Converting/introducing clueless friends to the world of Magick

Have you ever had a friend who seems to be on your wavelength, well, he is your friend after all, he’s into manifestation and Law of Attraction studies but you want to tell him to do spells, sigils and evoke and invoke Spirits etc? How do you go about it? Should you try or just leave him to his Law of Attraction books? Thing is

a) He knows you, he knows what you have or have not manifested so he knows your shortcomings. Kinda reminds me of Christ when he said, “Physician heal thyself” **Luke 4:23 or Matthew 7:5 King James Version (KJV) Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye

b) You don’t want to him scare him or freak him out by telling him that you deal with Demons.

1 Like

You can broach the subject as his friend if he expresses interest, but I would not advise trying to preach to him or demand that he has to try spells. A lot of people are fine with general spirituality and manifesting, but will balk at the idea of spirits. It’s important that you are aware that your friend may have zero interest in doing those kind of things. Don’t assume that just because he’s into manifesting and Law of Attraction that he will be interested in consorting with demons.

It’s fine to talk to him about your interests but don’t push it. Let him do his own thing.

5 Likes

Yes I was the same once myself but through various events and circumstances over time (year) after doing sigils, Cabbalah ceremony, banishings, astral projection attempts, skrying, hardcore yoga etc it clicked and then I was able to pursue it full on. It couldn’t be forced. However I must say, some years back I mentioned my interest the occult to the same friend (who is a heavy metal fan which , to me, suggest an openness to magic and demonology) and I received some bullshit tirade befitting of your average dumb fearful hypocritical christian redneck.

1 Like

An important point I think you are missing is that your friend can accomplish just as much, and more, with manifesting and Law of Attraction, as you can with magick. It is basically the same universal mechanism, just minus the dependance on spirits. Demons are not required at all.

You do know Christian metal is a thing, right? Don’t assume that just because your friend enjoys heavy metal that it automatically means he’s open to demons and magick. Most metal bands use the occult simply for show, after all. You are making way too many erroneous assumptions.

To be honest, I don’t understand this need to push the occult onto others. This is not religion; you don’t get brownie points for proselytizing and trying to convert your friend. Just let him pursue his spirituality in his own way. He doesn’t need sigls, or demons, or invocation, etc. Absolutely none of that is necessary.

4 Likes

Well Its upto you if you tell him or not cuz there is a chance that things will not be good between you guys at all.
Personally after i knew it to my core that revealing what i can do or what i do will only bring me complications,
I told my friend who was big time into polythiestic spirituality, manifestation and law of attraction stuff.
Cuz you know how can it hurt I thought he’ll accept and understand this stuff right away if i tell him i though. He is very open minded to say.

But after i explained to him in the most non-koetting way. Things turned bad, He was scared shitless not from the spirits but from me. Man thought i was crazy and that i should get the fyck away from him.

After all this, He was cool with me about stuff except for anything remotely spiritual and things were never same.

And you u know what shocked the hell outta me?
I explained the same way to a non spiritual person. And he was cool with me doing all this stuff. Like normally the other guy wouldn’t let me read any stuff occultish when he is near he constantly checks on me and tries to make me feel wrong. but this guy was cool af with me meditating with chants i found on this forum.

So my view on this is you can’t expect how a person will react even if he is into manifesting and all. I would say it will cause very major change in your relations if that means anything to you.

And after that I never told anyone anything about my workings, I never even talk about spiritual stuff often to my friends and close peope. Its always better to work in silence.

ARD

2 Likes

Is this about you more than him? He sounds like he’s doing just fine. I think this is an interesting thing to reflect on as part of a mage coming to know themselves, under the advice to “know thyself”.

What is not at peace within you that you want to “tell him” to do anything?

There’s a phrase, “Dare to know and to keep silent”. I forgot where it comes from, but it’s not just talking about basic safety, it is speaking to that inner strength that is required to know something amazing and not try to teach it to those who are not ready.

I would say you seem to trust him enough to let him know who you talk to, by name rather than in context as a philosophy at first, and maybe he will ask about working with specific named entities as well and how that works, and if he’s asking questions that specific then he’s ready.

2 Likes

Don’t do it. If you’re here learning, you’re ready to go.
Your friend, having gotten a taste of magick, may later turn out not to be a good friend.

They will come when they will come.

Greetings to you, Dear Sir, or Madam Darkest knight, I know that this sounds silly, but I have been interested in using the law of attraction, especially for the past week or so, could you please give me the steps in a simplified way, because I usually am a little unsure when I google it.

Welcome @Derrick_Castleberry It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

Agreeing with the general consensus here. I feel like sometimes when people are around us that we like or love we want to see them doing the best they can and so really want to share with them ways to improve their circumstances. Often times they aren’t ready or willing to step into the occult or high magick. In many instances it can destroy relationships as those people now begin to view you as dangerous. I have a friend and she has been going through some interesting things. As her circumstances get more serious she has turned to the occult via a spiritual worker. She has been slowly infusing the occult with christianity in order to get out of a legal issue. However, while she is doing candle work, aura work, manifestation work, law of attraction work, psalms spells, using crystals etc. I dare not mention goetic spells and high magick rituals lest I be judged harshly. She simply is not ready for that and may never be ready. However, what she is doing appears to be working for her nonetheless slowly but surely the case that has been built around her is collapsing. I echo what others have said truly how many of us were privy to people introducing us to magick anyway when we really needed it. Many of us sought it out on our own.

Last year too another friend I think suspected that I was in the occult due to some of the stuff I wear and a few comments I have made. When she asked me for some more information I acted clueless and it is a good thing I did, we are no longer friends. Best to keep your good fortune to yourself. However, I can really relate to this topic. Even fairly recently a weight was lifted off my shoulders thanks to the occult and I was tempted to call a friend from the lodge because I just wanted someone to be happy with me about the occult. but I was disciplined enough not to and instead daily heap praises on the entities themselves. I often times wish I had someone like a husband though that I could freely talk about the occult with in real life and work with to experience new things with the occult though.

I used to feel the same way. I was very excited about what I was doing in the beginning, and I wanted to share it with everyone.

I think there was a part of me that wanted to take some credit for potentially improving another person’s life. I can’t say I was truly emotionally invested in them – it would have just been an ego boost.

It’s pretty normal to have the urge to blab on about something you are particularly interested in, but in the case of working with demons, doing rituals, etc… The chance of looking insane is higher than the chance of someone gaining an interest.

I truly feel like people are pushed toward a certain path in life. If someone was meant to follow this path, they will end up finding it sooner or later. There is no amount of convincing one can do to get someone interested in a practice that they are not meant for.

I don’t mean it in the way that we are all set on a predetermined path. I mean it in the way that we humans all seek a purpose in life, and our unique temperaments and higher selves guide us on the path that suits us.

It seems like your friend is doing just fine with what he is currently practicing. Let him focus on what his journey has led him to. If you are ever on the subject of spirituality, and he is curious about what you believe, then maybe you tell him about your practice if you feel that he’d be open to it.

At that point, he will either consider reading more about it, or he won’t. There’s no reason to persuade him.

Edited to add: I know sometimes this path can feel a bit lonely with no one around in person to talk about it or practice with, but that’s what this site is for! :slight_smile:
EVentually you end up meeting others who practice what you do. It just kind of happens. But converting a friend probably isn’t the way to go!

1 Like