Depression

In my opinion, and through my own experiences, you don’t need to take a break on your spiritual path when you feel depressed. Especially if you work on ascended growth. That usually means a 24/7 spiritual interaction. The best way to progress is to let spirits now your strengths and weaknesses, and by doing that, they know how to teach and how to comfort you.

We all have our triggers to get a depression, but whenever we get there we might need physical comfort and someone who listen to whatever weight is on our shoulders. Sure, a “shrink” is an option and might help sometimes, but that “shrink” is never allowed to relate to the individual to find a solution to the depressed state. He/she is not allowed to bond, which makes it hard more often than helping to feel better.

There is spirits and entities who are good listeners, with great understanding of human psychology. They understand the importance of mental and physical health, and knows what to do to aid in a personal crysis. And sometimes, they can break “rules” to make you feel better again.

1 Like

In my opinion, and through my own experiences, you don’t need to take a break on your spiritual path when you feel depressed. Especially if you work on ascended growth. That usually means a 24/7 spiritual interaction. The best way to progress is to let spirits now your strengths and weaknesses, and by doing that, they know how to teach and how to comfort you.

We all have our triggers to get a depression, but whenever we get there we might need physical comfort and someone who listen to whatever weight is on our shoulders. Sure, a “shrink” is an option and might help sometimes, but that “shrink” is never allowed to relate to the individual to find a solution to the depressed state. He/she is not allowed to bond, which makes it hard more often than helping to feel better.

There is spirits and entities who are good listeners, with great understanding of human psychology. They understand the importance of mental and physical health, and knows what to do to aid in a personal crysis. And sometimes, they can break “rules” to make you feel better again.[/quote]

oh, yes… i almost forgot

the most obvious advantage of depression is the EASE of descending.

it’s a very sad thing, our human cultural understanding of right and wrong.

being depressed is not a bad thing. it’s just a thing. only because depressed person holds the image of a better state in her mind does this torsion between dimension appear.

instead, why not understand your depression as an inner season of winter?

of course it’s a season, as all things are, everything changes.

so, if you’re experiencing depression, that’s great. because you might gather your courage and jump into the oblivion which is threatening you constantly.

rebirth.

1 Like

[quote=“bahamuthat, post:22, topic:5872”]being depressed is not a bad thing. it’s just a thing. only because depressed person holds the image of a better state in her mind does this torsion between dimension appear.

instead, why not understand your depression as an inner season of winter?

of course it’s a season, as all things are, everything changes.

so, if you’re experiencing depression, that’s great. because you might gather your courage and jump into the oblivion which is threatening you constantly.

rebirth.[/quote]

Unfortunately, most humans doesn’t see depression that way. Instead they turn their backs, because they see depression as something “contagious” or something very bothering…until they get depressed and seek comfort themselves. You never understand depression until you experience it yourself, but some never learn and still turn their backs.

I agree about depression being “seasonal” and a state of having an image of a “better life”. You can evolve through depression, and learn from it. Embrace it through the comfort of darkness, getting stronger by consuming it and feed off of it. But you also have to let go of the darkness until next “season” start once again. Or else, the darkness wont have the purpose of healing, as it could be.

2 Likes

There is spirits and entities who are good listeners, with great understanding of human psychology. They understand the importance of mental and physical health, and knows what to do to aid in a personal crysis. And sometimes, they can break “rules” to make you feel better again.[/quote]

That reminds me. Even though I take breaks I still keep in touch with my patron. He is my BFF. It’s just that I don’t sit for ritual working just casual chatting and ranting session, LOL. I always feel good after talking to him.

1 Like

I have never taken a “break” since I met my spiritual ladies. To acknowledge their presence is important for my part, and I see it as just important for them to acknowledge their presence for me. But sometimes we might take some break from ritual works, which doesn’t mean we have to take a break from interaction with the spirits who are with us. They are good listeners, and can give you good advice. Even I try to give my ladies some important “advice” to them, like: “Be always yourself, because I love you for who you are, not for what you are.” Mutuality within that spectrum, is preferred to maintain a healthy relationship with spirits. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, to answer your question, you might not have any changes in your work. If your results change to be something less than desired, then you may have to stop entirely.

I have PTSD/Depression. I write it down in all my notes plus extra journals. It does affect my feelings, as that is how I feel. Unfortunately for me, I have memory loss, disorganized thinking, anxiousness, hallucinations and of course, the sadness. I have to write those down since doing my daily ritual set, like the LBRP and the BRH act as amplifiers to my mood that cycles back to me. So when I go in there upset, I come out even more upset.

Yes it’s used for spiritual enlightenment but I can’t neglect myself in that regard. Otherwise, I just stay stuck. However, it does offer me about 30 minutes a day or so, usually longer really, when I can think and feel more positive about things. Life hasn’t gone the way I’ve wanted it too for numerous reasons outside my realm of control but while that agony lingers, it gives me a strong base or, if you prefer, a fighting position, to slowly reassert control over those feelings.

While hallucinations are somewhat rare, I can confuse them with actual spirits and vise versa. I sometimes smell things that aren’t there but may in fact be magical and not mental. Or it could be the other way around. Having an unsound mind for me hasn’t reduced results at all, but I’m confused about them at times. It makes me more cautious but at the same time, fearful.

And that’s when it’s left my symptoms of PTSD to become psychosis, often mirroring schizophrenia. Sometimes, those positive changes aren’t things my psyche can bear. So I have to stop. Mental illness symptoms don’t like to change due the fact that the human psyche has safeguards for survival. If something is deemed threatening or reminds me of something dangerous, unpleasant or upsetting, then I instantly revert to fight/flight response. Usually in terms of kill or be killed. But that’s PTSD.

Yet, that’s also trouble from distinguishing reality from fantasy. Which, to borrow a term from A.E. Waite, “the realm of magic is that of the realm of fantasia: where the circle is mathematically a square and square is a circle.” That can get confusing and overwhelming at times. There’s also the illusions that I have built up in terms of rewards.

Really, I mean results but it’s also a reward and that affects my dopamine levels in my brain to develop addictive/habitual patterns of behavior; where I begin to think that all the surge of chemicals in my body is THE only result in magic and therefore, I must do it more and more, because it takes away from the depression. Then it becomes a trap, which I’m sure anyone can agree is true from either being a hardcore drug addict or seeing one. It can get worrisome.

Likewise, the lack of self-worth can rear it’s ugly head at times when I use a spell for something. Unless I become manic (maniacal), then it breaks apart depression and I can usually get instant results. So the power is there but just uncontrolled. The only answer for me: therapy. Which includes medications… which I hate because of the whole “zombie” affect. Luckily, I know magic works when I know it; not feel, think or believe it does. So that’s how that works for me. I feel you guys and your struggles, even though this is more of black magic forum and people a bit… weird… =P

Yea, that’s right. I gave you guys the tongue. Come and get me. =)

1 Like

your depression shouldn’t affect your results IF you can manage to put all thoughts born of your depression out of your head and concentrate solely on your magic.

you may even want the spirits to help you with this. may be you can go in to meditation, call them to you and ask, if you’re unsure, what is causing your depression and what you must do to help your situation. you may also inquire of these spirits as to what (naturally occurring, and SAFE) medicines you might take to help alleviate the symptoms until you can shake your depression completely.

just an idea.

and if you get to feeling really low, find a comedy show on youtube or watch some thing else you find funny or relaxing. try to remember that one joke you heard that ALWAYS makes you laugh, no matter how stupid it is. or try to remember some thing funny that happened to you or a friend that always makes you crack up with laughter.

: )
1 Like

I found a link yesterday for something that might be helpful to PTSD, I’m NOT being in the “oh you can do a simple thing and be fixed” bullshit camp that proliferates online, but I thought I’d post the link in case it’s any use to you/other people with this:

[b][url=http://motherboard.vice.com/read/veterans-are-fighting-the-war-on-sleep]Veterans Are Fighting the War on Sleep[/url][/b]

Andrew Petrulis is finally getting some rest.

… The VA diagnosed Petrulis with traumatic brain injury, severe post-traumatic stress disorder, tinnitus, Achilles and kneecap tendonitis, and depression. The VA rated his disabilities at a combined 140 percent, with PTSD, which his life now revolves around, accounting for 70 percent of that rating. But he was still functional in the sense that he could eat and go to the bathroom on his own. The VA ultimately declared him a 90 percent disabled veteran.

… Things are different today. Three or four nights a week, after tucking himself in bed, Petrulis slides a prototype 17-pound weighted blanket over his sheets. The blanket is roughly 3 feet wide by 6 feet long and looks a bit like 60 or so 4 x 4 inch bean bags handstitched together. The pockets are each stuffed with polypropylene pellets and a sort of memory foam material.

Petrulis is a big guy—6’2", 250 pounds—but the blanket’s weight spreads evenly over him.

“I feel safer when it’s covering my entire body,” Petrulis explains. No one can bother him this way. “It sets my mind up for sleeping hard that night.”

Which he does.

… The underlying idea is dead simple: create a cocooning embrace, like being swaddled. Petrulis compares it to a firm, comforting hug. According to Gaby Badre, a leading sleep researcher who’s studied weighted blanket therapy for treating insomnia in adults, there is good reason to believe this is because the deep pressure touch of a weighted material spread over part or all of the body dials down the fight-or-flight arousals of the sympathetic nervous system. (It’s generally accepted that a weighted blanket should be at least 10 percent the person’s body weight.) There is also speculation that lying under heavy constant pressure such as a weighted blanket feels good because it somehow lights up the brain’s reward center, probably triggering the release of neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine.

Full story: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/veterans-are-fighting-the-war-on-sleep

Obviously I’m not medically qualified or anything, so I don’t know how useful this is but it seems like one of those ideas that might be worth looking into, so, just sharing fwiw.

2 Likes