Creating a baneful love spell (some advice needed)

In order to learn more about the mechanics of baneful magick, as well as love/ lust magick and because I’d like to learn what makes spells work for me and what doesn’t. Also mainly because I found out I really like designing or redesigning my own spells and rituals to my preferences. I’ve decided to design my own baneful love spell.
Since it’s also a means to be an educational journey, I’m taking it reeeaaaal slow (I’m thinking in terms of years to mold it) but have the goal of eventually designing a love spell for baneful means.

The objective of the spell would be:

• To either make an enemy fall in love with the operator, so they are no longer a threat and are open to easy manipulation. I was thinking the bond should be obsessive, so it’s easier to convert the disdain, or even hate for the operator into an obsessive love thing. That is definitely not without it’s dangers to the operator. A quick, but complete severing of the obsessive bond should also be part of the follow-up of this spell.
  • Or by some alterations make the enemy fall in love with another enemy, so both their attention is diverted from the operator and the bond between the enemies in this case should feel forced and obsessive for both parties, so their bond will have a good chance to have a pretty destructive end the longer it endures. That kind of souring feeling for the other, where you’re not completely sure if you love or despise a person but you know you can’t do without them even though you can’t really stand being around them.

Now does anyone know if such spells already exist, or does anyone have some advice in what directions I should look for inspiration?

2 Likes

I would be super careful with that dynamic and I would build in a self destruct button, if you’re going that route. As dysfunctional and toxic as your enemies might be towards each other: nothing gives a certain sort of people more joy than bonding over a mutual “enemy”. If you happen to be their mutual enemy you might create an accidental and very annoying situation that plays out in their favour :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Hahaha, yeah that is a good tip! Hadn’t thought about the common enemy dynamic, yet ^^
I’m intending the bond severing follow-up for both versions, but a more powerful self destruct button for the latter version is a better idea. Thanks!

…and now I can’t stop giggling about imagining a cartoonish situation in which the spell backfires on me.

1 Like

Yes, Ive seen some in books. I can’t remember off the top of my head, but I’ll look it up and get back to you…

1 Like

Rather than obsessive, I would favor them being submissive, and thus easier to manipulate and control with the bonus that they may very well enjoy the process.

1 Like

Welcome @Neter It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

Hey Neter, welcome here ^^

I just figured this might be easier since I’ll be designing this spell for an enemy that is already a threat or at least is already in the operators face. The target then is already in some obsessive state, plus the hate or some adjacent emotion is easier to convert to something that feels like some form of love or lust. So it’s mainly a matter of twisting and kneading what is already there.
I also kinda like the idea of the target wondering what’s happening, how they got to that state.

That submissive state is safer for the operator, though. Do you know of any spells or mechanisms to turn someone into a submissive state easily even when the target is feeling hostile towards the operator?

1 Like