Evoking Spirits without Magical Circle (Question)

Has anyone tried to evoke spirits without using a magical circle and if so what did you use in its place?

1 Like

Enn and sigil

or just sigil

3 Likes

Yes, nothing in it’s place. I’ve rarely used a circle personally, though if you hit up the search function this gets asked a lot and you may find the circle isn’t exactly what you think it is in some traditions, it’s more about a place to pool the power and energy than a safety net. Granted I could be recalling incorrectly, so a hit of the search function could probably help you more as I don’t generally use them, and not because I think it will keep me safe-ever.

4 Likes

What’s Enn?

Thank you. I must say I am very apprehensive about performing an evocation without the circle but reading that has given me a bit of comfort. I have however read in the Lesser Key of Solomon that the circle that he made was to protect him “from the malice of these Evil Spirits”. What then protects you “from the malice of these Evil Spirits”? I will definitely do some more searching on this topic here. Thanks.

Lol myself and my energy. It sounds a little vain, but if you are able to maintain operatorship and know what your limits are, use discernment and learn to know when spirits are pushing just to see if you’ll jump when they tell you, you’re probably fine without anything aside from your will and the ability to say no.

If you struggle to say no in real life however, I would take extra precautions when it comes to spirits. Even the good ones, will fck people over just because they can, if you allow it rather than maintaining who is in charge, who summoned them up etc.

Otherwise I created a servitor to help newbies (or anyone for that matter, I use her also for quick and easy banishment like once a month or so just to reset things around me) that lack that discernment and want to be safe as well. She has the discernment that some of us lack, and won’t allow you to summon anything that isn’t exactly what you intend to summon, she can also shield and ward you against posters and parasites and evil spirits.

I don’t really subscribe to the evil spirits thing however, every entity I’ve come across has as much ability to harm as they do help, and I know angels that will take down enemies for summoners so. I personally think the evil word- is subjective :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Thank you. I really appreciate your help. I will also take a look at your post about about the servitor. :+1:

1 Like

This ^

Pro tip: Don’t call “evil spirits”, then?
If you’re calling Goetic entities, they aren’t evil, so you don’t have anything to worry about.

You manifest what you think you will, because you are the operator making this happen - if you call “evil”, you’re going to get it. Don’t do that to yourself. I suggest the attitude you want is that they’re “useful” or “helpful”.

Look up “demonolatry” via the search at top right.

8 Likes

Yeah, I felt a little silly saying it that way and was like nah. That’s exactly what it is, other than when I’ve provoked another practitioner, I’ve never had any issues with summoning the wrong things, and I think it’s my attitude when I go into ritual. (pretty sure honestly)

Even when I had issues with another practitioner, it didn’t affect my summoning, I just found other things lingering outside of my wards, killing my kitten and bull shit like that when it overflowed around me. I also had someone essentially stalk me from here and try to influence my cards also but I picked up on that and they were banned not too long ago for weirdness towards womens.

But either way, even those random odd, no way that shit can happen stuff, didn’t effect my ability to summon and operate- and it pinged my radar as something something not right here…

6 Likes

I dont use anything just focus on the spirit. Sometimes I will use and enn or one of VKs chants. They usually appear when I call their name.

Cheers,
Duchess

6 Likes

Be polite to the spirits you call. Also work on changing your mindset. I was terrified when the Primordial Gods showed up to me but they were patient with me and if you’re respectful, the spirits you call on will be the same with you.

That said, banish before and after the ritual to remove any low vibrational entities and/or spirit residue

6 Likes

If I evoke an entity that I haven’t before, my attitude is one of business. I treat them as a potential business partner. This means respect for them (not being an asshole) and respect for myself (not submitting to them). Applied, they and us are as equals. That’s always worked excellent for myself.
Edit: I don’t use a circle often. Never seemed to bother the Summoned or myself.

7 Likes

I use circle when working with someone new. Removes/blocks imposters and that way I get a feel for the energy and whom im calling to. After that I dont bother much with a circle unless im cleansing my space area.

3 Likes

Yes, nothing or a belt or series of belts.

1 Like

i do so through scrying into darkness and a rattle, once you learn to see into it, it’s not that difficult to pull things out from within it. casting a circle isn’t nearly as important as books make it out to be, it’s more important to know how to cleanse a space and have allies at your side.

4 Likes

What are Vks chants?

Thanks for advice.

Thanks.

Here you go. Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Duchess

2 Likes

Think of the circle as this … not only is it a ward or shield, but also a container like a tube with you in the center, or in the multiverse with you in the center of it, pulling spirit down.
Start facing an east wall. Every direction turn should be exactly two steps. Always keep arm and first finger outstretched straight all the way through ten steps, then point arm directly down or downward angle pointing to the floor. Visualize white light.
Start at east, with arm and first finger out, eyes closed. Visualize white energy at that area.
Step to South. Then step to West, then to North, finally back to east.
See the white circle around you, then light drawn down to the floor as you point down.

Note feelings, any other color, etc, after completion in a journal.

2 Likes