Did I soul travel or lucid dream?

I just woke up from a nap ( I usually take one after work being I go to work at 4am) and I was having a lot of random dreams and kept waking up but not being able to move so I would just drift off back to sleep.

One of the last times I woke up I thought “what the hell let’s give it a go.”
I tried amethod I’ve heard on here where you imagine you’re rocking back and forth as soon as you wake up but lay completely still.

I did this,closed my eyes,and focused on my breath.

In my minds eye I saw a violet light that began to pulsate and grow bigger and bigger.This is usually what happens when I know a spirit is showing up during evocation.The mirror/smoke begins to manifest a violet light that swirls around and sometimes I’ll see quick images.

But anyway as the light grew in mass my right arm began to get pulled like someone was pulling my arm up and restraining it.I couldn’t move it but didn’t want to because I thought it might be a good sign.(I’ve never soul traveled so I don’t know what to look for).

Next in my minds eye the light went away and I began seeing random images.The only one I remember was a cartoonish looking knight riding a chariot of horses.

All the sudden I looked around and I was at work.
And it honestly felt like I was suppose to be there.
I began walking through the halls but no one noticed me.

I had control of what I was doing but then I thought to myself “Wait I just got off work”.
As soon as I thought this I told myself “Open your eyes”

I opened my eyes not like I was sleeping but like I just had them closed and there I was laying on my couch.

Also I don’t know if this is important but before my nap I had evoked Asmoday for the second day in a row.

I remember some of the actual dreams I had before the other experience seemed to have some meaning but every time I woke up I couldn’t move to write anything down.

Anybody have any thoughts on what happened to me?
The closest I’ve been to being out of body is duringeditation I get visions of being somewhere else and people I know talking toe.Or I’ll get a vision of me where I’m at but doing something like reaching for a drink or standing up and walking to a different room but as soon as I realize it it stops.

Any insight on this would be great.Especially the incident where my arm was being pulled.It felt sort of magnetic.

Thanks

MK

[quote=“Musta_Krackish, post:1, topic:3657”]I just woke up from a nap ( I usually take one after work being I go to work at 4am) and I was having a lot of random dreams and kept waking up but not being able to move so I would just drift off back to sleep.

One of the last times I woke up I thought “what the hell let’s give it a go.”
I tried amethod I’ve heard on here where you imagine you’re rocking back and forth as soon as you wake up but lay completely still.

I did this,closed my eyes,and focused on my breath.

In my minds eye I saw a violet light that began to pulsate and grow bigger and bigger.This is usually what happens when I know a spirit is showing up during evocation.The mirror/smoke begins to manifest a violet light that swirls around and sometimes I’ll see quick images.

But anyway as the light grew in mass my right arm began to get pulled like someone was pulling my arm up and restraining it.I couldn’t move it but didn’t want to because I thought it might be a good sign.(I’ve never soul traveled so I don’t know what to look for).

Next in my minds eye the light went away and I began seeing random images.The only one I remember was a cartoonish looking knight riding a chariot of horses.

And it honestly felt like I was suppose to be there.
I began walking through the halls but no one noticed me.

I had control of what I was doing but then I thought to myself “Wait I just got off work”.
As soon as I thought this I told myself “Open your eyes”

I opened my eyes not like I was sleeping but like I just had them closed and there I was laying on my couch.

Also I don’t know if this is important but before my nap I had evoked Asmoday for the second day in a row.

I remember some of the actual dreams I had before the other experience seemed to have some meaning but every time I woke up I couldn’t move to write anything down.

Anybody have any thoughts on what happened to me?
The closest I’ve been to being out of body is duringeditation I get visions of being somewhere else and people I know talking toe.Or I’ll get a vision of me where I’m at but doing something like reaching for a drink or standing up and walking to a different room but as soon as I realize it it stops.

Any insight on this would be great.Especially the incident where my arm was being pulled.It felt sort of magnetic.

Thanks

MK[/quote]

do an evocation of anything.

Tell me what you see, feel, and hear.

pm me after.

Well I’m sitting here reading the Anthology of Sorcery (Robert Bruce’s article) and I’m hearing banging thumps and clicks coming from my kitchen.

It started right after I got to the part of his article of poltergeist activity and I thought about the weird sounds my apartment makes sometimes and I no more thought that and the noises started…

Myind may just be fucking with me but it would be a hell of a coincidence.

And given my situation I don’t know if it would be a good idea to just evoke “anything”.

I might call on Asmoday again tonight as I’m trying to stickwith just one entity for the time being.

I don’t think that was Soul Travel or Astral Projection. When you AP, you fly out of your body (yes…its a rush!) completely conscious of the whole experience.

[quote=“Musta_Krackish, post:1, topic:3657”]Next in my minds eye the light went away and I began seeing random images.The only one I remember was a cartoonish looking knight riding a chariot of horses.

And it honestly felt like I was suppose to be there.[/quote]

What a waste! You maintained consciousness as you transitioned through the hypnogic stage and into the dream, and wasted a great opportunity for a lucid dream.

Those random images were hypnogogic imagery. These images act as seeds for the dream to come. The moment the hypnogogic stage ends and the dream begins is the moment you acquire a dream body. Sometimes we skip the hypnogogic stage altogether, and the dream seed defaults to the last thing we were aware of, which is being in bed in your room, so the dream recreates that.

It was neither soul travel or lucid, just hypnogogic imagery. It’s a fun transitional stage to mess around with, where a lot of other weird stuff happens too.

So if I get past that stage I’ll possibly have a lucid dream or OBE?

When I asked Asmoday what happened he said it wasn’t so much a project as it was me splitting my consciousness in 2.
Being aware that I was at home but also being aware that I was someplace else.

Any exercises I could do to get this going?

I REALLY have the desire to get this down.

I started a dream journal the other day but only have one dream recorded so far.

Any other advice would be great.

The info you got from Asmoday sounds solid. You’re not actually splitting your consciousness in two, what happens is that you become aware of a transition from state A to B in which you normally lose consciousness before B ever gets in the picture. In the case where you remain conscious of A and do not block the transition into B the worlds merge. I myself often see through my closed eyes when this happens, at first it will just be the room I’m lying but in no time the walls will come alive and after a while the room shifts into places and scenario’s.

At this point you have two options, one is to try and move into the scenes you perceive, but you have to be careful not to wake the body up though. You can do this the traditional way (roll out of your body etc) or try and will your way into the scene (which is likely harder if you are new to this).

The second is to state your intent to lucid dream clearly a few times and just go to sleep. While this feels risky I’ve found that just letting it all go at the right time increases your chances for lucid dreaming significantly.

Anyway. try and enjoy the ride, we’re always wanting more and sometimes we forget we’re exploring parts of consciousness most people don’t get to see until they die :slight_smile:

Almost everytime I’m really tired and go to rest my eyes (no intent of sleeping) I start seeing either scenery (trees and the sky mainly) or I’ll start seeing people that are moving their lips trying to talk to me but it’s like watching a TV on mute.
I don’t know if it’s someone/thing trying to communicate with me or I’m just tired and seeing shit.
But it’s never the same person.
The only time it’s been a non-human entity was a couple of days ago I saw a woman who was blue and had what looked like turban on.
I was meditating at the time and the first thing that popped into my mind was Mepsitahl.
But she looked angry and then held a dog that looked just like mine and it looked dead.She was holding it by one of it’s hind legs and it was just dangling there.
This went on for quite a while until I decided I was done meditating.

Are there any exercises to open my awareness of what these people/things are trying to say to me?
Or a way to project myself into the scenery I’m seeing?

[quote=“Musta_Krackish, post:6, topic:3657”]When I asked Asmoday what happened he said it wasn’t so much a project as it was me splitting my consciousness in 2.
Being aware that I was at home but also being aware that I was someplace else.[/quote]

OK, color me impressed. The act of falling asleep is in fact bi-location, gradually transferring your awareness from point A (physical boady) to point B (the dream). You do in fact split your consciousness in two.

It’s like pouring water from one glass to another. You start with all your water in the physical glass. Then your mind begins to wander as you think about and visualize stuff. You slowly begin to transfer awareness of your physical surroundings into your mental world until the transfer is complete.

That’s not really common knowledge though. I don’t hear to many other humans saying stuff like that besides me. I’m starting to like this Azmodeus guy, that’s not the first time the knowledge he’s passed along has really stood out to me. In fact, I suspect MC Escher was in contact with Asmoday.

I don’t know if this is useful but when I’ve done soul-travel (for example to effect a healing, and the person has confirmed to me that the healing worked and had lasting effects) then the memory of that soul-travel and the things I did and saw feels like an actual memory of doing something in this world, compared to the relative jumble of a dream. And I will have no memory at all of my body in the ordinary reality, even when loud drumming is playing to support the trance.

Sometimes I’m so engaged that the memory isn’t complete and linear (which is why I record them using a voice recorder) but if I recall a fragment of it, the memory’s as vivid as the first day on a new job or anything else that sticks in your mind.

Daydreams, no matter how much fun, are usually more hazy with time, and harder to remember out of sequence - if you asked me what happened just before a real and dramatic event in either real life or soul-travel, I could recall it with relative ease; if you asked me what happened just before something dramatic occurred in a daydream I’d have to backtrack then start re-running it forwards again, because it’s not a real memory, it’s a kind of story that only exists in a linear form.

I hope some of that’s helpful but as with anything about how your mind works, it could be that what applies to me isn’t useful to you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I struggle with this question too, and I think it might be because both OBE and lucid dreaming are on a spectrum, not two entirely separate things.

I do know that when I have these sorts of experiences, I always start in my bedroom while sleeping, and often end up rolling out of my body. Typical projection symptoms, but the experience is so surreal, it’s hard to tell either way.

Obviously what you are experiencing doesn’t seem to be “normal” (rather, what constitutes a normal sleep cycle), so it would appear you’re on the right path for sure. Just keep doing what you’re doing, sounds like your third eye is starting to stretch its muscles.

[quote=“blacklamb, post:11, topic:3657”]I struggle with this question too, and I think it might be because both OBE and lucid dreaming are on a spectrum, not two entirely separate things.

I do know that when I have these sorts of experiences, I always start in my bedroom while sleeping, and often end up rolling out of my body. Typical projection symptoms, but the experience is so surreal, it’s hard to tell either way.

Obviously what you are experiencing doesn’t seem to be “normal” (rather, what constitutes a normal sleep cycle), so it would appear you’re on the right path for sure. Just keep doing what you’re doing, sounds like your third eye is starting to stretch its muscles.[/quote]

This.
I’d say you summed it up pretty well.