from warm room to bony chilling cold in a few minutes after beginning), swirling imagery, or images that pop into my mind, a common one being an eye or face, either humanlike or very animalistic. The most intense experience being seeing a giant eye bigger than my body looking down at me during evocation, and later that night having something walk ontop of me and physically hold em down in my bed forcefully (would try to get up, it would yank me back down). Last night for example I summoned two beings, the first one came about so powerfully, that my body felt exhausted and I had slight pain in certain areas, the room was also very very cold. After I had told it to depart, the temperature went back to normal, but I felt like I was being watching and these pair of eyes keep popping into my mind constantly for the rest of the night and their name would not leave my head no matter what I did for example watching some tv shows.

The point of all this is that tools are not necessary if you understand how evoking works and are able to use your energy and willpower to get your mind into the right state for it.

HAHAHA, I loved that part the most. Its always funny when something supposed to be a pain in our asses becomes actually of some good value.

If I may ask, do you have any difficults to recall the experiences due to that condition?

1 Like

HAHAHA, I loved that part the most. Its always funny when something supposed to be a pain in our asses becomes actually of some good value.

If I may ask, do you have any difficults to recall the experiences due to that condition?
[/quote]

lol, I am glad you enjoyed my ramblings. My memory is very selective, it all depends on how interested I am in the topic, and ontop of that due to focus issues I have spent most of my life forcing myself to focus and remember a lot of details to keep my self from losing control over whats happening around me. So I actually remember quite a lot about my life from even a very early age, since I sort of obsessively made sure to remember things. Then again, if I deem something as boring mentally, you can be sure I will miss the entire experience and not remember a second of it, lol, which made certain classes in school very hard to handle.

My point is since I am extremely interested in the occult and working with spirits, every moment of my life that has anything to do with that, I make sure to try and remember it in great detail, so even if in the moment I am just ‘going with the flow’ in a manner of speaking, my subconscious is making sure to record everything that happens. Frankly I feel like the way my brain works is terrible for the modern day world and being a productive clone of society, but in the magickal sense, things come and happen much more easily for me than some regular people, at least from what I have seen.

I think that as a result of the anti Christian sentiments running through occult communities, prayer is so often overlooked or seen as groveling/weak. Personally, prayer and/or song have the been most effective means of drawing down spirits. Physical offerings and other bases are enormous pluses.

If I may ask, do you have any difficults to recall the experiences due to that condition?[/quote]

lol, I am glad you enjoyed my ramblings. My memory is very selective, it all depends on how interested I am in the topic, and ontop of that due to focus issues I have spent most of my life forcing myself to focus and remember a lot of details to keep my self from losing control over whats happening around me. So I actually remember quite a lot about my life from even a very early age, since I sort of obsessively made sure to remember things. Then again, if I deem something as boring mentally, you can be sure I will miss the entire experience and not remember a second of it, lol, which made certain classes in school very hard to handle.

My point is since I am extremely interested in the occult and working with spirits, every moment of my life that has anything to do with that, I make sure to try and remember it in great detail, so even if in the moment I am just ‘going with the flow’ in a manner of speaking, my subconscious is making sure to record everything that happens. Frankly I feel like the way my brain works is terrible for the modern day world and being a productive clone of society, but in the magickal sense, things come and happen much more easily for me than some regular people, at least from what I have seen.
[/quote]

I think we have things in common :D, my mind in its day state is quite over active always “searching for distractions” but i do consider that i have pretty nice long term memory. Sadly my short attention span makes things like reading slow for me… Well especially if its something like general introductions even if its about magic, but if its not for me personally like a personal message i find myself harder to concentrate… Even the longest messages here, even if they had some really interesting stories i just find it hard to read a long public message.

School is a good keyword regarding this, maybe that’s one of the thing that caused our attention problems - so much boring stuff that you have to distract yourself with all kinds of random thoughts to stay alive.

I keep a separate pocket knife on me just for rituals, an xl cold steel folder. From there, I just represent the elements, a match, some water, some salt and a feather ideally. At a bear minimum, I always have the aces of the minor arcanum handy.

For me, I have had varying success using many “props”, but have found the most profitable being straight out asking for a spirit/entity to manifest - along the lines of “prayer” that Euoi is referring to - out loud & straight forward. You def have to get into the zone for this to work, but for me it has proven by far the most consistent method of success.

I don’t ever give my full procedure to anything but moonlight, bonfire, stone circle. You can figure it out :wink:

I am currently trying to minimize my need of implements. No robe, no circle, no atahme… The goal is to only need myself in the end and have the mastery of evocation on my fingertips. Has anyone of you succeeded?

I have done some evoking on the fly without ritual stuff. One experience stands out the most.

I was at work and I found out one of my friends was in legal trouble, facing minor jail time and fines misc. military punishment etc. I wasn’t sure as to the details I just knew this dudes fate was being decided by the higher ups as I was going about the day.

I did not know what to do so I started pacing around. After a few minutes I remembered something about Belial helping people out with legal matters. So I kept pacing and pacing repeating the entities name in my head many many times working myself into a fairly potent state. When I started to hear a voice I asked that my friend be absolved of this trouble. The entity said the decision was too far along so we talked it out and the entity went off to do something to sway our higher ups opinion and give the guy a lighter sentence.

What eventually ended up happening is my friend got kicked out of the military, that ended up being his only legal repercussion. He found a civilian job in a few days later and is living well.

As an aside he didn’t especially like the military and being away from his wife so getting out didn’t hit him hard.

I also do rituals with minimalist ritual implements. Generally my hand as an athame and a piece of paper with a sigil is all I need. I may use a candle for different entities and my garb when I am doing any workings in a casual setting is merely an unbuttoned shirt because I associate that with doing occult stuff and i get into the mindset easier.

My method requires quite a large area, perhaps like a house, you make an offering or sing a hymn to the deity and try stare at a single point in the TGS, then leave the room.
However long you leave is up to you it could be minutes, hours, days or weeks depending on your purpose, but the idea is not to enter the room again until the time comes. When you are outside, imagine said room is filling up with the entity and its pressence is saturating the area only you can’t see it.
The difficult part is building anticipation within yourself so that instead of using non attachment or some other emotion to evoke, you use anticipation/fear/excitement. If you do this well, you’ll be able to feel the pressence of the spirit outside the room and when you want to enter the room again, you’ll feel a sharp pressure as you touch the door handle. Its okay if you lose your nerve, the pressence will be stronger if you wish to enter but change your mind as you are about to enter. The longer it takes, the better all relative to the overall though. Don’t lose the excitement.
Did this once, most physical manifestation of a spirit I have ever seen, house was possessed. Doors slamming and things moving for atleast two days after the spirit had left, even with multiple excorcisms. Visitors and animals could pick up on something,
Good method, shitty clean up though.

As others have mentioned in the past, it is possible to evoke without ritual tools because the tools themselves have no actual power, they are merely a means of focus. Giving the magician something to concentrate on to ingrain the task at hand into their minds. Some people do need tools to evoke because they may have racing thoughts or a wandering mind and may find that simply being in the dark with only their mind to serve as a gateway to spirits, is ineffective because the blackness of their mind gives them nothing to focus intently on.

So for some, the tools are something they can physically touch to serve as reminder what they are doing and the purpose of ritual, or if the tools are associated with a specific entity, each time the magician touches one he is reminded that it is (fill in the blank) that he is supposed to focus on. While on the other hand, many find tools to be a distraction because the very motions and thought processes needed to pick up the tools and interact with them can activate your conscious mind again, pulling you up out of your trance and back to the mundane world.

So it depends on the magician, but evoking without tools is possible. You just need to make sure your mind is clear and that you can hold focus. Open your chakras, meditate, and do clairvoyance exercises to heighten your senses as best you can before attempting to evoke without any tools.

I’m still trying to clear the difference between invocation-evocation in my mind.What exactly evocation means?If you know that the entity is there and you can feel his presence what more you have to do so you can say that it was an evocation and not an invocation?

Evoking bringing the spirit into the smoke in front of you. Invoking bringing the spirit or it’s energy into you.