EA's Evocation and Opening Sigil Methods

Okay, my experience is that the orisons and recitations are NOT surplus material or extra stuff mixed in by Christian zealots. It seems they do create some subtle structures in the subtle body that favour the success of the operation. What I really want is an opened discussion about the methods, nothing more. I’m not here to cast doubts or stirr trouble, I still asume that no matter what path you choose you still get to ask questions and keep an opened mind.

1 Like

Well I don’t think I’m experienced enough to really have anything positive to say, but I think the stripped down methods will work just fine if not better for some, due to the fact that some people are just more attracted to things that are simpler in nature, but that’s not to say that the original wording don’t have some extra potency. I mean, think about it, how many thousands of magicians have used that system, like in the Goetia for instance? That many people following a system has probably infused it with enough astral energy to where, by following it exactly, your probably connecting to that egrigore-if that’s the right term-and getting some extra juice out of it.

I don’t doubt there is some validity to some of the methods, but when it comes to necessity, I can say that the methods are relative. A person coming from a Judeo-Christian background might have extra power from invoking angelic names, or anyone who is familiar with them and has at least an open mind about their validity. However, this might not be, and perhaps is completely useless to someone who’s king deity is a volcano god.

Also, the spirits of the Goetia are way older than this Judeo-Christian paradigm that the current Goetia is written under. Again, I am not saying they are useless, rather I am saying that this is certainly not the only way to approach them, and probably not even the best. If you hear about some of the violent reactions people have in these encounters, chances are they were following the tradition as it is right now.

If the methods give you power, it’s all good really. The Goetia has proven to be highly adaptable, and consists of entities who seem to get more joy out of putting their power to use than receiving a special incense. These gifts are actually items for you, items that you give out in a ritual fashion to form a closer bond and more fluid relationship with them. They, however, aren’t really getting much other than a closer bond, which is perfect for them because you are now open to the continuous flow of their power, which will flow out into this world. So hell, from that angle gift-giving is a great idea, I just wouldn’t get dependent on it.

I haven’t really gone about any real evocation process, and at this point I can’t even see the entity I’m calling Bathin outside of lucid dreams. For all I know, it can be a succubus, and with the experiences I have had, I am absolutely fine with it. I haven’t been attacked, and despite contrary belief, I have more energy than I have had without her, and what appears to be an overtly sexual nature seems to be geared at empowering my energy bodies. However, I have continued my study of Bathin, chanting with mantric vibration and Tantric energy raising, which is more than I did before. In a matter of 1 day, she came back, and only after getting involved with Bathin’s sigil and attributes.

This isn’t a brag party, and I am quite surprised that I didn’t have to do more to gain contact with a spirit at all, let alone a Goetic. In fact, it seems I did nothing at all initially, and barely more than that this current time around. I have been raised, however, to believe that this type of interaction is actually more human than no spiritual contact, so I am going to be different. You seem like you have a lot of confidence in the methods of Goetia, so if that’s the case you want to invest in getting tools similar to those described in the Keys of Solomon. I can’t really help you with those methods, however, because I haven’t and won’t use them. Rather, I would try to display a focus where the individual, being you in this case, might find a more direct and efficient manner of working not just with Goetics, but spirits in general. Whatever you choose, I hope you are successful.