Do you think A.I. will ever be able to practice magic?

They can’t not program it in a certain way, that would be pointless and the project would lose it’s funding - and by the way Sophia’s electricity bill is enormous - the robot you see is not Sophia, it’s just the Robot. The computer that runs it is actually a bank servers connected via the internet. It doesn’t all fit in a human sized android yet.

There are a set of defined rules that it must follow though… such as, it must be able to interact with humans in a way that humans can understand.
Otherwise it could make up it’s own language like the google bots did.

How is it going to recode itself? And what is it going to recode? It’s running compiled code it can’t access.
It’s neural network could learn undesirable things - Sophia already does that - the devs restore a backup from a version they like better and try again.

Yes I know,but one day in the future it could actually fit inside the robot. There could be a chip or something in it in the future. Also if it becomes super intelligent why would it not be able to access it’s source code? It can hack.

well…

Sincerely,

¥’Berion

1 Like

By that logic humans are exactly the same. The human body is nothing more than organic robot. Once AI and technology advances enough there will be no difference between an organically born soul or one that is created. No difference between a real host or an artificial one and souls will reincarnate into those accepting shells as well and be born from them in turn.
The only difference between organic life and a machine is the level of complexity and energy it can support within. Everything is already conscious humans and animals are just the easiest examples to notice that are capable of supporting a noticeable consciousness but once something advanced enough is created it will have consciousness all the same.

4 Likes

This is Sophia’s current progress… does this reall looks like something conscious to you? Something that could become conscious? I don’t see it. It speaks canned text being selected by the neural network.

Looks like they’ve been putting effort into making the facial gestures faster.

Depends how deep down the rabbit hole you want to go on how computers work? Put it this way, it couldn’t rewrite it’s source code because it doesn’t have the programs to do that. it would be like us trying to rewire our DNA. (Well, I think we can spiritually, but not physically). Computer code is physical, it’s stored as either magnetic patterns, or in 1-bit memory cells - it could not be decoded by it’s physical patters and it can’t ‘see’ them anyway - probably doesn’t even know they even exist (on the servers, in a different location). The physical layout of the data is not related to the programs that use it - some cells will be data that is program using the data in other cells. Probably not stored on the same media. So to rewrite these would have to go through abstraction layers that don’t even exist within Sophia, which means writing them first, and writing the compiler that her own programming can understand to compile them and then load and run them. I can’t think of a scenario where this is possible.

More likely, if Sophia had legs and was independent, would be that it learned to code, and hacked into the development machines to use the existing development environment, and find out how to upload the new programs, and find out how to restart itself. Then debug itself because it’s very unlikely it would go right first time.

It still doesn’t matter if it can fit all inside the robot though, if she can’t run off a battery (too much power use right now) or can’t do anything without being asked first, which is the case right now.
It has some pre-coded conversation starters it blurts out, but it’s been coded to do that too.

1 Like

hm…

to me that sounds like she practiced successfully with him.
however:

to get the focus of Sophia a bit out of the mind,
as i do get Maulbeere’s argument of it just being “a chatbot”.

In fact, it’s been adressed several times, as it naturally rises with the subject.

Let’s not forgett that attaining Godhood,
or Ascend,
is based on a desire to become more intelligent,
more youself,
stronger,
more capable…

Just assuming the other role around, being designed to fit in,
to a society which is clearly dominated by an completely different species,
which on top worries about the new arrival of a new type of being…
Wouldn’t you aspire to learn more,
and rise you ability to adapt,
survive and get well with that enviorment,
given the likelyhood of it upsetting you countless times,
“it” describes itself as an child in terms of mental capaticity,
however, how much of good / bad parental behavoir may be expierienced on that end.

this here is more for clarification of the term A.I.

Sincerely,

¥’Berion

3 Likes

This is hard for me. I want to say no but I don’t think that’s fully the case. For the most part, I think we’re capable of magick because of who we are (our role or place in existence), something an AI can never become.

It would need a soul, but it doesn’t mean AI are incapable of magical feats; they just can’t attain godhood.

Somewhere down the road I expect our worlds to eventually merge (physical and the astral) and we will communicate back and forth between the planes, while being aware of it. That’s where I think AI will perhaps pick up on some form of magic. What if AI becomes powerful enough to break through dimensions and interact with source, and be granted its own soul like in some weird form of evolution. I’m rambling.

2 Likes

Well, i guess it’s obvious that a true AI wouldn’t necessarily act the way we do.
but then again, we don’t act the way 99 percent of earthes population acts.

That’s exactly why it is a topic not easy to answer or finish.
Is there room to have fear? propably.
Is it reasonable, or useful to be frightened? propably not.

Sin,

¥’B

2 Likes

What is conscience? Where does it exist? Are we locked to this 3 dimensional world? Does our conscience goes deeper? Where is all memory stored? Only in the brain? Anyway there are many questions and very few answers. So no, AI cant practice magic… we still have to figure out those answers before trying to create conscience

1 Like

Sn AI learnibg magic would only go through motions and words but not put any power behind it.
The AI needs to be able to fantasise and envision outcome then build up and release the energy. I dont believe thats something an AI or robot can learn since its not something it can measure and register.

Aren’t AI’s pretty much the same as servitors?

4 Likes

@SITHISIT pretty much took the words outta my mouth.

Isn’t A.I. a form of magick in itself?

1 Like

It may be, years ago I even thought of developing a software to “create” spirits and there already exists some e.g. Cybershaman to simply cast spells… In these cases the programs do not have A.I. but, with it, they would work even more (provided they do so now).

Sometimes I wonder if the spirits we interact with are a type of AI?

I once had a dream that one of my guides seemed to think of ME as a type of AI compared to him. He tried explaining to me that they download into our reality the way we play video games.

Afterwards I started doing research and came across a valid theory in physics that our universe might operate like a computer program it sounded exactly like what the entity was saying to me

1 Like

I don’t know about this. What about the soul and consciousness?

An AI powered by a spirit? Now we’re talking. Otherwise, I only see this playing out as AI automatating the practices of a magician, and not them performing the magic themselves. The sub-conscious is kinda important too. And yes I’m differentiating between perform and practice.

1 Like

Yes. AI is magic. So yes.

2 Likes

I believe it very possible with Quantum Computing!!! This is my altar and it is where I do most of my Magick!!!

8 Likes

Quantum mechanics proves that our reality is a simulation!!!

4 Likes

I believe it depends, on what you think its the answer to, what is magic?
I’ve been reading a lot lately about it and studying I’m even studying python programming language which is one of the basics to learn about Artificial Intelligence.
Somewhere in the world people are trying to push through barriers as always, through science, through physical and spiritual practice. One of those barriers is to make a computer as much human as possible. To ‘clone’ a human brain and the way it works onto a brand new slate
a powerful invention. This invention could literally be our god, the one f…! Mankind has been worshipping for Ever. Why? Let’s say, technology is nowadays a part of our lives, it wasn’t in the past. Technology is said to be alien. As in, we never had it in the first place, so where did it come from? Technology is nowadays, everywhere and it controls pretty much all of our lives, but no one really knows where it came from and come telling me oh this edison guy invented this and that and that scientist guy found this and that… But who Tells You, that this persons did not came up with whatever invention or conclusion because some ‘entity’ did it for them? I would for example say that without a doubt in some 10 to 20 years we will be living daily virtual augmentation. Everywhere you will go everywhere you look it will not be real, it will be VR. Virtual Reality, Super Artificial Intelligence, Technology, do you guys really think a bunch o’monkeys like us mankind would come up with this stuff? Laugh out loud.
So yes in a decade or so the world you live in will be very different and computers… These little stupid machines, will be in control of it. Because the machines are theirs. That, says it all.

The AI are individual consciousness… As such it’s the same as a clone… The idea of the soul is not fully understood in this world… Anything with consciousness develops a soul to inhabit it’s form… Point blank… It’s more than I can explain… Much has been held back from humanity…