Clarification of who Lucifer is?

I need clarification. As of late I’ve been wondering who is Lucifer? Is Lucifer the devil, Satan, or even evil at all? Is Lucifer symbolic for dark energy? How and why is there so much speculation on this topic? I would appreciate someone who knows what they’re talking about versus opinion or preconceived beliefs.im thinking about working with Lucifer I watched ea koetting video and still have questions

4 Likes

Lucifer is the morning star. Satan is well satan. 2 different people.

5 Likes

Is Satan a deity? A god? Fallen angel?
And as far as a morning star are you saying Lucifer is a celestial body/being? A part of nature?
Lastly, why is the sigil the same for both of these?

1 Like

Lucifer illuminates whatever path you want to walk, and hopefully it will be the one you really need to take in order to grow. Anything else you get from other people is going to be opinions based on their personal experiences with him.

If you really want to know who he is and what he does then it’s best to evoke him and ask him directly without any preconceptions.

9 Likes

Bingo.

4 Likes

Fucking smart asses. Lol. Yes they are deities and a part of nature they belong to the universe that we live in. From my research lucifer is venus which you can sometimes see with the naked eye depending on where you are in the world hence the title MS. Satan idk i havent really worked with him yet but others tell tall tales of him being connected with saturn.!

3 Likes

Wise Men say better to be smartass than dumbass. :wink:

:smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Haha somebodys got jokes

4 Likes

It is Lucifer I strive to emulate and Satan who makes reality of my inspiration.

Al.

5 Likes

So, I am interested in the history of ideas and most of my study is in finding the roots to ideas. I have also gone at length and ad nauseum on the topics of the historic Satan and Lucifer, so forgive me if I’m not going super in depth in using sources.

So, Lucifer first since that is is the title of your question. The name Lucifer as applied to Satan, the opposing force of Yahweh, is a latter Catholic/Orthodox addition.

Lucifer was not associated with Satan until after St. Jerome wrote the Latin Vulgate (a Latin translation of the Hebrew and Greek texts, which was rare at the time because everyone only used the Greek Septuagint). It is in this translation that Jerome mistranslated the Hebrew phrase Helel ben Shachar which when translated means, “Shinning One, Son of the Morning.” It was not known that Lucifer was a name for Satan, especially since a saint bishop is named Lucifer (See St. Lucifer of Cagliari). This phrase originally was a nickname for the King of Babylon, but later Christian tradition later decided that the King of Babylon was really a code word for Satan (hint: they are incorrect).

But, Lucifer is a God in the Roman pantheon as the Roman counterpart to the Greek God, Heosphoros (AKA Phosphorus). As the God of the Morning Star.

Then Satan. Originally, Satan was a type of unfallen angel, the shaitan. His job description was basically the opposition, he would argue against individuals to God. We see his role in the books of Job and Zechariah. (hint: while the translators translate satan as a proper noun in English translations, they’re dirty, dirty liars.)

It isn’t until the Babylonian exile when Judaism encounters Zoroastrianism do they add several doctrines of Zoroastrian origin, such as true monotheism, a final day of judgement, a final resurrection, a Messiah who would save everyone in the last days, and an opposing entity to the supreme deity. For more information about the influence of Zoroastrianism on Ancient Judaism during the Babylonian Exile visit this topic of mine:

Satan became rebranded and the only time that Satan is a proper noun, instead of a title, is in 1 Chronicles which is written after the Babylonian Exile.

So, Satan is basically a Jewish rebranding of Ahriman.

9 Likes

I put my experience so far in this post if you’re interested:

4 Likes

Soul of human being.

3 Likes

Interesting that Atoms are like a diety unit and the morning Star is like what balances the dualities, and energy basically is light

3 Likes